Author Topic: Still the ideal after 65 years?...  (Read 21019 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Still the ideal after 65 years?...
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2014, 02:06:37 PM »
Let me take Reeves apart a bit: thick ankles and thick knees, long upper body compared to his lower, take the pretty face and the "magik" is gone.

:D

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2014, 02:06:56 PM »
To members of the public NOT into the shaved thongman pageant-life like we are, this is Godly on almost every level.

O

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2014, 02:07:42 PM »
I almost agree.... everyone fawns over him but o really see nothing that makes me say 'holy shit' like I do with pics of guys like Arnold, Dorian, or Ronnie.

shawn ray is another one that I kinda dont see the fuss over. Yeah he had decent lines, but he wasnt any more aesthetic than some of the other guys... sometimes I think people see small = aesthetic.

dude was a mass monster on a miniature scale.
pardon me sir......shawn had decent lines???? shawn had some of the very best lines ever!!!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2014, 02:08:30 PM »
Reeves looked great for his time...the only guys who came remotely  close at that time period were Grimek,and possibly Clancy Ross.

These guys were the pioneers of bodybuilding and had to experiment all the time to see which protocol gave them the best results.

C-BuZz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2014, 02:09:43 PM »
We know for a fact when they were. Do the research and find out yourself

In my opinion, he is not natural. Your not changing that fact. I bet you also believe he only worked out 1 month out of the year to achieve that physique?

http://www.drkrm.com/reeves.html

SR: No. That's an amazing thing. My body responds so well to exercise, and it keeps it so long, that I didn't have to. I didn't take any steroids, they didn't exist at that time. It was just easy for me to get in shape and to stay in shape. During the 15 years I was in Europe, I would work out possibly one month a year, usually the month of May. I lived in Switzerland most of the time and I would go skiing and take walks with my dog. But the food there was so great that I would gain maybe 10 pounds during the winter. So during May I'd work like son-of-a-gun. Run through the mountains there, use the weights, and get in top form that month, and that would last me through the season. During filming you're too exhausted I get a decent workout, and I really didn't need because the stress that there is in acting kept the fat off me and the muscle didn't want to go away.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2014, 02:15:29 PM »
In my opinion, he is not natural. Your not changing that fact. I bet you also believe he only worked out 1 month out of the year to achieve that physique?

http://www.drkrm.com/reeves.html

LMFAO!!!!!!!!

You're entitled to your own opinion but you're not entitled to your own facts. Fact is Ciba didn't create d-bol until 1956 , 6 years after Reeves retired. These are facts.

And I actually have the book where that quote is from and you would need to read the book in it's entirety to understand where that quote was coming from. That was AFTER he retired from professional bodybuilding. He didn't achieve that physique from doing that , after he retired Hollywood wanted him to dropped weight for movie roles because he was dwarfing his costars , he went from 215 down to as low as 190

Do the research  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2014, 02:18:05 PM »
pardon me sir......shawn had decent lines???? shawn had some of the very best lines ever!!!

LMAO best lines ever Shawn was VASTLY overrated

Shawn was short , NARROW , long torso , short legs he had a good looking physique but he's the product of his own hype machine.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2014, 02:23:55 PM »
ND beating people over the head with his OPINION again.

you think reeves had perfect proportions...many others don't including me.  Does EVERYTHING hage to he an argument to the fucking death with you ?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2014, 02:30:11 PM »
ND beating people over the head with his OPINION again.

you think reeves had perfect proportions...many others don't including me.  Does EVERYTHING hage to he an argument to the fucking death with you ?

Wrong beating people with FACTS again  ;) get it right , FACT is Ciba didn't create D-bol until years after he retired. That's not an opinion.  8)

I have no problem with you thinking he didn't have perfect proportions , I didn't comment on that and in MY opinion he does , and I can back up MY opinion not just type it with you.

There is NO ' argument ' I'm no more arguing than you are.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2014, 02:36:43 PM »
Wrong beating people with FACTS again  ;) get it right , FACT is Ciba didn't create D-bol until years after he retired. That's not an opinion.  8)

I have no problem with you thinking he didn't have perfect proportions , I didn't comment on that and in MY opinion he does , and I can back up MY opinion not just type it with you.

There is NO ' argument ' I'm no more arguing than you are.

Exactly.  There is no argument but here you are posting a crappy pic of Sean Ray ..and a pic of Sev because he said something bad about your hero   ::)

and calling Sean Ray "a product of his own hype machine"

The Irony being if anyone is a product of hype its Steve Reeves.  "The most perfect proportions"..really..according to whom exactly. STEVE REEVES ?   LOLOLOLOL.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2014, 02:43:56 PM »
Exactly.  There is no argument but here you are posting a crappy pic of Sean Ray and calling him "a product of his own hype machine"

The Irony being if anyone is a product of hype its Steve Reeves.  "The most perfect proportions"..really..according to whom exactly. STEVE REEVES ?   LOLOLOLOL.

It's 2014 and people are still talking about Steve Reeves , if he was the product of his own hype that would have ended back in 1950 when he retired. 65 from now who will be talking about Shawn Ray?

And I'm not the only one who harped on Ray , it's funny you only chastised me , still butthurt Groink?  ;D

Shawn Ray couldn't separate himself from his competition and define his era , he was a second tier pro who convinced people he was something more than what he was.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2014, 02:49:14 PM »
It's 2014 and people are still talking about Steve Reeves , if he was the product of his own hype that would have ended back in 1950 when he retired. 65 from now who will be talking about Shawn Ray?

And I'm not the only one who harped on Ray , it's funny you only chastised me , still butthurt Groink?  ;D

Shawn Ray couldn't separate himself from his competition and define his era , he was a second tier pro who convinced people he was something more than what he was.

Yes because he was Hercules.

I know bodybuilding quite well. Not like you of course... ut I have no fucking clue what titles he won...or when. Hes famous because he was a film star.

But you are the only one insulting people because they don't agree with you . Like you just did me.  Do you even know how to have a civil discussion without acting like a dick...seriously.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2014, 02:57:11 PM »
Yes because he was Hercules.

I know bodybuilding quite well. Not like you of course... ut I have no fucking clue what titles he won...or when. Hes famous because he was a film star.

But you are the only one insulting people because they don't agree with you . Like you just did me.  Do you even know how to have a civil discussion without acting like a dick...seriously.

Oh the sensible Groink is here , the reasonable one who just wants to get along with everyone  ::) You're the biggest Dick on this website and now you're complaining about others doing the same.  ::)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2014, 03:27:27 PM »
Oh the sensible Groink is here , the reasonable one who just wants to get along with everyone  ::) You're the biggest Dick on this website and now you're complaining about others doing the same.  ::)

Yes. You see.. I can break balls with the best of them....I own you at will and can make you dance like a puppet...but I'm mostly a cool person here to shoot the shit.

You're just an asshole.. In plain English. Someone is having a discussion and you swoop in like a Stalker and post thing they said from 4 years ago...did it EVER occur to you that people have good days and bad days ? Or that people are entitled to change their mind ? That it's just a stupid message board and who really gives that much of a fuck to call someone on a three year old contradiction ? You are truly fucking bizarre.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2014, 03:39:06 PM »
Yes. You see.. I can break balls with the best of them....I own you at will and can make you dance like a puppet...but I'm mostly a cool person here to shoot the shit.

You're just an asshole.. In plain English. Someone is having a discussion and you swoop in like a Stalker and post thing they said from 4 years ago...did it EVER occur to you that people have good days and bad days ? Or that people are entitled to change their mind ? That it's just a stupid message board and who really gives that much of a fuck to call someone on a three year old contradiction ? You are truly fucking bizarre.

Fancy story bro , but the reality is far from it. You don't own shit , you're a fucking cry baby who runs to the mods every chance you can get. You're a little bitch hiding under gimmicks to spew racist shit. You're a 50 year old dude photoshopping pics to impress people , posting pictures of your g/f's breasts , bragging about your material possessions. You're a male booty 

I am whatever you want me to be and have NO desire to try and change that. And OMG a ' stalker '  ::) when I'm posting pictures of your g/f without her face being hidden or pictures of your daughter than call me a stalker until then stop being melodramatic , I no more ' stalk ' you than YOU stalk Wiggs. Is that the worse you can say about me? I'm opinionated , I'm an asshole? I threw your own words back in your face?  ::) if that's the case I'm ahead of the game. I could be a racist dick who hides under gimmicks and cries to mods at every turn. Remember Ron had to tell YOU to fuck off NOT me  ;)

And stay on topic , stop booy-jacking the thread with your personal vendettas

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2014, 03:44:41 PM »
Fancy story bro , but the reality is far from it. You don't own shit , you're a fucking cry baby who runs to the mods every chance you can get. You're a little bitch hiding under gimmicks to spew racist shit. You're a 50 year old dude photoshopping pics to impress people , posting pictures of your g/f's breasts , bragging about your material possessions. You're a male booty 

I am whatever you want me to be and have NO desire to try and change that. And OMG a ' stalker '  ::) when I'm posting pictures of your g/f without her face being hidden or pictures of your daughter than call me a stalker until then stop being melodramatic , I no more ' stalk ' you than YOU stalk Wiggs. Is that the worse you can say about me? I'm opinionated , I'm an asshole? I threw your own words back in your face?  ::) if that's the case I'm ahead of the game. I could be a racist dick who hides under gimmicks and cries to mods at every turn. Remember Ron had to tell YOU to fuck off NOT me  ;)

And stay on topic , stop booy-jacking the thread with your personal vendettas

Ha ha ha.

Blah blah blah ... the meltdown ensues...come up with some new material that actually matters

I'm a "bitch".....Do you know how comical that is coming  from a guy afraid to divulge anything of himself because hes afraid of the repurcussions ?

In YOUR own words.."why would I post a pic....nothing good can come from that."

We know.....LOLOL

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2014, 03:50:12 PM »
Shawn is nothing dorian waxed him.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2014, 03:54:59 PM »
Ha ha ha.

Blah blah blah ... the meltdown ensues...come up with some new material that actually matters

I'm a "bitch".....Do you know how comical that is coming  from a guy afraid to divulge anything of himself because hes afraid of the repurcussions ?

In YOUR own words.."why would I post a pic....nothing good can come from that."

We know.....LOLOL

As usual you have nothing when you're reminding how much of a little cry baby bitch you are.  ;) did I ever cry to the mods?  ;) did I ever make a farewell post?  ;) did I ever have multiple gimmicks?  ;) did I ever call another member a n-i-g-g-e-r?  ;) did I ever have threads deleted?  ;) did Ron ever have to tell me to fuck off with the racist bullshit?  ;) did I ever brag about wanting to punch a woman in the face?  ;)

I will NEVER post a pic on here , I don't care about impressing anyone if I did I would be photoshopping pics like you and your pilot fish Sev  :D I'm very conscientious of not being on the net , NO Facebook so no one stealing by g/f and children's pics and posting them on here  ;) NO meltdown farewell speech to be thrown in my face when I crawl back with my tail between my legs  ;) NO mug shot and subsequent report on how you had to submit a DNA sample as part of your plea deal  ;)

Next moth i'll be here 10 years to the day and no one really knows much about me , you should try but again you're like booty you need a constant ego stroke because of your severe insecurity issues.

Good job sticking to the topic and not turning this into a personal attack.  ;D

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2014, 03:56:34 PM »
O

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2014, 03:58:02 PM »

Close

Basile has one of the best physiques of any member of Getbig at any time. Not too big and not to lean....just right.

This pic is awesome.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2014, 03:58:06 PM »
back on topic

Unmatched to this day

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2014, 04:04:11 PM »
As usual you have nothing when you're reminding how much of a little cry baby bitch you are.  ;) did I ever cry to the mods?  ;) did I ever make a farewell post?  ;) did I ever have multiple gimmicks?  ;) did I ever call another member a n-i-g-g-e-r?  ;) did I ever have threads deleted?  ;) did Ron ever have to tell me to fuck off with the racist bullshit?  ;) did I ever brag about wanting to punch a woman in the face?  ;)

I will NEVER post a pic on here , I don't care about impressing anyone if I did I would be photoshopping pics like you and your pilot fish Sev  :D I'm very conscientious of not being on the net , NO Facebook so no one stealing by g/f and children's pics and posting them on here  ;) NO meltdown farewell speech to be thrown in my face when I crawl back with my tail between my legs  ;) NO mug shot and subsequent report on how you had to submit a DNA sample as part of your plea deal  ;)

Next moth i'll be here 10 years to the day and no one really knows much about me , you should try but again you're like booty you need a constant ego stroke because of your severe insecurity issues.

Good job sticking to the topic and not turning this into a personal attack.  ;D

That's two massive meltdowns in a row....I must have hit a nerve  :D

You realize you keep posting the same exact shit over and over and over...and nobody cares. .reacts..comments..and I hate to break it to you...I dont care either....LOLOL

BOOOOOOOM !!  Fucking MASSIVE !  Wooooooooo-hoooooooooooo !!!!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2014, 04:07:24 PM »
back on topic

Unmatched to this day

There are people on this board with better bodies than that.

Arms are pathetic.  Long torso, cankles. Big kness..blurry watery thighs.

And  hs abs SUCK

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2014, 04:08:26 PM »
Extremely overrated ,

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2014, 04:10:13 PM »
I'm more or less with the honorable Wild Willie:  Shawn had very, very good lines.

Mind y'all, ND isn't completely off-base, either.  Shawn had shortish legs, fairly blocky quads (think Boyer Coe, only with a shitload more muscle from hip to knee) and ... yeah, God bless the dude, but he WAS narrow, especially compared to guys like Yates and Haney.  

But to shift gears again, Shawn's compulsories were all extremely good, sometimes fucking awesome.  Ab/thigh?  Almost perfect.  Front and rear biceps?  Outstanding.  Side-chest?  One of the best ever IMNSHO.  His front and rear lat spreads weren't world-beaters but they were still good, and his side-tri and most-muscular were both extremely good.