Author Topic: The legend of Jonah Lomu. Better than any NFL player  (Read 17411 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
Re: The legend of Jonah Lomu. Better than any NFL player
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2014, 02:23:59 PM »
If you don't have Olympia top 6-level mass and conditioning year-round then getbig will mock you unceasingly.

Such are things

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2014, 02:34:53 PM »
He probably would have looked like shit even without the Kidney Transplant.

Oh brother, I love how you men hold special places in your heart for sports idols.  You are part of the problem as to why he is delusional. 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2014, 02:37:13 PM »
No wes I didn't think you were....kinda shocked at his appearance as well.
Sorry bud,I thought you were referring to me.  :)

Big guy,but I think he had less muscle to begin with than he realized.

I had no clue he had kidney problems.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2014, 02:53:03 PM »
kidney problems aside, he must have been deluded to step on stage looking like this

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2014, 03:17:44 PM »
He probably would have looked like shit even without the Kidney Transplant.

Oh brother, I love how you men hold special places in your heart for sports idols.  You are part of the problem as to why he is delusional. 

Sports idols....he used to run through dudes...I kinda respect that. Plus I played the game and he was at the top of his...again I respect that. Besides your love of dogs, you're a kind of a tool...you define hipster douchbag without being an actual hipster.

There is a certain joy in taking a rubgy ball or football and friggen crushing another human into the ground legally. Its better then drugs and maybe sex as it doesn't happen near as often.
L

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2014, 03:20:25 PM »
kidney problems aside, he must have been deluded to step on stage looking like this
YIKES!!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2014, 03:24:23 PM »
Yeah..none of that helped. But in any event he used to be able to run through brickwalls. He's getting bad advice here....
L

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2014, 03:25:10 PM »
Jonah in his Prime years (Mid 1990s) was a Freak for the era...No doubt about it, @ that Time NO-ONE had his Speed combined with Explosive power, Strength, Height, agility etc etc, we had the Security Contract for the THEN super 12 Rugby competition, so i got too see him up close several times on the field, he was the freak of freaks back then you had anywhere from 2-4 guys @ the same time trying too drag him too the ground and he was STILL bucking like hell too go forward

what i recall about him most though was simply this...after each game (Back then) the fans would run onto the pitch...to get up close on personal shake hands with there Idols, autographs etc, we of course had too make sure they were kept safe from all the Ass-holes who would try something else, 1 game in Particular in Taranaki (N.Z) i recall the match had finished everyone (the players) started running off the field too hit the showers etc signing the odd autograph along the way, Jonah just stood there while he was Mobbed for autographs...i kid you not 1 hour later he was STILL standing there signing autographs in the middle of the field everyone of his team mates were dressed and calling out too him they had too go with the team bus idling in the car-park...He just waved them off and said he would catch them up later...and went on signing, we dropped him off later the afternoon @ there Hotel, while in the van i asked him why did he stay around for so long afterwards..

He just said in a serious tone...i recall when i was a Kid...looking up too my idols back in the day like John Kirwin and Tugilamala...i would hope and pray like hell they would sign my piece of paper after a match...and they did...i made myself a promise i would NEVER every want too leave a little kid hoping he could get a Hand shaken...a Autograph signed and just walk away i will never do that too a Little kid... thats want i recall most about the Man, in NZ Rugby circles he was the Man...and IMO he still is too this day.    

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2014, 03:26:03 PM »
Perhaps it was just something he wanted to do one time in his life? No expectancy, no delusions of grandeur, just something to say he did regardless of how he looked. Ive seen worse physiques on a pro stage.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2014, 03:29:59 PM »
And your point with posting crap pictures of a Old guy onstage is? he was a Rugby union player in his prime not a "Bodybuilder", the fact he got up onstage wasnt the smartest thing too do but hey he had a Go even though he looked like that.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2014, 03:30:36 PM »
Perhaps it was just something he wanted to do one time in his life? No expectancy, no delusions of grandeur, just something to say he did regardless of how he looked. Ive seen worse physiques on a pro stage.
Exactly

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2014, 03:34:13 PM »
When I started playing in the early 90's we would watch VHS tapes of either the Boks, All blacks or Wales..(welsh coach) everybody picked a team. Watching him crush people like Johnny1 mentioned was unreal. I got a huge All Blacks banner from the Kiwi's during my first tour in A-Stan...the symbol on one side and Jonah on the other. I had it framed.....
L

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2014, 03:46:15 PM »
rugby guys need to up the dose b4 coming to nfl

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2014, 04:00:14 PM »
Does all blacks mean "All Hebrews"?  ???

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2014, 04:29:09 PM »
i expected him to transition well into bodybuilding, i was surprised when i saw the pictures. But fair game to him for giving it a shot

And your point with posting crap pictures of a Old guy onstage is? he was a Rugby union player in his prime not a "Bodybuilder", the fact he got up onstage wasnt the smartest thing too do but hey he had a Go even though he looked like that.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2014, 04:41:19 PM »

No you haven't

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2014, 04:45:15 PM »
He is only 38?  ???

Looks in his 60s.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2014, 04:58:34 PM »
Better at what?

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2014, 05:01:56 PM »
I spent some time hanging with Jonah during the 99 world cup in Cardiff. Guy was incredible humble and generous with his fans. As a physical specimen on the rugby field he was immense.The most devastating runner with a ball in hand i have ever seen.His power in something else.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2014, 05:16:50 PM »
Earl Campbell would have steamrolled this clown. 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2014, 05:23:03 PM »
Earl Campbell would have steamrolled this clown. 

this x 1000000

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2014, 05:31:04 PM »

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2014, 05:45:00 PM »
With all Due respect as Great a Legend and Player the Great Earl Campbell was with all that Protective padding, Helmet, etc on, he wouldnt of "Steamroll" Jonah in a 1000 years, if we are talking about both in their Youth/Prime, if Memory serves right i think Earl was a click or 2 under 6ft and for his Time a Power-packed 108-110kg and could really run... 10.5-10.6... or with ever it was for the 100m, in Comparison Lomu was 6 ft 5-6ft 6...and 120-122kg with a best in the 100 of anywhere from 10.8-10.9sec.

You combine those 2 both in there primes running STRAIGHT @ one another with NO PROTECTIVE gear on (as Lomu did his whole career) you tell me whos going too stream roll who...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2014, 05:47:24 PM »
With all Due respect as Great a Legend and Player the Great Earl Campbell was with all that Protective padding, Helmet, etc on, he wouldnt of "Steamroll" Jonah in a 1000 years, if we are talking about both in their Youth/Prime, if Memory serves right i think Earl was a click or 2 under 6ft and for his Time a Power-packed 108-110kg and could really run... 10.5-10.6... or with ever it was for the 100m, in Comparison Lomu was 6 ft 5-6ft 6...and 120-122kg with a best in the 100 of anywhere from 10.8-10.9sec.

You combine those 2 both in there primes running STRAIGHT @ one another with NO PROTECTIVE gear on (as Lomu did his whole career) you tell me whos going too stream roll who...

Campbell. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2014, 05:51:25 PM »
Jim Thorpe would have beaten the piss out of "Jonah Lomu".