Author Topic: Old-School RAW thoughts:  (Read 4657 times)

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
Re: Old-School RAW thoughts:
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2014, 10:36:23 AM »

I'm just surprised that no backers have gotten behind them. They're established; they just need the financial resources to broaden their product. Everything else is there!

Ring of Honor just won't take off because the Fed keeps any and all competition "in their place".  WCW evolved from NWA and ECW evolved from what Eastern Championship was into Extreme Championship.  When I watch the docs about how they came up in stature, it really was because the Fed didnt worry about indy promotions back then as much as now.  It seems like any promotion that picks up steam gets squashed before they become another ECW.  I agree ROH is pretty sweet though.  Too bad about the monopoly the Fed has though, it leaves us with Cena's instead of Austin's.  Sad time to be a rasslin' fan.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2014, 06:04:58 PM »
I liked alot of the show, Jake made me pop like a 10 year old kid! I was begging for a DDT, thats all that was missing and would have solidified an excellent segment for me.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2014, 06:38:02 PM »
It seems like any promotion that picks up steam gets squashed before they become another ECW. 

Do you think that's directly Vince's doing?

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2014, 06:43:54 PM »

i would say absolutely, intentionally or not. We have all been brainwashed into believing that if its not WWE then its not mainstream, and subsequently substandard and of no interest. He uses his money and business acumen to annihilate anything that stands in the way of his domination, i dont think he will ever tire of sitting on a throne with no challengers. It is HIS industry, and thats the way he wants to keep it.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2014, 06:44:32 PM »
Right now id rather watch Mexican AAA over this crap.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2014, 06:45:20 PM »
i would say absolutely, intentionally or not. We have all been brainwashed into believing that if its not WWE then its not mainstream, and subsequently substandard and of no interest. He uses his money and business acumen to annihilate anything that stands in the way of his domination, i dont think he will ever tire of sitting on a throne with no challengers. It is HIS industry, and thats the way he wants to keep it.

He's the valedictorian of summer-school.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2014, 06:49:26 PM »
Not for long. One Vince croaks all his lackies will sink the Titanic.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2014, 06:50:55 PM »
Not for long. One Vince croaks all his lackies will sink the Titanic.

Trip wont have a clue how to steer the good ship WWE, whatever he tries will fail.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2014, 06:53:09 PM »
I have no faith in him or Stephanie.

Shane seemed to bring balance.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2014, 06:56:17 PM »
Trip wont have a clue how to steer the good ship WWE, whatever he tries will fail.
Again, you think he cares? He made his money times 10 and hes banging Stephanie in BOTH holez...yes she loves anal..check out the howard stern interview with her. HHH already won.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2014, 07:02:09 PM »
Shane was rightful heir to the throne, probably saw the ship would sink and is making a hell of a name for himself via other business ventures. He is the saviour, but only if its done his way and if he wants to take up the mantle.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2014, 01:38:18 AM »
Shane was rightful heir to the throne, probably saw the ship would sink and is making a hell of a name for himself via other business ventures. He is the saviour, but only if its done his way and if he wants to take up the mantle.

I think I read once that Shane said something to the effect that the company would, or may have been his when Vince steps down, but the problem is Vince isn't going anywhere.

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2014, 11:12:52 AM »

Absolutely.  I really believe Vince learned his lesson about competition with WCW and ECW.  Let's not forget WCW was BEATING the Fed for a while there.  The old man won't take any chances that any group will take a penny of his market share now.  ECW especially must have shocked him.  I remember when they started I thought this is so fucking awesome I hope they get more exposure.  If that greedy fuck Paul Heyman hadnt sold out, who knows if they would not have turned into somehting bigger. 

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2014, 03:56:26 PM »
Absolutely.  I really believe Vince learned his lesson about competition with WCW and ECW.  Let's not forget WCW was BEATING the Fed for a while there.  The old man won't take any chances that any group will take a penny of his market share now.  ECW especially must have shocked him.  I remember when they started I thought this is so fucking awesome I hope they get more exposure.  If that greedy fuck Paul Heyman hadnt sold out, who knows if they would not have turned into somehting bigger. 

I'm just curious as to what steps, specifically, Vince is taking in quashing any independents. I've been out of the Indy loop for about ten years, but I'm interested if you know something.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2014, 04:48:32 PM »

I'm just curious as to what steps, specifically, Vince is taking in quashing any independents. I've been out of the Indy loop for about ten years, but I'm interested if you know something.
The old fashioned way..he raids their talent pool.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2014, 05:39:26 PM »

Is that where he's getting these guys?

Then what, he puts them through FCW so they all come out the same?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2014, 05:42:50 PM »

Is that where he's getting these guys?

Then what, he puts them through FCW so they all come out the same?
Bullseye

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2014, 05:45:59 PM »

This.  Anyone who shows any potential gets a "development contract" and any character or gimmick they have in the Fed stays at the Fed.  Basically, you work for vince or you work indies making 20 bucks a night.  Nothing in between unless you are an old star and in that case you get 50 a night  :D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2014, 12:02:06 AM »
This.  Anyone who shows any potential gets a "development contract" and any character or gimmick they have in the Fed stays at the Fed.  Basically, you work for vince or you work indies making 20 bucks a night.  Nothing in between unless you are an old star and in that case you get 50 a night  :D
And thats exactly why WWE product stinks.