Author Topic: Still the ideal after 65 years?...  (Read 21063 times)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: Still the ideal after 65 years?...
« Reply #150 on: January 17, 2014, 06:10:46 PM »
The Scott is calling him a perfect god...and apparently he never had a cavity...LOL.

I really don't understand this facet of adulthood.  Okay then.  Thanks for the conversation, sir!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #151 on: January 17, 2014, 06:16:36 PM »
While I don't consider myself anywhere near Reeves in the physique department, my front double biceps wasn't too bad. Here is an edited version correcting the colour and getting rid of the background. I have the original negatives but have never scanned them.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: January 17, 2014, 06:18:44 PM »
While I don't consider myself anywhere near Reeves in the physique department, my front double biceps wasn't too bad. Here is an edited version correcting the colour and getting rid of the background. I have the original negatives but have never scanned them.

Your body flows better than Steve Reeves ,I hope this helps .

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #153 on: January 17, 2014, 06:20:34 PM »

You look better than Reeves in that particular shot.  You hit the pose very well. Arms staright out. Chest and shoulders wide.. Hips slighty jogged to accentuate your taper. Good shot

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: January 17, 2014, 06:22:04 PM »
You look better than Reeves in that particular shot.  You hit the pose very well. Arms staright out. Chest and shoulders wide.. Hips slighty jogged to accentuate your taper. Good shot

Exactly ,  if Basile was a little bit leaner , he'd destroy Reeves.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: January 17, 2014, 06:25:36 PM »
Exactly ,  if Basile was a little bit leaner , he'd destroy Reeves.

Well..as I have said...I don't see what the big fkng deal is with Reeves in the first place.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: January 17, 2014, 06:27:49 PM »
Well..as I have said...I don't see what the big fkng deal is with Reeves in the first place.

Good physique for sure ,but the greatest genetics ever ,not even close.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #157 on: January 17, 2014, 06:28:19 PM »
Tony Lanza told me he had to show Reeves and a lot of the guys how he wanted them to pose. What I did was practice posing for 20 minutes each night for 6 months before a contest. You know, never waste those mirrors! I also used another mirror behind me so I could see what I looked like from the back. If you look at videos of Reeves posing you can see he posed rapidly and had little idea about how to present himself at his best. Grimek, on the other hand was a master poser and that is partly why he beat Reeves in the famous Mr USA in 1948. Clancy Ross came second and Steve was third. Today I admire Reeves more than the other two.

In the front double biceps it is important to get the elbows higher than the shoulders. Then one has to try to bring that cut out in the lats. The hips are turned slightly to make them seem slimmer and then the legs put in a line to continue from the arms. The calves have to be flared to give them width. This is tricky. You have to pull and push on the ball of the foot at the same time.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #158 on: January 17, 2014, 06:29:15 PM »

Top build, seriously.

Flotsam Approved!
O

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: January 17, 2014, 06:31:50 PM »
This Hebrew's genetics  shits all over  Reeves.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #160 on: January 17, 2014, 06:33:04 PM »
Tony Lanza told me he had to show Reeves and a lot of the guys how he wanted them to pose. What I did was practice posing for 20 minutes each night for 6 months before a contest. You know, never waste those mirrors! I also used another mirror behind me so I could see what I looked like from the back. If you look at videos of Reeves posing you can see he posed rapidly and had little idea about how to present himself at his best. Grimek, on the other hand was a master poser and that is partly why he beat Reeves in the famous Mr USA in 1948. Clancy Ross came second and Steve was third. Today I admire Reeves more than the other two.

In the front double biceps it is important to get the elbows higher than the shoulders. Then one has to try to bring that cut out in the lats. The hips are turned slightly to make them seem slimmer and then the legs put in a line to continue from the arms. The calves have to be flared to give them width. This is tricky. You have to pull and push on the ball of the foot at the same time.

you know, you had a pretty good build, its unfortunate that youre such a fagget.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2014, 06:33:22 PM »

Solid post.........great description....only a good poser would know these type of things.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2014, 06:35:23 PM »

And this is why peolpe don't like you.

Very informative post

Would it have killed you to say "thanks guys" as well  ::)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #163 on: January 17, 2014, 06:39:44 PM »
And this is why peolpe don't like you.

Very informative post

Would it have killed you to say "thanks guys" as well  ::)
i was going to mention the last line u wrote,,the 'thanks part'people have yold him numerous times how he looks good and mastered that pose and its like he dosen't want anyone to compliment him because his tirade continues on the 'thick nick''blue stars 'thread ,like look at all the people getting them before me and on and on,,,vince here's your blue stars,posters are telling you u look great here,ta da....

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #164 on: January 17, 2014, 06:40:38 PM »

That order seems correct, I'dve maybe put Ross first -

Reeves just has height going for him.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #165 on: January 17, 2014, 06:45:29 PM »
Look, fellas, I will thank Ron when I get my blue competition stars! Seriously, I never expected anyone to say anything nice about my physique here on Getbig.

So I am flattered by the comments here. Dr Walzack told me I could be a Mr Universe if I was supervised by him for 6 months....deca durabolin. I came to

Australia to get a job teaching high school PE and never went to LA to see the doctor. I had a wife and family to think about. Dr MW was openly gay and that didn't sit well with me in those days.

Homosexuals were considered deviants so I avoided owing any of them anything...if you get my drift. Heck, I slept in my car for two weeks in LA in 1968.

Tricky finding dark streets to sleep in around Venice and elsewhere I ended up at night. Some mornings old ladies would wake me up by knocking on the window and laughing. Finally Chip Wilson and his mate

from Chicago let me sleep on their sofa and gave me a key to their flat. Nice guys and much appreciated. Joe Gold let me train for free in his gym and I always

let visiting top guys train in my gym for free if I am there.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: January 17, 2014, 07:03:51 PM »
Got to say I think Basille had a better physique than Reeves.Kind of ridiculous when you think now that Ron won't even give him blue stars lol.I think with Reeves too many men get sucked in by the pretty face, like when guys look at a picture and say they want the guys haircut, they are really saying they want to look like the guys face.Put big lous face on his physique then see what happens.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #167 on: January 17, 2014, 07:12:27 PM »
Perhaps Reeves biggest problem was his lack of "thickness".  It was said Steve was like the Sunday paper, wide  and impressive.

Until you turned it sideways.  Still one of my personal favorites.  Clancy Ross too and I think both he and Reeves were better than Grimek.  But much of bodybuilding is subjective to individual preferences.

I agree with what seems to be the majority here in that Vince's physique was excellent and it's unfathomable why the site owner does not award (vs "give") him his blue stars. 

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #168 on: January 17, 2014, 07:40:46 PM »

Good editing, most old folks can't do a thing with computers. What you?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #169 on: January 17, 2014, 07:42:19 PM »
Look, fellas, I will thank Ron when I get my blue competition stars! Seriously, I never expected anyone to say anything nice about my physique here on Getbig.

So I am flattered by the comments here. Dr Walzack told me I could be a Mr Universe if I was supervised by him for 6 months....deca durabolin. I came to

Australia to get a job teaching high school PE and never went to LA to see the doctor. I had a wife and family to think about. Dr MW was openly gay and that didn't sit well with me in those days.

Homosexuals were considered deviants so I avoided owing any of them anything...if you get my drift. Heck, I slept in my car for two weeks in LA in 1968.

Tricky finding dark streets to sleep in around Venice and elsewhere I ended up at night. Some mornings old ladies would wake me up by knocking on the window and laughing. Finally Chip Wilson and his mate

from Chicago let me sleep on their sofa and gave me a key to their flat. Nice guys and much appreciated. Joe Gold let me train for free in his gym and I always

let visiting top guys train in my gym for free if I am there.

No one asked any of this shit.

This is why no you'll never get your blue start nor any respect.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #170 on: January 17, 2014, 07:45:42 PM »
No one asked any of this shit.

This is why no you'll never get your blue start nor any respect.

LOL. Who gets respect from everyone here at Getbig? Answer: no one. We all take turns getting shit on. After a while many lose whatever self-respect they used to have.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #171 on: January 17, 2014, 08:01:03 PM »
LOL. Who gets respect from everyone here at Getbig? Answer: no one. We all take turns getting shit on. After a while many lose whatever self-respect they used to have.
fair enough vince,,props again,,good luck getting blue stars...i competed as well and never wanted or needed validation blue star wise,,and i'm still 90 pct of my peak show look at 45..

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #172 on: January 17, 2014, 08:32:13 PM »
fair enough vince,,props again,,good luck getting blue stars...i competed as well and never wanted or needed validation blue star wise,,and i'm still 90 pct of my peak show look at 45..

The blue stars is a long running joke here. I like to pull everyone's leg about it. Not having them is fun! Anyway, who wants what Goodrum has??

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #173 on: January 17, 2014, 08:34:52 PM »
The blue stars is a long running joke here. I like to pull everyone's leg about it. Not having them is fun! Anyway, who wants what Goodrum has??
got ya  ;)..

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #174 on: January 18, 2014, 01:35:43 AM »
In that pose Vince is better than Reeves. I pointed out many times that people are mesmerized by Reeve's face not his build. che has a better flow than reeves.. post again a relaxed shot che ..