Author Topic: t3 experinces  (Read 11711 times)

20inch calves

• Getbig V
t3 experinces
« on: January 10, 2014, 01:17:04 PM »
Guys please share your t3 experience here
How long is to long?  How much is to much?
I m thinking 30mcg a day bumping up 60mcg after 3 wks using for a total of 11wks
irongearco.com

newcharacter

• Getbig II
Re: t3 experinces
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 04:16:33 PM »
There is no "too long" purely from a health standpoint as it has been shown that the thyroid will fully recover in a matter of weeks no matter what. Obviously there are other considerations e.g financial but that's highly individual

In terms of dose it really depends on your goals.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 04:27:10 PM »
I have 30lbs to lose in about 10wks I already have enough to run whatever
irongearco.com

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 08:05:30 PM »
100mcg max and about 8 weeks at that dose.

You can use 50mcg for months with no issues.

I'd limit it to 4 months to be safe.  I've used 50mcg for 6 months with no problems and i had a strong rebound, my thyroid is fine.

8)

chetanbarokar

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 08:47:55 PM »
To OP, on 100mcg, you'll have to use AAS. Without AAS, it would be catabolic on muscles. How much AAS, experts (overload and others) shall suggest.
And yes, you'd be hungry like a wolf on 100mcg. Atleast I get. It may vary individually. Just stating one of the effects.
Thanks.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 08:54:29 PM »
There is no "too long" purely from a health standpoint as it has been shown that the thyroid will fully recover in a matter of weeks no matter what. Obviously there are other considerations e.g financial but that's highly individual

In terms of dose it really depends on your goals.

eh, yes there is a 'too long'.

I'm speaking from experience, after ending up in the ER (and admitted for 3 days) with Thyro-toxic Periodic/partial Paralysis, in which the thyroid levels were so high for so long that my potassium was shit... low enough to where I couldn't lift myself out of bed.

believed I was taking t4, when I was being given t3.. took about 9 months till I ended up hospitalized, and lost 40+ pounds, if not 60. people were asking if I was 'sick'... was losing so much weight, I thought I had cancer or something.

chetanbarokar

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 09:24:09 PM »
eh, yes there is a 'too long'.

I'm speaking from experience, after ending up in the ER (and admitted for 3 days) with Thyro-toxic Periodic/partial Paralysis, in which the thyroid levels were so high for so long that my potassium was shit... low enough to where I couldn't lift myself out of bed.

believed I was taking t4, when I was being given t3.. took about 9 months till I ended up hospitalized, and lost 40+ pounds, if not 60. people were asking if I was 'sick'... was losing so much weight, I thought I had cancer or something.

ESFitness, how much t3 were you taking accidently during those 9 months which led to the problems?

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 09:25:29 PM »
ESFitness, how much t3 were you taking accidently during those 9 months which led to the problems?

probably 200mcg

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 09:45:17 PM »
probably 200mcg

that's why. there IS NO "too long", but there is "too much". you abused the drug.

of course its gonna cause retarded lethargy and weakness at that dose for along time, and for more insane hunger

using proper dosage of 50mcg for most during prep and offseason it can be run all yr round and I do so myself

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 11:28:31 PM »
that's why. there IS NO "too long", but there is "too much". you abused the drug.

of course its gonna cause retarded lethargy and weakness at that dose for along time, and for more insane hunger

using proper dosage of 50mcg for most during prep and offseason it can be run all yr round and I do so myself

yea, but how do you gauge the dose?? I've run 75-150mcg of t4 daily for many, many years, but with consistent bloodwork.

I wouldn't run t3 longer than 6-8wks, knowing what I know now.  running t3 in the past is the reason for me needing t4 in the first place. if I was gonna run it longer (if I needed t3 longer, something is wrong with my diet #1... or I'd better have impaired t3 from gh #2)

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 04:07:39 AM »
yea, but how do you gauge the dose?? I've run 75-150mcg of t4 daily for many, many years, but with consistent bloodwork.

I wouldn't run t3 longer than 6-8wks, knowing what I know now.  running t3 in the past is the reason for me needing t4 in the first place. if I was gonna run it longer (if I needed t3 longer, something is wrong with my diet #1... or I'd better have impaired t3 from gh #2)

it noticeably aids in protein synthesis in case studies done on it, no long term damage from 50mcg per day.

the guidelines are based on what you weigh. a 250-270lb Olympia competitor can run 100mcg per day, a 200lb amateur should stick between 25-50mcg(25 is only replacement dose). The sides you describe are exactly what is supposed  to happen with an overactive thyroid, its too much for you.

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 10:22:02 AM »

I wouldn't run t3 longer than 6-8wks, knowing what I know now.  running t3 in the past is the reason for me needing t4 in the first place. if I was gonna run it longer (if I needed t3 longer, something is wrong with my diet #1... or I'd better have impaired t3 from gh #2)
i believe "Common Ssense" is the answer you are looking for, also, know your body and listen to it.

In your past experience with T3, did you lose 40+ pounds? i doubt it. So the fact that you lost 40+ lbs shouldve told you that something in your doseage was fucked up.

And what OL said was there is no time limits on t3, but dont confuse that with dose limit. 200mg test e weekly for rest of your life is fine. 2000mg test e weekly for rest of your life is not fine

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 11:15:01 AM »
hey mario, missed you no homo.

i think there is both too mch and too long.

id only ever run a dosage as low as possible to feel an effect.25mcg t3 will have feelable effect without the flatness.

the more t3,the more gear must be ran.its a viscous cycle.

it really helps, but always tendency of flatness and real musceloss
n

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2014, 11:21:24 AM »
hey mario, missed you no homo.

i think there is both too mch and too long.

id only ever run a dosage as low as possible to feel an effect.25mcg t3 will have feelable effect without the flatness.

the more t3,the more gear must be ran.its a viscous cycle.

it really helps, but always tendency of flatness and real musceloss
hey man how are you? was away for about a year now , very limited access to internet and whatnot, now im back. read yor othe rpost, sorry about your injury bro.

I feel t3 is best dosed anywhere between 25-50mcg. anything lower than that it might not be beneficial at all, anything more than that i think the benefit/side effect ratio is not worth it ( mostly feeling flat).

chetanbarokar

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2014, 07:28:02 PM »
What do you guys think about measuring body temperature first thing in the morning to gauge t3's effect on body?
If temperature is increased by 0.3 to 0.6 degree above basal, t3 is affecting. If not, up the dose by 25mcg.
What say?

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2014, 07:59:00 PM »
What do you guys think about measuring body temperature first thing in the morning to gauge t3's effect on body?
If temperature is increased by 0.3 to 0.6 degree above basal, t3 is affecting. If not, up the dose by 25mcg.
What say?
body temperature too volatile for that.

t3 will wont dont worry.its plenty strong.

n

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2014, 08:55:21 PM »
i believe "Common Ssense" is the answer you are looking for, also, know your body and listen to it.

In your past experience with T3, did you lose 40+ pounds? i doubt it. So the fact that you lost 40+ lbs shouldve told you that something in your doseage was fucked up.

And what OL said was there is no time limits on t3, but dont confuse that with dose limit. 200mg test e weekly for rest of your life is fine. 2000mg test e weekly for rest of your life is not fine

you doubt it?

who the fuck are you to "doubt me"? why don't you use the fucking 'search' feature.

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2014, 03:12:57 AM »
I guarantee he lost 40lbs on it.  T3 is such a strong weightloss drug, and ive tried the 200mcg hes talking about and never again will I go above 50(I was at 50 my whole 8 week prep this yr), you lose fat and also flatten out like a pancake if ur really lean already. I've done it for a short time just to see, you shit constantly due the metabolic process being sped up, I got lines in my glutes eating cake and ice cream everyday, going to bed eating as much as I could and if I didn't eat enough I looked pathetically fat. The lethargy and tiredness ive never felt in my life.

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2014, 03:34:04 AM »
I guarantee he lost 40lbs on it.  T3 is such a strong weightloss drug, and ive tried the 200mcg hes talking about and never again will I go above 50(I was at 50 my whole 8 week prep this yr), you lose fat and also flatten out like a pancake if ur really lean already. I've done it for a short time just to see, you shit constantly due the metabolic process being sped up, I got lines in my glutes eating cake and ice cream everyday, going to bed eating as much as I could and if I didn't eat enough I looked pathetically fat. The lethargy and tiredness ive never felt in my life.

By flat, do you mean no glycogen in the muscles?
When you come off the T3, the glycogen returns and you're "full" again?

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2014, 03:43:22 AM »
By flat, do you mean no glycogen in the muscles?
When you come off the T3, the glycogen returns and you're "full" again?

honestly its within a very short period of time. if I take 100mcg for a few days and eat 400-500g carbs each day ill flatten out. It's just very hard to out eat the T3. And even if you do, overnight when u don't eat for 8 hours you lose way more weight than you should.

I prepped on 50mcg t3 and 600g carbs per day, with only 2 days the final week at 200g carbs. All 8 weeks of prep.
The year prior I experimented with high dose T3 and it was a chore to not shrink and lose wayyy too much weight.

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2014, 03:51:38 AM »
honestly its within a very short period of time. if I take 100mcg for a few days and eat 400-500g carbs each day ill flatten out. It's just very hard to out eat the T3. And even if you do, overnight when u don't eat for 8 hours you lose way more weight than you should.

I prepped on 50mcg t3 and 600g carbs per day, with only 2 days the final week at 200g carbs. All 8 weeks of prep.
The year prior I experimented with high dose T3 and it was a chore to not shrink and lose wayyy too much weight.

So this isn't "real" muscle mass lost then, it's just the glycogen getting depleted really fast? Like a ketogenic diet would but a few days?

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2014, 03:55:54 AM »
So this isn't "real" muscle mass lost then, it's just the glycogen getting depleted really fast? Like a ketogenic diet would but a few days?

Im saying it'll eat ur muscle if ur not eating constantly uncomfortable amounts of food.

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2014, 04:00:52 AM »
you doubt it?

who the fuck are you to "doubt me"? why don't you use the fucking 'search' feature.
Calm down gloria, no need for the internet tough guy attitude around here..

You said :

Im not doubting this. You ACCIDENTLY took high dosage of T3 because you THOUGHT you were taking T4. My question to you was that prior to this incident, did you have any experience with T3? if so, during your previous runs of T3, did you ALSO lose 40 lbs? Thats what i was saying i doubt... My point it, i dont think every cycle of T3 you had you lost 40 lbs, so the fact that during this cycle you were dropping weight like crazy, it shouldve told you "wait a minute, why is this time around so much more different than previous tries?"

See what happens when you have a nice friendly conversation instead of getting your panties in a bunch?

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2014, 04:07:56 AM »
Im saying it'll eat ur muscle if ur not eating constantly uncomfortable amounts of food.

Thanks
What is the best approach? To keep calories the same as when you were eating to gain weight for a few weeks?

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2014, 04:37:40 AM »
Thanks
What is the best approach? To keep calories the same as when you were eating to gain weight for a few weeks?

Yup, its a great safe tool and at 25-50 mcg u can use it all year long, I do myself. Honestly I did an 8 wk prep, dropped 15lbs total(I stay lean offseason) and kept calories at 3500 the entire time, only did a slight deplete to 200g carbs for 2 days and slight carb up. At 8 wks i just bumped tren, bumped ephedrine, added letro and halo at 3 wks out, had T3 in all offseason and dose didn't change.