Author Topic: US military obtains new video of American soldier held in captivity  (Read 28512 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Talk about falling off the radar.  Haven't heard a thing about this kid.

US military obtains new video of American soldier held in captivity, official says
Published January 15, 2014
FoxNews.com

An undated photo of U.S. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who was captured in Afghanistan in 2009. (AP)
The U.S. military has obtained a new video showing the only known American soldier in captivity, whose health appears to be diminishing, a senior U.S. defense official tells Fox News.

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl disappeared June 30, 2009, while based in eastern Afghanistan. The Taliban claimed his capture in a video released in mid-July that year, which showed the young soldier appearing downcast and frightened.

In the latest video received by the military, Bergdahl was speaking and appeared “gaunt,” the official told Fox News on Wednesday.

U.S. defense spokeswoman Elissa Smith said in a statement to FoxNews.com that the Pentagon is “aware of reports of a video.”

“Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl has been gone far too long, and we continue to call for and work toward his safe and immediate release,” the statement said. “We cannot discuss all the details of our efforts, but there should be no doubt that on a daily basis -- using our military, intelligence and diplomatic tools -- we try to see Sgt. Bergdahl returned home safely. Our hearts are with the Bergdahl family.”

Bergdahl is believed to be held by the Taliban-linked Haqqani network in Pakistan.

His family released a statement Wednesday through the Idaho National Guard.

“Today we learned that a new video of our son, U.S. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, has been distributed by his captors,” the family statement read. “As we have done so many times over the past 4 and a half years, we request his captors to release him safely so that our only son can be reunited with his mother and father.

BOWE - If you see this, continue to remain strong through patience. Your endurance will carry you to the finish line. Breathe!”

Bergdahl, who is from Idaho, was serving with a unit based in Fort Richardson, Alaska, when he vanished just five months after arriving in Afghanistan. He was 23 years old at the time and was serving at a base in Paktika province near the border with Pakistan in an area known to be a Taliban stronghold.

The circumstances of Bergdahl’s capture are unclear. U.S. officials had told The Associated Press that a soldier vanished after walking off his base with three Afghans, while the Taliban said “a drunken American soldier had come out of his garrison” and was captured by militants.

In the first video of Bergdahl released by the Taliban, he indicated that he was captured after lagging behind during a patrol.

Last year, the Taliban offered a deal to free Bergdahl in exchange for five of their most senior operatives being held at Guatanamo Bay. But the proposal was rejected by the Obama administration over a longstanding U.S. policy of not negotiating with terrorists.

In another video released in 2010, Bergdahl, on camera, described himself as a “prisoner” who wanted to go home.

"This war isn't worth the waste of human life that has cost both Afghanistan and the U.S. It's not worth the amount of lives that have been wasted in prisons, Guantanamo Bay, Bagram, all those places where we are keeping prisoners," he said, according to The Associated Press.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/15/us-military-obtains-new-video-american-soldier-held-in-captivity-official-says/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: US military obtains new video of American soldier held in captivity
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 01:49:26 PM »
I would drop ten JDAMs a day on any target I chose, until they released him.  Seriously.  Let the world know they don't kidnap our troops like that. 

Watch how fast those supporting the kidnappers apply pressure to them to release the soldier. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 03:10:10 PM »
Bro...I can tell you that the facts about Ol Bowe aren't out. When we get him back they will. They're looking for him and will be happy to get him back but "kidnap" is to strong a word in this particular case.
L

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 03:21:13 PM »
LOL  ;D
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 03:22:31 PM »
Bro...I can tell you that the facts about Ol Bowe aren't out. When we get him back they will. They're looking for him and will be happy to get him back but "kidnap" is to strong a word in this particular case.

Thanks.  I kinda figured something was up.  Hard to believe we would be so quiet about this unless there wasn't something else going on. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 03:25:13 PM »
They've had him for awhile so there's that. They'll use him to trade for something. Unfortunatly I'll be involved when he gets back stateside. The admin better just let this go kinda quiet otherwise turing him into a hero is going to explode in their faces.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 03:27:53 PM »
They've had him for awhile so there's that. They'll use him to trade for something. Unfortunatly I'll be involved when he gets back stateside. The admin better just let this go kinda quiet otherwise turing him into a hero is going to explode in their faces.

Is he still getting paid?  Never thought about what happens when someone is captured. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 03:34:42 PM »
Paid and promoted.....thats the law.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 03:36:18 PM »
Paid and promoted.....thats the law.

Cool.  Thanks.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 07:59:26 PM »
Cool.  Thanks.

Doesn't do any good when you're being held hostage.  Strange that they haven't chopped his head off or killed him already......wonder why??
A

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 12:18:44 AM »
Its strange. soldiers rape women and children when in enemy territory.
Just goes without saying.
$

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 07:43:52 AM »
What.....?

In any event ...he's held by folks who want something. We have some guys they want back and Ol Bowe wasn't captured in combat or in a combat op so there's not a lot of hostility to him. I guess he looks like shit right now.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014, 05:44:50 PM »
Outrageous.  Nothing these people do surprises me.

Report: Obama Admin Intimidating Soldiers who Know the Truth About Bergdahl
June 26, 2014
By Todd Cefaratti

The Obama Administration operates as thugs. The president-to-be that once promised “hope,” “change,” and the most transparent administration in history has conducted his presidency in the utmost secrecy and have threatened and abused those who dared to challenger his administration’s narratives.

We have witnessed the abusive relationship that exists between the media and the Obama Administration. With their relentless assault on Fox News and their continued picking-and-choosing of who is in favor with the administration and who is not, the President and his staff have largely threatened and intimidated the Fourth Estate into submission.

The State Department has hidden and threatened those who are in a position to challenge the official, continually-changing stories surrounding the Benghazi terrorist attack.

The Obama Administration does not only threaten reporters or witnesses to the Benghazi massacre. Now, the latest scandal concerning Bowe Bergdahl is a liability for the Obama Administration and reports are emerging that indicate that the Obama Administration has been complicit in intimidating soldiers who know that Bowe Bergdahl is a deserter.

The Obama Administration’s crusade against our soldiers has gotten so bad that even the Huffington Post has been reporting on the outrageous treatment.

Last week, HuffPo columnist Bill Robinson spoke out on Fox and Friends and claimed that he had been receiving information from an inside source that claims that soldiers are being threatened, intimidated and discredited by the Obama Administration who are now threatened by the media narrative surrounding Bergdahl’s desertion.

Robinson claimed, “The White House, in concert with the State Department and Defense Department was orchestrating a campaign of threats and intimidation not only against infantrymen and the military men in Afghanistan at the time in 2009,  but also against military officers and Pentagon officers to keep silent about what really happened, there.” 

“He was more than just a deserter,” Robinson continued. “He was an out and out traitor.”

Robinson also pointed out that after expressing his hatred for America, the soldier left his station in a combat zone, leaving behind his belongings and weapon. After being intercepted by Taliban forces, Robinson pointed out, American casualties jumped 83% in the following month.

We do not know the entirety of the story surrounding Bowe Bergdahl, but we do know enough to know that this is a scandal of epic proportions. The Obama administration has known for years that this was a deserter and possible traitor and they still traded five high-ranking terrorists to obtain Bergdahl- a man who has professed a hatred for America prior to his desertion.

Since then, we have heard flippant disregards for the soldiers who were there, who know the truth. At what point will Americans finally have had enough of this treasonous president?

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/06/26/report-obama-admin-intimidating-soldiers-who-know-the-truth-about-bergdahl-2/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 05:53:10 PM »

Obama is a terrorist

Outrageous.  Nothing these people do surprises me.

Report: Obama Admin Intimidating Soldiers who Know the Truth About Bergdahl
June 26, 2014 Ob
By Todd Cefaratti

The Obama Administration operates as thugs. The president-to-be that once promised “hope,” “change,” and the most transparent administration in history has conducted his presidency in the utmost secrecy and have threatened and abused those who dared to challenger his administration’s narratives.

We have witnessed the abusive relationship that exists between the media and the Obama Administration. With their relentless assault on Fox News and their continued picking-and-choosing of who is in favor with the administration and who is not, the President and his staff have largely threatened and intimidated the Fourth Estate into submission.

The State Department has hidden and threatened those who are in a position to challenge the official, continually-changing stories surrounding the Benghazi terrorist attack.

The Obama Administration does not only threaten reporters or witnesses to the Benghazi massacre. Now, the latest scandal concerning Bowe Bergdahl is a liability for the Obama Administration and reports are emerging that indicate that the Obama Administration has been complicit in intimidating soldiers who know that Bowe Bergdahl is a deserter.

The Obama Administration’s crusade against our soldiers has gotten so bad that even the Huffington Post has been reporting on the outrageous treatment.

Last week, HuffPo columnist Bill Robinson spoke out on Fox and Friends and claimed that he had been receiving information from an inside source that claims that soldiers are being threatened, intimidated and discredited by the Obama Administration who are now threatened by the media narrative surrounding Bergdahl’s desertion.

Robinson claimed, “The White House, in concert with the State Department and Defense Department was orchestrating a campaign of threats and intimidation not only against infantrymen and the military men in Afghanistan at the time in 2009,  but also against military officers and Pentagon officers to keep silent about what really happened, there.” 

“He was more than just a deserter,” Robinson continued. “He was an out and out traitor.”

Robinson also pointed out that after expressing his hatred for America, the soldier left his station in a combat zone, leaving behind his belongings and weapon. After being intercepted by Taliban forces, Robinson pointed out, American casualties jumped 83% in the following month.

We do not know the entirety of the story surrounding Bowe Bergdahl, but we do know enough to know that this is a scandal of epic proportions. The Obama administration has known for years that this was a deserter and possible traitor and they still traded five high-ranking terrorists to obtain Bergdahl- a man who has professed a hatred for America prior to his desertion.

Since then, we have heard flippant disregards for the soldiers who were there, who know the truth. At what point will Americans finally have had enough of this treasonous president?

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/06/26/report-obama-admin-intimidating-soldiers-who-know-the-truth-about-bergdahl-2/

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 07:32:36 PM »
I don't know the whole story but...I don't think he's a traitor...I think he'll end up being a friggen retard but not a traitor.  I've seen him a few times so far coming and going.
L

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 09:54:18 PM »
I don't know the whole story but...I don't think he's a traitor...I think he'll end up being a friggen retard but not a traitor.  I've seen him a few times so far coming and going.

Not truthy enough for a few here, I'll bet. lol

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2014, 10:22:05 PM »
So, you think it's beyond the realm of possibility that a soldier who voiced displeasure with his mission before literally walking away from his camp and into the arms of the enemy could have actually helped that enemy?   

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2014, 10:34:56 PM »
So, you think it's beyond the realm of possibility that a soldier who voiced displeasure with his mission before literally walking away from his camp and into the arms of the enemy could have actually helped that enemy?   

No, not at all.  It's just that when a regular board member, especially one whose political orientation is right of center, is privy to actual info that the rest of us aren't and he says he doesn't think the guy is a traitor, then I'm gonna bet he's right -- Regardless of what that does to the more "truthy" narrative that some folks would much rather stick to.

BTW, of the right of center guys, I find you are one of the most reasonable ones.  No homo, lol.

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2014, 07:47:07 AM »
He's a faaaaaaaaagggggg.... :)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2014, 08:00:13 AM »
I think he's an idiot. I think its possible anything he did was because he's an idiot as opposed to a traitor. I think it will all come out in the investigation. At this point I'm trying to avoid becoming involved enough to get rolled into the official investigation.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2014, 10:15:18 AM »
I think he's an idiot. I think its possible anything he did was because he's an idiot as opposed to a traitor. I think it will all come out in the investigation. At this point I'm trying to avoid becoming involved enough to get rolled into the official investigation.

If he didn't share information I wouldn't necessarily call him traitor.  But a deserter or at a minimum AWOL?  Probably so.  But I don't know all the facts. 

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2014, 03:30:28 AM »
I saw his colleagues from his unit on Fox.  There is no doubt in my mind they were scapegoating him.  They essentially drove him away.