Author Topic: Nadal vs WaWrinka - Australian Open final  (Read 8723 times)

galeniko

• Getbig V
Re: Nadal vs WaWrinka - Australian Open final
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2014, 04:00:08 AM »
Doctor? Where did I say I was a doctor? If peds would help anyone it would be him with his grinding style. And as for usta only overseeing limited tournaments, well money talks. Rafa failing a drug test would destroy revenue and interest in the sport. Him being one of the GOAT would make it a huge deal.
wheres the proof for the silent ban.

ah i see, its nowhere.

its a conspiracy theory originating in a pub ;D

usta is,loool, not haiving any power over nadal.

you think djokovic is complaining about the ridiculous atp testing for no reason?

btw another guy, after thomas muster who come back to be number 1 even though he never was number 1 before, with a huge comeback,was agassi.
that happens with the best,they can come back and take over again.

the one williams did the same, its not something out of this world.

n

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2014, 06:10:28 AM »
WAY TO GO STAN THE MAN! GLAD HE WON! FINALLY REALIZING HIS POTENTIAL BOTH PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY! among the top players wawrinka is the only one? who can physically push nadal around, for a tennis player wawrinka is pretty solid and built and strong,, djokovic can do this to nadal when he's playing his best, but not physically like wawrinka,,,djokovic is more like able to wear nadal down, whereas stan can when he's on beat anyone physically on the court...

i was flipping out when stan lost the 3rd set, a total mental breakdown,, the moron commentators suggesting that stan should do this and should do that, etcetera.. when you have a opponent down you go for the jugular! stan should have kept on playing like he had been! never let up, never put the foot off the gas until your shaking hands with your opponent at the net...the only game plan he should have started differently was drop shot nadal like crazy...

had to turn the volume down because can't stand the commentary (i.e. patrick mcenroe! who should get on his knees every morning and thank god his last name is mcenroe! otherwise he would be lucky to be a tennis instructor at some upstate new york snobby tennis club, very average pro, who because of his last name became a tennis commentator, davis cup captain?!, high level usta junior development exec, etcetera, etcetera,, darren cahill, same thing, very average player who was hired because his accent and he likes to sound so clinical and intelligent must mean he knows what he is talking about?!, the tennis world is a very very clique world as far as careers go...

anyway, i digress.. so happy NADAL DID NOT WIN! the biggest gamesmanship player of the modern era!...
WHY DO YOU THINK HALF THE CROWD BOOED HIM WHEN HE CAME BACK ONTO THE COURT! the aussie fans are very tennis knowledgeable and they have seen this action before from a top player who is losing to a lower ranked opponent, azareka last year comes to mind, and nadal has done this "injury timeout" before over the years when losing..
it's
bad enough "uncle tony" is forever getting called out for illegal coaching in the stands!....

bad enough that nadal more than ANYONE consistently goes over the time limit between serves and is rarely called on it...and what is up with that NASTY O.C.D. HABIT OF PICKING HIS ASS EVERY SINGLE SERVE EVERY MATCH EVERY TOURNAMENT FOR YEARS NOW! get some new underwear buddy! can't believe no one in his camp has ever told him "rafael that is NASTY! like picking your nose in public!" stop doing that or get some bigger underwear to wear!" imagine having to shake his hand after a match?and

isn't it interesting how nadal just had to change rackets when he was about to lose the 1st set to stan? obviously hoping to "cool stan down" before the set was lost..

isn't it interesting that his "back injury" didn't prevent him from lightly jogging almost skipping on to the court after the changeovers...

isn't it interesting that his injury timeout was off the courts and strangely as the match wore on he started serving harder and moving faster...must have been those pain killers taking effect.. even his buddy stan mentioned this "gamesmanship" to the umpire during the injury timeout because ALL THE PLAYERS ARE USED TO THIS FROM NADAL...

as anyone ever had a TRUE BACK INJURY AND TRIED TO PLAY TENNIS? MUCH LESS WORLD CLASS TENNIS! you would not be able to move AT ALL! nadal's serve was harmed and his movement but when the ball was right at him or in reach he still hit the ball as normal...

if anything this back "injury" was mostly likely just a continual spasm or stiffness, NOT a injury...

i had a slight back injury awhile ago and trust me even the idea of trying to skip or lightly jog at 1 mile per hour 20 feet was out of the question!..much less able to whack and swing a racket at a ball on a tennis court! a TRUE BACK INJURY AFFECTS A ATHLETE'S ENTIRE BODY!

i'll wait for the medical report on nadal to cement my comments...

WAWRINKA DESERVED TO WIN THE TOURNAMENT ANYWAY! HE BEAT DJOKOVIC (AFTER COMING SO CLOSE TWICE LAST YEAR AT THE AUSSIE OPEN AND THE U.S. OPEN), BERDYCH AND WHIPPING NADAL FOR A SET AND A HALF BEFORE THE "INJURY"...

I HOPE STAN CAN CONTINUE THIS PLAY FOR THE REST OF HIS CAREER! I DON'T THINK HIS PLAY FOR THIS TOURNAMENT WAS A FLUKE! HE COULD ALWAYS PLAY LIKE THIS, JUST NOT CONSISTENT ENOUGH..  

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2014, 06:18:23 AM »
Ah fuck I shouldn't have opened this thread. .taped delay just starting now in US.

Congrats Warwinka. ..ill keppp it on in background. .good to see Gal is tennis buff too. Great great sport.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2014, 06:31:58 AM »
nadal is good fends with fuentes doctor, so what everyone is cheating.

That's not true. Eufemiano Fuentes was stripped of his license by the Spanish authorities and is currently trying to hide from the world in parts unknown, dead broke.

no tennis player will ever take 7months off the best time of their carrer if they must not.

Andy Murray took off for four months after the best year of this tennis life. He has obviously rushed his comeback because he is losing to people he was wiping the floor with before he went on disability.

still warw is walking over the spanish fag

The "Spanish fag", fucking malaka, has a girlfriend, and she is fine like wine.

but you are not familiar with tennis one can tell

I am, and I say you're full of shit.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2014, 06:35:50 AM »
brutal english skills

And YOU, of all people, are the one saying that.

;D ;D

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2014, 06:42:17 AM »
Congrats to Wawrinka!

He played a smart match and won it. Zero grand slam jitters. ACED IT!

As far as Nadal goes... another injury. His uncle has been trying to convince him not to play such physical tennis, but I guess it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

What we saw today is that Rafa HAS TO learn to take it easy with his body: It is obviously telling him to cut it the fuck out. If he keeps going this way he will not be able to play the (three-week) grand slams. His body is obviously rebelling.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2014, 06:49:36 AM »
n

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2014, 06:50:07 AM »
Congrats to Wawrinka!

He played a smart match and won it. Zero grand slam jitters. ACED IT!

As far as Nadal goes... another injury. His uncle has been trying to convince him not to play such physical tennis, but I guess it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

What we saw today is that Rafa HAS TO learn to take it easy with his body: It is obviously telling him to cut it the fuck out. If he keeps going this way he will not be able to play the (three-week) grand slams. His body is obviously rebelling.
really?

You must have watched a different match  ;D

I saw an injured Nadal who could not play at all and a Wawrinka who almost choked to death. I would've beaten Nadal the way he played (poor guy could not do much of anything)

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2014, 06:52:01 AM »
why bring up your mother????

Sad to hear Turks didn't finish the job.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2014, 06:55:54 AM »
really?

You must have watched a different match  ;D

I saw an injured Nadal who could not play at all and a Wawrinka who almost choked to death. I would've beaten Nadal the way he played (poor guy could not do much of anything)

I know SW's win was more of a Nadal loss than his own doing but... the Swiss played an amazing tournament and beat some of the best out there. IMHO he deserved it.

To me, Rafa looked like he did not get ready for this match. He probably underestimated his opponent (because of his record against him) and he paid the price.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2014, 06:56:32 AM »
And YOU, of all people, are the one saying that.

;D ;D
;D

. I would've beaten Nadal the way he played (poor guy could not do much of anything)
;D

Sad to hear Turks didn't finish the job.
evolution of things, survival of fittest and all that
n

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2014, 06:57:33 AM »
I know SW's win was more of a Nadal loss than his own doing but... the Swiss played an amazing tournament and beat some of the best out there. IMHO he deserved it.

To me, Rafa looked like he did not get ready for this match. He probably underestimated his opponent (because of his record against him) and he paid the price.
yeah sure nadal underestimated the opponenet he played against plenty times before.

sure thing, happens to the calibre of nadal all the time
n

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2014, 06:59:31 AM »

Rafa not ready? You must have missed his 13 Grand slams by 26. Underestimating him? This just does not make sense. His back seized up and I believe it started before the match. Stan won allright but did not "beat" a normal Nadal. So we'll never know. Watch their next meeting.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2014, 07:02:47 AM »
I will agree that Nadal beats the shit out of himself.  Hes insane and fights through it most of the time...couldn't do it today.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2014, 07:16:02 AM »
I will agree that Nadal beats the shit out of himself.  Hes insane and fights through it most of the time...couldn't do it today.

Personally, I am surprised his body did not give out already. His style of playing, firing on all cylinders ALL the time ALWAYS in 7th gear is insane and obviously brutal on the body.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2014, 07:19:18 AM »
evolution of things, survival of fittest and all that

Survival of the fittest? Yes, of course, one ass at a time:

It's funny how Greeks, the ones that celebrated homosexuality and lesbianism to the point that they named an island after their dykes and made it a point to paint ass-drilling in every glass, cup and dish they could put their hands on, are always calling others "homos".

I rest my case.

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2014, 01:59:28 PM »
Stan Wawrinka, one slam wonder.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2014, 02:25:16 PM »
Australian tennis is screwed, without imports like Marinko Matosevich & Bernard Tomich  :-\
Several (mostly) empty courts in my neighbourhood without kids playing on them  ???