Author Topic: Another shooting in Florida, 240, explain your people!  (Read 3349 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Another shooting in Florida, 240, explain your people!
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2014, 06:14:04 PM »
240 is on the money.

I felt like shit reading this headline this morning... We had just discussed a random grocery store shooting... and it happened last night.  it would have been more than 2 victims if a cop hadn't shown up that quickly.  

Last night I was out for dinner, quick bite on the way... two youths with thick ass coats bypass the line and power walk up to the register with some serious anger in their faces.   Instantly I stepped to drink refill station took a flank position with glock in jacket ready to center mass them from 3 feet away with the counter as cover, should anything but a wallet emerge.  They pulled out a receipt and yelled about something, they were given refund and food, and their rude asses left without incident.  The goofy smile never left my face, standing there with a medium cherry coke in left hand and glock 27 in the other, pointed at them thru my coat.  Simple preparation.  To everyone in that place, I'm just another schmoe eating my burger with mayo and mushrooms, slurping down a drink.  But if a gun appeared, then yes, I was in a strategic position to put 11 bullets into the 2 of them from three feet away with surprise on my side.  

paranoid?  I dunno... If we were in a war zone, it wouldn't be paranoia. And given X amount of murders happen daily in the USA, some would argue it's a low-grade warzone in some neighborhoods.   It doesn't make me stressed... if anything, I feel peaceful and relaxed that I'm able to feel safe while eating, not just "i sure hope that never happens to me".   Maybe 1-2 times a week, my spidey senses will go off like this, I'll put on a goofy smile and maybe sidestep to cover while my left hand clumsily holds the bag (remember, clumsy and goofy is very disarming) while right hand readies under clothing.  It's always nothing, and I always happily move about my day.   I even nodded at the 2 angry looking dudes and remarked about the fries in this place.   All was well.   But one day, which I pray never comes, if some random idiot starts off'ing people, I will have the best chance to surprise them and stop a forcible felony.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2014, 06:33:54 PM »
What you said is true. I have carried since 1983. Standing your ground is insane if you have a gun.  The only ones that should apply to is cops and not a civilian with a gun. Your first obligation to society is to see if you can remove yourself from the situation so no one has to die unless someone's life is in danger. Being a tough guy because you have a gun and escalating a situation is just crazy. 

100% correct.   The terrifying thing... when I sat thru a CCW permit class a year ago (with the NRA instructor), ironically on the exact day Zimmerman was indicted, they didn't mention this.  At all.

The entire class was Q&A about "Can I shoot someone if..."

When I sat thru this same class in 1997, the instructor spent half the class talking about the prison time we'll see from screwing up.  He told us you RUN if you can.  You back away.  You show the first cop on the scene that you did everything humanly possible to BACK DOWN from this situation, and the gun was a last resort.

it's a bunch of cowboy idiots with no self-restraint lately.  I hear all these "conservatives" that live in anti-gun states and don't carry a gun, playing armchair QB about how the shooter in every case has all the rights.  In most of these cases - zimmerman, hendrix, etc - the shooter ran into a confrontation, being the only armed one, and lost control of the situation and shot. 

If you have a gun, you don't chase that kid 2 blocks, zimmerman.
If you have a gun, you don't walk into yard to shoot a silhoueete, hendrix.

If you have a gun, your ass should be the biggest pacifist in the room.  Back down.  Every time.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2014, 07:31:34 PM »
Looks more like a close up of a nice bleached balloon knot about to be involved in a scat film

Spot on
O

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2014, 08:18:37 PM »
I felt like shit reading this headline this morning... We had just discussed a random grocery store shooting... and it happened last night.  it would have been more than 2 victims if a cop hadn't shown up that quickly.  

Last night I was out for dinner, quick bite on the way... two youths with thick ass coats bypass the line and power walk up to the register with some serious anger in their faces.   Instantly I stepped to drink refill station took a flank position with glock in jacket ready to center mass them from 3 feet away with the counter as cover, should anything but a wallet emerge.  They pulled out a receipt and yelled about something, they were given refund and food, and their rude asses left without incident.  The goofy smile never left my face, standing there with a medium cherry coke in left hand and glock 27 in the other, pointed at them thru my coat.  Simple preparation.  To everyone in that place, I'm just another schmoe eating my burger with mayo and mushrooms, slurping down a drink.  But if a gun appeared, then yes, I was in a strategic position to put 11 bullets into the 2 of them from three feet away with surprise on my side.  

paranoid?  I dunno... If we were in a war zone, it wouldn't be paranoia. And given X amount of murders happen daily in the USA, some would argue it's a low-grade warzone in some neighborhoods.   It doesn't make me stressed... if anything, I feel peaceful and relaxed that I'm able to feel safe while eating, not just "i sure hope that never happens to me".   Maybe 1-2 times a week, my spidey senses will go off like this, I'll put on a goofy smile and maybe sidestep to cover while my left hand clumsily holds the bag (remember, clumsy and goofy is very disarming) while right hand readies under clothing.  It's always nothing, and I always happily move about my day.   I even nodded at the 2 angry looking dudes and remarked about the fries in this place.   All was well.   But one day, which I pray never comes, if some random idiot starts off'ing people, I will have the best chance to surprise them and stop a forcible felony.

The everglades are waiting for these bitches.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2014, 11:27:42 PM »
Shooting at a mall.   unreal.   

Source: CNN

(CNN) -- Gunfire erupted in a Columbia, Maryland, shopping mall Saturday morning, leaving at least three people dead, according to the Howard County Police Department's Twitter account.

Authorities reported that an active shooter was on the second floor of the sprawling mall in Columbia in Howard County, according to CNN affiliate WBAL. Local scanner reports had authorities requesting multiple mass casualty units.

Images on Twitter reportedly from the scene showed mall employees and customers hiding in a stock room. The mall was on lockdown. Another Twitter image reportedly from the scene showed a bullet-riddled wall.

The Howard County Fire Department on Twitter reported an active shooter situation.

Read more: http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/25/us/maryland-mall-shooting/index.html