Author Topic: Breakout star of 2014  (Read 5903 times)

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
Re: Breakout star of 2014
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2014, 08:38:36 AM »
Bray Wyatt has a sinister look that is very believable and over with the audience

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2014, 02:00:08 PM »
Bray Wyatt has a sinister look that is very believable and over with the audience

YES! I have been a big fan of Bray Wyatt's recent stuff, he definitely has what it takes in terms of mic skills and connecting with the audience. I just wonder if his gimmick is too specific for him to become a consistent main eventer. It would help him immensely to go over clean against Cena at WM (it wouldn't hurt Cena either, especially if it sets up a return gimmick match at the next PPV).

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2014, 05:37:06 PM »
YES! I have been a big fan of Bray Wyatt's recent stuff, he definitely has what it takes in terms of mic skills and connecting with the audience. I just wonder if his gimmick is too specific for him to become a consistent main eventer. It would help him immensely to go over clean against Cena at WM (it wouldn't hurt Cena either, especially if it sets up a return gimmick match at the next PPV).
I think Bray Wyatt's gimmick will keep him going for quite a good run. Great faction..the wyatts.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2014, 10:32:04 AM »
So, over a half year in and let's see where we are:

Cesaro - Completely fell off a cliff. Doesn't even have match at Summerslam.

Wyatt - Feuding with Jericho, but, IMO, the character is getting a bit stale. Recently got a "what" heckle from fans during a promo.

Rollins - Feuding with Ambrose, aligned with HHH, but hasn't really taken off since the Shield breakup.

Reigns - Still on course to be the man, but still hasn't shown mic skills good enough to shut up detractors. My guess is that Vince is having second thoughts.

Ambrose - IMO, the most over of the group. The fans have really bought into what he's doing both in the ring and on the mic.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2014, 03:45:43 AM »
So, over a half year in and let's see where we are:

Cesaro - Completely fell off a cliff. Doesn't even have match at Summerslam.

Wyatt - Feuding with Jericho, but, IMO, the character is getting a bit stale. Recently got a "what" heckle from fans during a promo.

Rollins - Feuding with Ambrose, aligned with HHH, but hasn't really taken off since the Shield breakup.

Reigns - Still on course to be the man, but still hasn't shown mic skills good enough to shut up detractors. My guess is that Vince is having second thoughts.

Ambrose - IMO, the most over of the group. The fans have really bought into what he's doing both in the ring and on the mic.

Right now they have the most stocked roster they have had in a while, stars in the making but are dropping the ball left and right.

One minute Caesaro is a heel and overnight he is a face HUH?

Ambrose has that Brian Pillman, loose cannon gimmick.

Wyatt - Heel or Face?

Big E, Woods and ??? - Faction one day and gone tomorrow??

NXT also has Devitt, Japanese guy, Sami Zayn and the champ (whose name I forget)....they will drop the ball on them as well.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2014, 08:31:48 AM »
Right now they have the most stocked roster they have had in a while, stars in the making but are dropping the ball left and right.

One minute Caesaro is a heel and overnight he is a face HUH?

Ambrose has that Brian Pillman, loose cannon gimmick.

Wyatt - Heel or Face?

Big E, Woods and ??? - Faction one day and gone tomorrow??

NXT also has Devitt, Japanese guy, Sami Zayn and the champ (whose name I forget)....they will drop the ball on them as well.

When did Cesaro turn face again? The last time I saw him on RAW, he was a heel and he lost to Jack Swagger. Earlier this year, he owned Swagger; now, he's tapping out left and right.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2014, 04:24:53 AM »
TBH - not sure there is a breakout star

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2014, 06:00:40 AM »
TBH - not sure there is a breakout star

^^^^^

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2014, 08:22:36 AM »
Actually may be Rusev

Lets see if Ziggler's stock is on the rise again.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2014, 08:56:45 AM »
I'm noticing a pattern here. A number of the former WWE/World Heavyweight champions that are being buried are the ones that became champ via MITB cash-ins.

I realize Ziggler technically got his first World title via that gayness of winning via DQ with Vickie Guererro as the ref. But, still.....