Author Topic: SUMMERSLAM 2014: It's SHOWTIME and PICKS time  (Read 6347 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
SUMMERSLAM 2014: It's SHOWTIME and PICKS time
« on: August 17, 2014, 05:17:08 PM »
Pre-show: Cesaro vs. Van Dam - Cesaro wins.

First Match. IC title - Miz (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler: Miz keeps the belt

Jack Swagger vs. Alexander Rusev - Flag Match - This time, the Russian goes down...WE THE PEOPLE!!

Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton: Reigns suffers a setback; Orton wins

Bray Wyatt vs. Chris Jericho: Something weird happens (perhaps a new family member appears); Wyatt gets the nod.

Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins - Lumberjack Match: Rollins will get this one.

AJ (c) vs. Paige - Divas title: I'll pretend I care.....AJ retains

Stephanie McMahon vs. Brie Bella (SMH vs. Triple B) - This has more heat than the Divas title match. UPSET SPECIAL!!! Daniel Bryan makes a surprise appearance; Brie wins!!

John Cena (c) vs. Brock Lesnar (WWE World title) - Somehow, I don't see Lesnar beating Cena and Taker, back to back. Cena retains.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: SUMMERSLAM 2014: It's SHOWTIME and PICKS time
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 05:24:00 PM »
What is it with my luck as of late? Dolph Ziggler is the new IC champ. He hit the Famous-er on Miz, who countered with the Skull Crushing Finale; Ziggler kicked out; Miz was in shock, went for a boot, missed, and got drilled by the Zig Zag...1-2-3!!!

Next up (thankfully, to get it out of the way), the Divas title match.

Edit - GREAT!! Two titles have changed hands; Paige regains the Divas belt.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 05:35:27 PM »
FLAG MATCH TIME!!

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 05:37:52 PM »
Jack Swagger vs. Alexander Rusev - Flag Match - Swagger for the win, nice bit of patriotism for the summer show.

Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton: Reigns grabs a win, survives interference from someone.

Bray Wyatt vs. Chris Jericho: I'm gonna go Jericho to keep the feud going for a little longer.

Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins - Lumberjack Match: No idea, we'll probably get Kane appearing to give the win to Rollins.

Stephanie McMahon vs. Brie Bella (SMH vs. Triple B) - Brie gets the win, I'll agree on the Bryan appearance.

John Cena (c) vs. Brock Lesnar (WWE World title) - After the joke result with Taker, who knows?!  I assume Cena will retain, as Brock is probably due some time off after all his recent appearances...  :P

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 05:56:54 PM »
This is starting to suck. Rusev (Russian flag and all) wins. Lumberjack match is up next.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 06:13:46 PM »
Great match!! As you predicted, Leon, Kane got involved. Rollins bonked Ambrose upside the head with the case and gets the win.

Wyatt and Jericho are up next.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 06:34:27 PM »
Wyatt wins.

Steph and Brie are up.

Edit - WOW!!! Nikki turns on Brie and Steph wins!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 07:01:11 PM »
Now, we're talking!! Orton and Reigns time!!

Boy, picks are still sucking. Reigns win it, which leaves.......THE BEAST AND THE CHAMP!!!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 07:54:59 PM »
GOOD GRIEF!!! Lesnar beat the dickens out of Cena. This was a carbon-copy of Extreme Rules 2012, only Cena didn't have a chain to save his hide....LESNAR is the new champion!!

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 08:01:07 PM »
Glad Brock won...
Tired of watching cena make a comeback with his arsenal of 5 moves

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 08:04:17 PM »
Glad Brock won...
Tired of watching cena make a comeback with his arsenal of 5 moves

I don't have a problem with Brock winning. But, making it this one-sided was lame. Even his match with the Rock 12 years ago was more competitive than this. Plus, Cena has 7 moves: you forgot the flying legdrop and the Frankensteiner.

One slight correction: RVD beat Cesaro on the pre-show.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2014, 11:17:36 PM »
I don't have a problem with Brock winning. But, making it this one-sided was lame. Even his match with the Rock 12 years ago was more competitive than this. Plus, Cena has 7 moves: you forgot the flying legdrop and the Frankensteiner.

So does that mean that the WWE is giving the FU to the loyal fans?

It seems that many people do not care for an extreme part-timer like Brock to be a titleholder.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2014, 05:01:19 AM »
So does that mean that the WWE is giving the FU to the loyal fans?

It seems that many people do not care for an extreme part-timer like Brock to be a titleholder.

Indeed. There wasn't a lot of cheering when Lesnar won, outside of the usual brief pop after the 1-2-3.

There were more shocked faces, not to the degree of the fans after Taker lost at WrestleMania, but still.....

They let Triple H give Lesnar a good run two years ago. Same goes for Punk last year. But, Cena gets completely mauled? PLEASE!!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2014, 10:53:14 AM »
Here is my take and opinion(s) :

RVD / Cesaro - Really?  RVD wins?  what?  Cesaro was just getting a decent push not long ago and popping crowds with his giant swing and (legit) feats of strength.  What happened?  Did he do something to piss off the office?  He had a great future and gimmick as a Heyman guy.  What happened to that?  This was one fast downward spiral.

Miz / Zig - anyone notice that this match was between two former world champs, now fighting over a second rate title, that - as history shows - the champ usually jobs everyone else over in "non title matches" after he wins it.  Zig has tons of potential.  Fantastic skills and selling points.  Another Cesaro that makes you wonder what happened to have the rug pulled out from under him on his push?  Yeah, he was legit hurt with a concussion, but surely he could have gotten a higher spot since returning other than mid card jobber.

Swagger / Rusev - ok, I get the point. If you have a monster heel, you need someone with a bit more pop to them than swagger when it comes time for a career defining loss.

Roman / Randy - good call.  What is the point of Randy winning after he was built up as a weak pick of The Authority and needed constant protection and help to hold the belt as long as he did.  He needed to lose here.

Wyatt / Jericho - good match.  The ending was nice too.  Clean win for Wyatt and with Jericho coming and going from the WWE scene so much lately, a win would have been wasted on him.

Dean / Seth - I hate lumberjack matches.  Ambrose is leaving soon to film the movie, they need a cliff hanger to write him off.  Should have made it a steel cage match with Dean getting the win and Kane assaulting him with the cage door post match so he could take time off to film.

Cena / Brock.  - Best call of the night.  Having Brock completely dominant him like that is "best for business".  This hot potatoe game with the title belt has to stop if you want the World champ to be taken seriously.  You need a long title reign in order to make a title change exciting and news worthy again.  Remember when Flair would lose his?  Man, that was major news.  Now people win and lose them in the same week. Sometimes the same night.  Putting the title on someone like Brock is credible.  And of course, that means that the champ doesn't have to appear at every single tv taping.  Instead reserving their appearances for truly special events like PPVs and such.  Now everyone is going to be asking can the next opponent even hope of winning against Brock?  This is what made Eddie's win over him so special.  You really didn't think eddie stood a chance of surviving the match, let alone winning it.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2014, 11:43:51 AM »

Lol at 7 moves...

The other 2 moves are only done at wrestlemania  ;)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2014, 06:37:42 PM »
Here is my take and opinion(s) :

RVD / Cesaro - Really?  RVD wins?  what?  Cesaro was just getting a decent push not long ago and popping crowds with his giant swing and (legit) feats of strength.  What happened?  Did he do something to piss off the office?  He had a great future and gimmick as a Heyman guy.  What happened to that?  This was one fast downward spiral.

Miz / Zig - anyone notice that this match was between two former world champs, now fighting over a second rate title, that - as history shows - the champ usually jobs everyone else over in "non title matches" after he wins it.  Zig has tons of potential.  Fantastic skills and selling points.  Another Cesaro that makes you wonder what happened to have the rug pulled out from under him on his push?  Yeah, he was legit hurt with a concussion, but surely he could have gotten a higher spot since returning other than mid card jobber.

Swagger / Rusev - ok, I get the point. If you have a monster heel, you need someone with a bit more pop to them than swagger when it comes time for a career defining loss.

Roman / Randy - good call.  What is the point of Randy winning after he was built up as a weak pick of The Authority and needed constant protection and help to hold the belt as long as he did.  He needed to lose here.

Wyatt / Jericho - good match.  The ending was nice too.  Clean win for Wyatt and with Jericho coming and going from the WWE scene so much lately, a win would have been wasted on him.

Dean / Seth - I hate lumberjack matches.  Ambrose is leaving soon to film the movie, they need a cliff hanger to write him off.  Should have made it a steel cage match with Dean getting the win and Kane assaulting him with the cage door post match so he could take time off to film.

Cena / Brock.  - Best call of the night.  Having Brock completely dominant him like that is "best for business".  This hot potatoe game with the title belt has to stop if you want the World champ to be taken seriously.  You need a long title reign in order to make a title change exciting and news worthy again.  Remember when Flair would lose his?  Man, that was major news.  Now people win and lose them in the same week. Sometimes the same night.  Putting the title on someone like Brock is credible.  And of course, that means that the champ doesn't have to appear at every single tv taping.  Instead reserving their appearances for truly special events like PPVs and such.  Now everyone is going to be asking can the next opponent even hope of winning against Brock?  This is what made Eddie's win over him so special.  You really didn't think eddie stood a chance of surviving the match, let alone winning it.

Cesaro has been jobbing to Kofi Kingston and Jack Swagger for over a month on Raw. Heck, Cesaro is fighting Swagger right now and will probably get beat tonight. The Andre-The-Giant Battle Royal win has done little for him.

As for Lesnar's win, it was lame. This was billed as a big fight. I expected Cena take some lumps as he did in 2012. But that was ridiculous. Regarding lengthy title reigns. CM Punk had the title for 14 months. He was an afterthought, unless he was fighting Cena.

Again, Lesnar's winning is one thing. This one-sided mess is something else. If Triple H and CM Punk can have a good match with Lesnar, even in defeat, then Cena should be one. He already got mauled at Extreme Rules 2012 (and he won that one).

Well well, Cesaro actually beat Swagger tonight.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2014, 06:52:39 AM »
They are trying to make Lesnar a true Monster so the next person that beats Lesnar (prob Reigns) will be catapaulted to the stars.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2014, 08:14:25 AM »
They are trying to make Lesnar a true Monster so the next person that beats Lesnar (prob Reigns) will be catapaulted to the stars.

He's been a true monster. He was a true monster, even after Cena beat him in 2012.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2014, 08:20:27 AM »
Now let me say, I am not a Swagger fan and can respect the fact he lost BUT the program is over already?? Seems Mark Henry is stepping up to the plate. I can see rusev being champ in 2 yrs time....

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2014, 02:20:51 PM »
As a fan of pro sports, I enjoy predictions.

Not for wrestling though. It's just fake.

You can't say: "so and so has been a beast since 2012". It was in the script bro.

There is no "beasting in the ring".

The execs could have made Cena "Destroy" Lesnar if they wanted too.

Just watch and enjoy.