Author Topic: Royal Rumble 2014 results. ..  (Read 2626 times)

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
Royal Rumble 2014 results. ..
« on: January 26, 2014, 07:53:24 PM »
.......was, in a word, disappointing. Some of the matches were surprisingly good but overall i think it was sub par, especially the predictable ending.

Positives: Roman Reigns, The Outlaws, Brock

Negatives: Just about everything else

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: Royal Rumble 2014.........
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 08:49:21 PM »
I've been watching the WWF/E since I was 8 years old, but I can't remember anything remotely like this Daniel Bryan situation. The fans want him on top so badly, but management just refuses to cooperate. This subtext storyline is far more interesting than anything creative is doing, and I have no idea how it will end.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 09:12:45 PM »
The old man hates it that the fans are all over Daniel Bryan being on top.
He is doing everything to squash it..
Fans were pissed he wasn't in the rumble  ;D
I hope the old man gets the hint..
The chant on the cena vs. Orton was classic  ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 02:03:37 AM »
I've been watching the WWF/E since I was 8 years old, but I can't remember anything remotely like this Daniel Bryan situation. The fans want him on top so badly, but management just refuses to cooperate. This subtext storyline is far more interesting than anything creative is doing, and I have no idea how it will end.

Maybe that's part of the reason they're holding him back. Maybe Vince will use this as a catalyst to inject some Attitude Era-type feel, or utilize it as a "worked shoot" to build heat and attract attention. The longer they wait, the more it seems fans get behind Bryan.

Imagine the reaction DB will get when he IS finally put in that spot! Purposely or not, this is a tremendous buildup for him!!

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 02:25:21 AM »

Maybe that's part of the reason they're holding him back. Maybe Vince will use this as a catalyst to inject some Attitude Era-type feel, or utilize it as a "worked shoot" to build heat and attract attention. The longer they wait, the more it seems fans get behind Bryan.

Imagine the reaction DB will get when he IS finally put in that spot! Purposely or not, this is a tremendous buildup for him!!

It's an interesting theory, but I'm not sure Management is happy about the crowd sh!tting all over the second biggest show of the year. RAW should be interesting.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Royal Rumble 2014 results. ..
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 05:06:43 AM »
Bray Wyatt defeated Danial Bryan clean after a sick Sister Abigale off the baracade.

Orton defeated Cena with an rko after Wyatt interference (thank Christ).

Lesner mauled the big show..enough said.

Batista won the rumble and no joke a riot almost broke out.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 05:09:26 AM »
DB wasnt even in the right rumble. ..fans bood Batista out of the building.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 06:10:08 AM »
The fans booed everything that wasnt Bryan.

Batista not only was blown up the entire time but didn't get the reaction WWE was hoping for. The wwe fans are not dumb. They no what McMahon is trying to do by keeping Bryan down. That's why the booed Batista and cheered Roman.

But the best part was the chants during Cenas match.
"THIS IS AWFUL"
"WE WANT DIVAS"
Were my to favs.
For work we took a human behavior course. When people stick they're toung out like Orton kept doing it means they're embarrassed.  Good. He should be.

I'm not sure what the point of the whole Lesner chair thing was but oh well.

It was cool what they did with JBL and kinda cool that Nash was in there, even though he's a piece of shit IMO.

Ok there's my rant. Sorry it was all over the place.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 06:29:03 AM »
Show badly damaged / broke his hand the night before at a live show against Kane so im thinking he needs time off to recuperate. Lesnar smashing him with the chairs gives him plenty of time off.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 06:35:21 AM »
Show badly damaged / broke his hand the night before at a live show against Kane so im thinking he needs time off to recuperate. Lesnar smashing him with the chairs gives him plenty of time off.

Makes sense.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 07:23:42 AM »
The fans booed everything that wasnt Bryan.

Batista not only was blown up the entire time but didn't get the reaction WWE was hoping for. The wwe fans are not dumb. They no what McMahon is trying to do by keeping Bryan down. That's why the booed Batista and cheered Roman.

But the best part was the chants during Cenas match.
"THIS IS AWFUL"
"WE WANT DIVAS"
Were my to favs.
For work we took a human behavior course. When people stick they're toung out like Orton kept doing it means they're embarrassed.  Good. He should be.
I'm not sure what the point of the whole Lesner chair thing was but oh well. Hope

It was cool what they did with JBL and kinda cool that Nash was in there, even though he's a piece of shit IMO.

Ok there's my rant. Sorry it was all over the place.

While I'm not a big Orton fan, some of the fan disinterest isn't his fault. On the RAW leading up to the show, he gets dressed down by Steph and HHH, and he does nothing about it. I've never seen a WWE champ made to look so weak.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 03:35:48 PM »
I heard about that too.

I like Orton as champ. Hes way better than Cena and a great heel but I believe that the fans were more pissed that DB wasn't even an entrant I  the rumble itself.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 04:52:53 PM »
I heard about that too.

I like Orton as champ. Hes way better than Cena and a great heel but I believe that the fans were more pissed that DB wasn't even an entrant I  the rumble itself.

I've tried to like Orton, but I just can't get into his character. I've never found him to be the least bit interesting.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2014, 05:51:58 PM »

I've tried to like Orton, but I just can't get into his character. I've never found him to be the least bit interesting.
You've just described exactly how I feel about 85% of the roster.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
Re: Royal Rumble 2014 results. ..
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2014, 06:02:21 PM »
Poor crowd reaction to Batista tonight, crowd are booing for the sake of booing.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2014, 06:04:25 PM »
Poor crowd reaction to Batista tonight, crowd are booing for the sake of booing.
Lol...ur watching too?

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2014, 07:31:51 PM »
The whole thing was a like a big HHH Reunion.  The Outlaws won the Tag Titles on the pre-show, Nash appears in the Rumble, and his mate Batista wins the thing.  They even had Flair and HBK up in that 'Analysis Box' thing, and his training partner Sheamus makes his comeback and takes 3rd place! 

It wouldn't surprise me if Xpac was working in one of the merch stands in the concourse...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 01:56:21 AM »
It wouldn't surprise me if Xpac was working in one of the merch stands in the concourse...

:D

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2014, 05:08:09 AM »
I watched the first 30 mins or so to see what would happen after the PPV, first time ive watched RAW in a long time. It sucked so badly i think i will not be making that mistake again any time soon.

BTW Waltman cancelled an Indie appearance and was said to be at the event, but did not get a spot.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2014, 03:03:44 PM »
I watched the first 30 mins or so to see what would happen after the PPV, first time ive watched RAW in a long time. It sucked so badly i think i will not be making that mistake again any time soon.

BTW Waltman cancelled an Indie appearance and was said to be at the event, but did not get a spot.
Apparently securit confenscated a sign that said " WWE creative sucks!". No this is not a joke.