Author Topic: Bump for gmflex (fritz story)  (Read 16137 times)

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
Re: Funny Story from my childhood (wrestling fans)
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2014, 12:03:18 PM »
Bump for gmflex

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Bump for gmflex (fritz story)
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2014, 02:33:31 PM »
Karl,  you hear anything about chris benoit and his family actually being murdered by his wife's ex husband?  he was a wrestler I think his name was kevin something.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2014, 03:09:47 PM »
Karl,  you hear anything about chris benoit and his family actually being murdered by his wife's ex husband?  he was a wrestler I think his name was kevin something.

Kevin Sullivan: Nancy Benoit's ex-husband.

And, no.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2014, 03:26:29 PM »

No Kevin S. Did not murder Benoit. 

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2014, 03:32:46 PM »
No Kevin S. Did not murder Benoit. 

The real story about those three is probably what fueled the rumors. I don't remember all the details, but apparently, while Nancy & Kevin were married, Kevin was booker in WCW, and suggested that Nancy & Chris begin spending time together in public to kayfabe fans into thinking they were an item as part of a storied feud between the two men.

Well, Nancy & Benoit did such a good job on the road that they eventually engaged in a real affair, which lead to Nancy leaving Sullivan for Benoit, and real life heat between Chris and Kevin.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2014, 04:39:14 PM »
good.  I'm glad to hear it was just a rumor.    it's sad what happened to the brain of Chris, but would have been a horrible injustice if the truth was overlooked.   

I trained with Chris in the late 80's.  Stampede wrestling was a breeding ground for wwf, so I met a lot of them; living in Calgary.  so many are dead, pretty damn sad.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2014, 04:56:20 PM »
Thanks Karl..
I appreciate the story's..

Did you ever consider being a wrestler like your dad?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2014, 05:16:28 PM »
good.  I'm glad to hear it was just a rumor.    it's sad what happened to the brain of Chris, but would have been a horrible injustice if the truth was overlooked.   

I trained with Chris in the late 80's.  Stampede wrestling was a breeding ground for wwf, so I met a lot of them; living in Calgary.  so many are dead, pretty damn sad.

Calgary has a very rich history of professional wrestling. Did you ever train with the British Bulldogs?

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2014, 05:39:08 PM »
Thanks Karl..
I appreciate the story's..

Did you ever consider being a wrestler like your dad?

Yes I did. We had A nice ring in our backyard at one point and I would train back there with my brother. The plan was that maybe I would go down to Mexico when I graduated and wrestle under hood.  (Because I wasn't the muscular beast back then that I am now.) So I might fit in better there. But when I graduated I thought I was in love with this crazy chick and didn't go.

In two thousand and eight I had the opportunity to go to Japan on my dad's name alone. The Indy promotion that my brother was working for was sending guys over. But again I did not go.

One because I was just getting started in my current job and I cannot imagine doing anything else I love it. Two because I thought I was in love again turns out I was right. (We just got hitched in sept BTW)
Three because I did not want to be away from my dad. He was getting old and I didn't want to be away from him.
I am very happy with the way things turned out I love my job
My brother works the Indies regularly mostly as a manager and as a commentator. I enjoy watching him take bumps and throwing his super kick that he practiced on my dad and I my whole childhood.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2014, 06:16:05 PM »
Yes I did. We had A nice ring in our backyard at one point and I would train back there with my brother. The plan was that maybe I would go down to Mexico when I graduated and wrestle under hood.  (Because I wasn't the muscular beast back then that I am now.) So I might fit in better there. But when I graduated I thought I was in love with this crazy chick and didn't go.

In two thousand and eight I had the opportunity to go to Japan on my dad's name alone. The Indy promotion that my brother was working for was sending guys over. But again I did not go.

One because I was just getting started in my current job and I cannot imagine doing anything else I love it. Two because I thought I was in love again turns out I was right. (We just got hitched in sept BTW)
Three because I did not want to be away from my dad. He was getting old and I didn't want to be away from him.
I am very happy with the way things turned out I love my job
My brother works the Indies regularly mostly as a manager and as a commentator. I enjoy watching him take bumps and throwing his super kick that he practiced on my dad and I my whole childhood.

Damn...leave it to a woman to mangle a mans dreams.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2014, 07:13:30 PM »
Damn...leave it to a woman to mangle a mans dreams.

Haha it's ok I'm a very lucky guy to have gotten to experience what I have with my dad.

I'm also very lucky and happy with my career now. I've gotten to do things in my idustry that people who've been in it for 20 years haven't gotten to do and I'm only 30.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2014, 04:17:00 PM »
He was sitting in the Lobby of a Hotel in Japan playing cards with Tiger Conway Jr. and Rocky Johnson. When my dad and Dick Slater walked by Abby told them "you gotta watch Kox he doesn't like us blacks." 

Well, considering your Dad's initials...

:D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2014, 05:23:19 PM »
Haha it's ok I'm a very lucky guy to have gotten to experience what I have with my dad.

I'm also very lucky and happy with my career now. I've gotten to do things in my idustry that people who've been in it for 20 years haven't gotten to do and I'm only 30.

Hey Karl, u know more on the story of Harley Race pulling a gun on Hogan back in the mid eighties?

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2014, 08:04:46 PM »

Well, considering your Dad's initials...

:D

All the boys knew it was just a gimmick. Abby and my dad just didn't like each other. Because of one incident between the two my dad ended being sent home from Australia.

Later my old man would be told by his wife at the time that if he wanted to save their marriage she didn't want him going back to Australia, so he didn't. That was with a gun on him in the car at the airport. Crazy shit. Wrestlers were hard on their family's.   But at one point he was there for 9 months.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2014, 08:43:47 PM »
Hey Karl, u know more on the story of Harley Race pulling a gun on Hogan back in the mid eighties?

Not really. I heard someone talking about it on a podcast not to long ago. Can't remember who though. That was the first time I had heard it I think.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2014, 06:54:16 PM »
Not really. I heard someone talking about it on a podcast not to long ago. Can't remember who though. That was the first time I had heard it I think.
Something along the lines of WWE doing a show in Race's territory in Missouri and Hogan getting lippy causing Race to pull out a 45?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2014, 06:58:27 PM »
Something along the lines of WWE doing a show in Race's territory in Missouri and Hogan getting lippy causing Race to pull out a 45?

I've heard a couple of different versions of that story. One of them did not involve Harley actually having a gun, but rather he was rumored to show up with one.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2014, 07:03:05 PM »

I've heard a couple of different versions of that story. One of them did not involve Harley actually having a gun, but rather he was rumored to show up with one.
Harley Race was always one of the toughest..craziest guys around. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.