Author Topic: Where does work ethic come from?  (Read 4333 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: Where does work ethic come from?
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2014, 07:52:42 PM »

Have you read this book?  Can you give your opinions if you have?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2014, 07:54:12 PM »
Were you aware that his father used to be a Compton Gang Member and was shot twice? 

Yes, starts with the parents all right.  ::)
adonis you wasted your time finding this out

i want you to post some serious usefull shit, i know u have the will somewhere
A

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2014, 10:19:26 PM »
From within.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2014, 10:23:21 PM »
From within.

As long as it's instilled in you.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2014, 10:24:01 PM »
Adonis speaking about work lol .. a true trust fund baby .. very twisted view on reality these "privileged" cocky losers have ...

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2014, 10:26:04 PM »
It comes from the correct upbringing.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2014, 10:41:22 PM »
His dad is a proud Union member.  Perhaps that helps his work ethic since he is pretty much guaranteed a job just as long as he shows up.  (I don`t support all Unions by the way and I find them unfair in this day and age)

But anyways, you again make yourself look a bit foolish here.

Sounds like someone failed their journeyman exam :D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2014, 10:42:38 PM »
As long as it's instilled in you.

A good upbringing puts someone on firmer ground than a bad one but I believe people are ultimately responsible for their own actions.  When I work hard I don't credit my parents, and when I'm being lazy I don't blame them.

I don't think my view is completely accurate in all cases but I prefer it to explaining or excusing people's current behavior on the basis of their past experiences.  Everyone can think things through and project consequences.  I don't accept that we're just automotons irreversibly programmed by experience.

But yeah, kids with shitty parents have a steeper climb ahead of them.

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2014, 12:12:47 AM »
Work as little as possible for the maximum amount of cash, unless you do a job that you love, In which case, it won't feel like a job.

Simple Simon

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2014, 01:57:36 AM »
And when this poor guy drops dead on the job his employer will just wheel in the next guy to replace him.
Thats why people who employ people are called "Human Resources"

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2014, 02:53:37 AM »
26 years driving the shit truck. Doesn't seem like work ethic it seems like a waste of life. If he had REAL work ethic or ambition he'd be running the company by now.

I don't respect any idiot that's so comfortable in their dumpy little job that they're all too happy bumping their heads (proverbially) against the same wall a whole lifetime.

But if it works for him, hey, what do I care about a guy I'll never meet.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2014, 02:54:52 AM »
And when this poor guy drops dead on the job his employer will just wheel in the next guy to replace him.
Thats why people who employ people are called "Human Resources"

The most worthless and dispensable department in any company. 'Human Resources' Don't make me fucking laugh. They're usually the first to get fired when layoffs comes around.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2014, 02:57:22 AM »
It comes from the correct upbringing.

No it doesn't. Why do everyone use the mother/father/environment/upbringing bullshit?  ???

Are you not responsible for your own actions?  :-\

IF you're a strong person you'll rise above your circumstances and if you're a weak pussy you'll get sucked up.

The choice is yours.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2014, 03:07:01 AM »
No it doesn't. Why do everyone use the mother/father/environment/upbringing bullshit?  ???

Are you not responsible for your own actions?  :-\

IF you're a strong person you'll rise above your circumstances and if you're a weak pussy you'll get sucked up.

The choice is yours.

I believe it's a combination of both plus your DNA.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2014, 07:36:11 AM »
Maybe he just can't stand his wife so he said fuck this family shit I'm working on Christmas Day.  

Nothing gets a man out of the house faster.  I know.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2014, 08:51:43 AM »
In America, work ethic is what the rich instil in the poor so that the poor work hard to line the pockets of the rich 1%. In doing this the taxes can be kept low as it is shameful to need public support.

Member of the 1% ? Need a bit of extra revenue?  Crank up the military operations and get some wonderful young people to show their work ethic and patriotism by going off to attack some innocent country. Make sure the boys get a good ovation at SeaWorld before the Shamu show for maximum patronisation and to keep a steady flow of fodder from the poorer classes to line the pockets of those who own the military supply companies.   Injured in the wars? Then fuck off and die you parasite, you lack work ethic sitting there with your one leg and your crippled hand held out for quarters.

Pretty clever guys were our Scottish and English forefathers of 1776.  Mind manipulation at it's finest.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2014, 09:26:40 AM »
Reading through this thread makes me really sad for the appropriately named Generation Nothing. Putting down a 26 year garbage man that probably makes more than most on this thread. Saying parents have no influence on you your ethics whether work or other wise. Just scum liberal computer raised values. Welcome to the new generation. What could go wrong?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2014, 10:18:08 AM »
Sanitation work is an honest living, but I can also see how some might find no other occupation more "wastefull" than driving a garbage truck. It's also hard to overlook the depressing nature of the work itself; it literally keeps you down in the dumps. (rimshot)
Its not honest in New York.  :D  Its mob controlled still.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2014, 10:28:09 AM »
Here is what I think of all of it.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2014, 10:36:49 AM »

TA, I am assuming that Coach knows certain government jobs are necessary, such as social workers, etc.

I don't see social workers as necessary government jobs.  Necessary government jobs are in the legal process where the Constitution protects the citizens right to redress and protect private property through the court system.  A limited army for national defense (not 800 military bases around the world) is also appropriate.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2014, 10:49:04 AM »
What we see as progression isn't for everyone...The stress from fear an the unknown is enough to kill some people.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2014, 11:26:41 AM »
Being a trashman is difficult?  ???  I bet he probably drives the truck and does not even have to get out.

Actually, Mr. Sherman is an "African Homeback."

He stands and signals the driver, "Homeback!  Homeback!" 
~

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2014, 07:41:42 PM »
The Carmine Lupertazzi Institute of Oratational Pizzazz!!!

MikMaq

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2014, 07:54:00 PM »
It's ironic cons tote hard work, when unions were invented because the people that worked hardest were typically left crippled by the age of 40.

Conservatives have little to do with hard work. There whole ideology is based around the concept that people should be free to collect wealth, and any regulator trying to impinge on people from collecting wealth are considered dangers to the economy. It's a really fucked view point if you can think about it logically for half a second.

If you require an political scenario to work hard your likely a lazy guy that works hard only when there is a short term pay off. Which is usually the norm among cons. The virtue of hard work has little to do with a monetary pay off, and usually far more to do with having a thing called character.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2014, 07:59:03 PM »
Being a trashman is difficult?  ???  I bet he probably drives the truck and does not even have to get out.

What often makes a job difficult is not that it is mentally or physically demanding but that it is unfulfilling. Someone has to take out the trash and it is a vitally important job and honorable work but I don't think any child growing up aspires to be a trash man.