Author Topic: Man Charged 89,000 for Snakebite when the antivenom is 750 dollars. USA Sucks  (Read 13790 times)

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
Yeah....except nothing is free. I pay taxes just like you do. Part of my job benefits is the heathcare and pension, otherwise good luck satisfying that Constitutional requirement. Besides..I've earned every penny. When I retire I'll pay just like everybody else..smaller maybe but just the same. I think we''ve had the same friggen waste of time thread on the politics board a million times...oddly you started this here instead. I'm not willing to be taxed at 37%...the average in Europe according to a Forbes article. I'm not willing give a single cent to anybody who sits on their ass and doesn't work. I'm not willing to put any faith in a government that can't manage the medical system it has now. You buy into this shit...u actually though Obama knew what he was doing, any argument on any subject after that fact is ridiculous.

What do you think your tax rate is right now?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
The hospital added: "Our costs for providing uncompensated care are partially covered by higher bills for other patients

Translated: Illegal immigrants are sucking us dry.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
so the message here is that life's not fair, things cost too much, and eventually we all die from something...interesting. ..who would've guessed.

Twaddle

• Getbig V

^^^^ Truth!

Illegals = Higher health insurance costs, higher auto insurance costs, higher homeowners insurance costs, higher taxes, etc.

galeniko

• Getbig V
tell that to your local gop representative haha and see what they gonna say

n

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
so the message here is that life's not fair, things cost too much, and eventually we all die from something...interesting. ..who would've guessed.

Haha, yes, I could not have said it better myself.  There are a few things that go into the cost of that snake bite anti-venom.  R&D, administrative costs, overhead at the hospital, and all of the write offs from people who can't pay their bill.  It's a microcosm of our tax payer system.  There are some folks who work, and there are some that don't.  So rates for certain things go up (i.e. taxes) to pay the differences.  Do I think it is fair? Hell no, but some CEO of Anthem isn't going to give up his quarterly bonuses before some welfare shit bag gets a job.  It's a stalemate between two groups, and the shitty thing is, most of the population gets stuck with the bill.  Everyday life is filled with compromise, except when the government gets involved.

che

• Getbig V
Haha, yes, I could not have said it better myself.  There are a few things that go into the cost of that snake bite anti-venom.  R&D, administrative costs, overhead at the hospital, and all of the write offs from people who can't pay their bill.  It's a microcosm of our tax payer system.  There are some folks who work, and there are some that don't.  So rates for certain things go up (i.e. taxes) to pay the differences.  Do I think it is fair? Hell no, but some CEO of Anthem isn't going to give up his quarterly bonuses before some welfare shit bag gets a job.  It's a stalemate between two groups, and the shitty thing is, most of the population gets stuck with the bill.  Everyday life is filled with compromise, except when the government gets involved.

STFU  , that bill can't be justified.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
EXACTLY.  And this guy actually had Insurance.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion

Not really.... they pay into social services without being able to use them.  We're pimping them pretty good.

Also lol at people trying to rationalize that bill

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica

Eat a dick, you know how it can be justified? It gets paid.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

RRKore

• Getbig IV

...medicare and medicaid ... are heavily responsible for driving the costs up for everyone.

No.  Wrong.

Why Are American Health Care Costs So High?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

galeniko

• Getbig V
oh well atleast the "dath panels" arent brough up anymore

would be good to ask ayn rand about her opinion on the matter

:D :D
n

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
"Because the hospital has a contract with Ferguson's insurer, Blue Cross and Blue Shield, it reduced the total bill to $20,227. According to the Observer, the couple paid $5,400 out of pocket to cover their deductible and co-pay."

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Single payer for 360 million people...run by this government? That shit works to a degree in very small countries. We're not Norway. You fix out of control law suits...guys like that assbag Edwards (lib dem) and a few other things and our system would work for us. Obamacare has made things worse and it hasn't all hit yet.

Hint = anytime you speak about "libs" or "dems" or "Obamacare" it's a pretty foregone conclusion that you know nothing of what you are talking about.

HTH

RRKore

• Getbig IV
By far the biggest factor in why US healthcare is so expensive compared to that in other countries is that we don't negotiate as aggressively as other countries do with healthcare providers, drug manufacturers, and medical device makers.  Single payer would allow us to do that.

Anyway, here's a funny video that was on Reddit the other day:
In the US, the average cost of a hip replacement is $40,364- while the same operation in Spain costs an average of $7,371-.  In other words, you could literally fly to Spain, get your hip replaced, live in Madrid for 2 years, learn Spanish, run with the bulls, get trampled and injured by the bulls, get your hip replaced again and then fly home all for less than the cost of a single hip replacement in the USA.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
"Because the hospital has a contract with Ferguson's insurer, Blue Cross and Blue Shield, it reduced the total bill to $20,227. According to the Observer, the couple paid $5,400 out of pocket to cover their deductible and co-pay."
And then they have to pay the rest.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
Not really.... they pay into social services without being able to use them.  We're pimping them pretty good.

Also lol at people trying to rationalize that bill

get the fuck out of here with that shit

illegals cost billions a year

http://antonovich.com/children-of-illegal-aliens-in-los-angeles-county-cost-more-than-54-million-per-month/

maybe the LA county supervisor knows something about this?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Schnauzer, are you really trying to say they got a good deal because it only cost 20,000 dollars for some 750 dollar Anti-Venom?  ???

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
Schnauzer, are you really trying to say they got a good deal because it only cost 20,000 dollars for some 750 dollar Anti-Venom?  ???

Nope, just posting the outcome of the story. The guy had to pay $5,400 instead of $89,000.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Nope, just posting the outcome of the story. The guy had to pay $5,400 instead of $89,000.
Wrong.  That was just his co pay and his deductible.  They are not covering the remaining 15,000.  Just the rest to 80 grand.  So 20 grand is what they will pay when its all said and done.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
Nope, Blue Cross and Blue Shield pays the rest. The man and his wife have to pay a total of $5,400.

http://news.yahoo.com/snake-bite-89000-162515519.html

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Lake Norman Regional, a private for-profit hospital, is under scrutiny by others for questionable practices. In a 2010 lawsuit, recently unsealed in Mecklenburg County, two emergency room doctors alleged that Lake Norman and Davis Regional Medical Center in Statesville committed fraud by offering kickbacks to doctors who would order unnecessary tests and admit more patients to increase corporate revenues. The federal Department of Justice is also investigating

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/01/27/4643457/mooresville-patient-stunned-by.html#storylink=cpy

Quality care.