Author Topic: Prayers needed for my great friend Ed Corney...  (Read 35009 times)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
Re: Prayers needed for my great friend Ed Corney...
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2014, 06:34:39 PM »
Thanks for the updates!

He's a true iron warrior.  My favorite character in pumping iron.

All the best for him.

8)

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2014, 06:59:25 PM »
That man is nothing but smiles.

He is. Don't know how you knew, but he is always smiling except when he is struggling to get those 120's off the DB rack ~

BIG SMILES!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2014, 07:02:06 PM »
Hope he pulls through. One of the legends, for sure.

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2014, 07:28:08 PM »
Artistic yet masculine!  The same poses in different fashion...never repetitive! 

Sending positive vibes for a speedy recovery...

Posing master.....he poses for 4 minutes here....if you've never tried posing for 4 minutes and making it look effortless give it a go :)

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2014, 03:16:42 AM »
dyslexic....I still want to hear what Ed has to say about those "last two reps" in the squat video from 'Pumping Iron'  :)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2014, 10:33:58 AM »

Well, let's just put it this way: They are a series of "expletives..."

I really have to talk to Ed when he gets back and ask him how many stories he wouldn't mind that I share here. He's got thousands... literally.

Maybe you can do a Q&A talk with him and put it on Youtube, or maybe a serie in case he talks forever, lol

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2014, 11:03:59 AM »
DYSLEXIC, Thanks for the update regarding ED.

I'm also a friend of Ed's. Have known Ed since the days of Bob's Gym before he got his pro card and if I recall correctly ... Myself and wayne ANderson went with Ed to that pro qualifying event
.. but I have long forgotten those detrails.

I have just finished talking with Wayne and he talked to Ed on the phone yesterday and without going into too much detail ... all seems well ... which is a big relief for many of us.

I still recall the day that I had lunch with Ed at the GERMAN's in Venice  and he told me that he had decided to retire from BB competitions and would be announcing it officially that week.

I forgot those exact detials also but I realized that Bodybuilding would be missine a darn fine individual  when he left.

But in reality he never did leave baecause he never really quit lifting heavy things.

Thanks again, DYS!

Da Freak

• Getbig IV
  • Get BIG! Or DIE trying!
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2014, 02:31:50 PM »
best poser ever in my books. glad to hear he is feeling better now.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2014, 02:37:26 PM »
Oh yeah!

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2014, 02:40:14 PM »
Awesome....glad to see him out there in the sun.Thanks for keeping us updated dys

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2014, 02:46:49 PM »

That just might work. I'll let him get settled in and see what he thinks...

Gotta make sure I bring a hot chick and a Tootsie Pop with me or it ain't gonna happen... lol

Glad you liked the idea Dys, and I hope he feels the same way.

Maybe we can create a list with subjects?
For instance, I would love to know what/who inspired him to pose so powerful and graceful. Maybe he has some suggestions for the novice athletes? Thanks.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2014, 03:50:11 PM »
Great to hear that he`s out of the hospital and doing OK,as well as looking great!

Nothing but respect and admiration for a true legend,and who just seems like a damn good guy to boot.

AVBG

« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2014, 09:25:49 PM »
Great to hear that he`s out of the hospital and doing OK,as well as looking great!

Nothing but respect and admiration for a true legend,and who just seems like a damn good guy to boot.

X2!

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2014, 09:28:37 PM »
Oh hell yeah! If you guys are serious, post up the questions. I will ask him all of them.. (unless the gimmicks step in) but I can sit at Google (like I said before) and he will tell me where he was and what he was doing and what was going on behind the scenes.

Like I was telling another friend here: I just mainly listen when he speaks. I'm like a sponge when he talks. I can keep the conversation going, but I don't want it to EVER feel like an interview. I just want him to open up freely.

He is not a glamour queen in any way, shape or form.

His main concern is Heavy weights, High volume, his Tootsie Pops and the Tang... ya know? The young girls still are in awe of him and of course, he of them.

I will talk more when he chills after his workouts. I personally don't think he would let anyone do it but me at this point. He really digs my GF... and that's fine. As long as she is there, he will be REAL happy.
^^
I'll start off some questions, and I'm no gimmick...

1)  What did he and Arnold REALLY eat on a daily basis, and did they have a cheat day once a week??
2)  Does he remember what Steroid cycle was used during the PUMPING IRON movie when he and Arnold were getting in shape for the 1975 Mr. Olympia??
3)  What is his FAVORITE famous training partners during his career??

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2014, 10:15:12 PM »
1.What did Ed really think of Franco?
2.What was the reason for the animosity between Franco and Zane and which one did it come from?
3.I've always thought that Rick Wayne was the best short bodybuilder in the late sixties and was better than Franco. Why do you think he never place higher?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2014, 10:23:49 PM »
What was his favorite Corvette that he owned?

Fitness4Life

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2014, 10:30:38 PM »
How old was he when he started having heart attacks and strokes?  Was he still active in bodybuilding?  In any case, this is sad news, hope his health improves.

TheShape

• Getbig III
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2014, 10:33:34 PM »
-Best lifts
-Daily food intake
-Training (Hours & Split)

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2014, 09:07:18 AM »
ED.......GREAT TO HAVE YOU HERE AT GETBIG!!!!

IN THE 70S AND 80S......WHAT DID YOU TYPICALLY EAT PRE WORKOUT AND POST WORKOUT?

HOW LONG DID YOUR WORKOUTS USUALLY LAST?

WHAT WAS ARNOLD REALLY LIKE?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2014, 09:13:42 AM »
Who was the hardest trainer in Gold in its heyday?

Who does Ed thinks was his biggest rival/opponent in any contests he ever entered?

Who was his closest friend in Golds Gym back then?

Thanks Ed and dyslexic for the time and consideration.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2014, 09:34:48 AM »
Get him back to the gym as soon as possible.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2014, 03:13:37 PM »
Well, Ed came back in the gym today after being diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure. Doc's orders were: "Cardio Only!"

Ed and I had a discussion to make sure this happened.

It did not. Ed is ashen. For those of you who don't know the meaning of that word (not condescending b/c there are many nationalities here that may not be familiar with the word...     

ash·en1
ˈaSHən/Submit
adjective
of the pale gray color of ash.
"the ashen morning sky"

I gave him a hug. He sat on the Recumbant bike, but he hated it. He didn't even pedal....

I turned away for a moment and he was back at the weights. I'm not gonna have his demise in my gym. Things aren't as good as I'd thought they would be upon his return. Weight lifting, regardless of the amount of weight used is dangerous for him at this time.

Clint Eastwood once said "A man's got to know his limitations" and obviously Ed does not. I get it, but I can't abide by it.

So, here is your update with pics. This may be the last time we see him. Arnold's number is in his phone, which, consequently is left on my  desk while Ed trains. Arnold is a great man, but he is also an arrogant and selfish S.O.B. ~ yeah, I said it.

There isn't really anyone that can stop Ed and I'm not Dr. Kavorkian. This won't be good for our reputation. If the exercises don't contraindicate his anaerobic workouts, his Meds do.... I don't really care who disagrees with me. "Grant the man his last wishes, etc. etc."

I promised you fuckers an update and I'm holding up my end of the deal. (Don't take that the wrong way) ~ I wouldn't be here if I didn't give a shit about this board. A lot of you guys have PM'd me consistently about Ed or even some of my posts. Lots of good guys here, of that there is no dispute in my head.

Here ya go. I've torn my abdominal wall before and it wasn't with Dumbells or Barbells... it was with the *very* machine Ed is sitting on. Does it look like he is lifting light and easy? Does it?

This may be the last time you see him. Not being negative. Being REAL. Get it? Yeah, I'm pissed. So what?

Ed refusing to pedal:

Give him props. Fine. I don't want him dying in my gym. If the anaerobic exercises don't contraindicate, his meds do. Remember that.

Happy to see him back? Yes. Happy to see him lifting hard again? No. Catch 22 bitches. I love you all, and I hate you all. Bear with me while I blow off some steam. You older guys, give advice and opinions.

I'm calling Arnold. Who cares? At this point in time, trust me when I say Arnold is just another guy. Am I being dramatic? I train people. I train those clients that nobody else wants. I train the convalescents. I train the injured. I do rehab and physical therapy... and I know better.

My grandfather, believe it or not, was just like this. When he got cataracts and was running through stop signs almost killing women with children in strollers, and the DMV and P.D wanted to take his license, his attitude was this: "Ive been driving 80 years. Who could possibly tell me I can't drive anymore?"

I took his car keys for good.

Here's the question: "Can I take Ed's car keys?"

I think not. Nor can I ban him from my gym. This is where he want's to be. This is where it's all gonna end. Wow.

History in the making. I will never forgive myself.
Make sure you tell Arnold to log in on Getbig if you get the chance.  He hasn`t been on in a while.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2014, 03:15:06 PM »
1.What did Ed really think of Franco?
2.What was the reason for the animosity between Franco and Zane and which one did it come from?
3.I've always thought that Rick Wayne was the best short bodybuilder in the late sixties and was better than Franco. Why do you think he never place higher?

Rick Wayne is killing everyone in arms in that pic

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2014, 03:26:21 PM »
God,I hope he doesn`t worsen his illness.

It`s gotta` be tough to not train,especially being Ed Corney, but health has to come first,especially at his age and after all of the health related problems he`s been through.

All the best to Ed and you to dyslexic.......keep an eye on him bud. 

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2014, 03:49:54 PM »
As long as a person with chf lifts in moderation he or she should be ok. I'm not a cardio pulm doc n I don't know ed personally. All I'm saying is ask him to keep things fairly light n it's better than not being there. N what drugs is he in the contraindicate weight lifting?

Btw. R u the guy who always accompanies him at the arnold. Love ed!