Author Topic: So after eating 90% clean for the last 4 months, I ate a McDs Double QP...  (Read 35887 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: So after eating 90% clean for the last 4 months, I ate a McDs Double QP...
« Reply #100 on: February 03, 2014, 12:50:32 PM »
For most people bashing McDonalds is some kind of political statement. If it wasn't you just wouldn't eat it and move on. The McDonalds haters would rather patronize their local place that's barely staying in business and cutting every corner when it comes to what it puts in its food just to make a profit.

McDonalds is popular for one main reason.  They're cheap and fast.  They used to have legendary fries until they changed their formula.  Recent expansion of places like Smash  Burger, In and out, 5 guys is proving that people are willing to pay a dollar more for something better.  look at McDonalds slogan "I'M LOVIN' IT".  It is marketed towards the unintelligent.  Their commercials focus on children, blacks and ethnics.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #101 on: February 03, 2014, 12:51:14 PM »
It wasn't until a month ago that mcdonalds stopped using heinz at all of it's locations.  They still had it in Pen. where Heinz is headquartered.  What's your take on not putting ketchup on burgers?  I have to have it but I was watching this thing about best burgers and one of the originals in New Haven called Louis Lunch fodbids ketchup and only allows mustard.  Fuck that.  I need my heinz.
I am loyal to Heinz and Heinz only.  I have tried every Ketchup I can find and there is no better ketchup.  I LOVE it on burgers and will ALWAYS put it on.  Louis Lunch does have its place in history, but truth be told, its not that special.  Not only is it a meme that they have followed for years regarding no ketchup, its part psychological.  Restaurants and places are built on reputation and ambiance etc.. Its a good gimmick to say, our burgers are the original and do not need any ketchup and sure, people will believe it and may like it because they are told to do so.

I say put whatever you like on the burger.  I put extra salt and ketchup on all my burgers, regardless of where they come from.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2014, 12:53:06 PM »
I am loyal to Heinz and Heinz only.  I have tried every Ketchup I can find and there is no better ketchup.  I LOVE it on burgers and will ALWAYS put it on.  Louis Lunch does have its place in history, but truth be told, its not that special.  Not only is it a meme that they have followed for years regarding no ketchup, its part psychological.  Restaurants and places are built on reputation and ambiance etc.. Its a good gimmick to say, our burgers are the original and do not need any ketchup and sure, people will believe it and may like it because they are told to do so.

I say put whatever you like on the burger. I put extra salt and ketchup on all my burgers, regardless of where they come from.

Reminds me of an old man I saw at 5 guys a month back.  He poured 3 salt packets on his burger patty before eating it. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2014, 12:53:09 PM »
I believe I said BUN and CHEESE too ..you know..those things loaded with preservatives and high fructose corn syrup .

Wow...unrelated attacks over a cheeseburger..someone really hates being wrong.....LOLOLOL.  :D
Groink, the Cheese ingredients and the Bun ingredients will be the same as what you can buy in any Grocery store.  I will post it if I have to (if you are still too stupid to believe it).  I figured you would have realized you were dead wrong by now.

Do you want me to post the ingredients or not?  I have them pulled up right now.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2014, 12:53:55 PM »
Reminds me of an old man I saw at 5 guys a month back.  He poured 3 salt packets on his burger patty before eating it. 
Five Guys really needs extra salt in my opinion.  Its quite bland.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2014, 12:54:19 PM »
Maybe it'll put grape soda and watermelon on the menu since the overpriced wings apparently didn't go over too well w/ the coloreds.

Mexicans in SoCal love it for many reasons.  1 because its cheap and 2 because it employees thousands of them.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2014, 12:54:54 PM »
Groink, the Cheese ingredients and the Bun ingredients will be the same as what you can buy in any Grocery store.  I will post it if I have to (if you are still too stupid to believe it).  I figured you would have realized you were dead wrong by now.

Do you want me to post the ingredients or not?  I have them pulled up right now.

Yes please post them and then tell me again about no preservatives in McDonald's

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2014, 12:56:52 PM »
Yes please post them and then tell me again about no preservatives in McDonald's

McDonalds uses plain old American Cheese which has lots of preservatives.  Most fast food places, even high end use buns with lots of preservatives.  They aren't buying fresh baked daily.  even Carls Jr who now bake theirs daily still have shit packed in them to keep it soft and pliable, same as subway.

It's cheap for a reason.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2014, 12:57:36 PM »
There is no preservatives in their Beef.

Do you know what cheese is?  Its essentially aged, preserved milk.  How do you make cheese without a preservative?  Science would like to know.  ???

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2014, 12:58:13 PM »
If I want I burger,unless it`s an extreme emergency and I`m starving to death and on the road,I`ll just cook up my own at home........best shit on Earth.

I usually just have it on a plate with mustard,and/or tomato slices on the side or with a baked potato.

Far better than any fast food shit.

Sure McDonalds is huge worldwide as someone mentioned,but most of their fucking patrons are pretty fucking HUGE hefty sum bitches also!!

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2014, 12:58:30 PM »
Haven't had McDonalds in years.

Few months back we returned from a late flight and were pretty hungry. Only food we could get nearby was McD's. So ate a couple of burgers...
Damn felt like shit for the whole ride back home. Felt very "strange". Don't know why.  :-X

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2014, 12:59:50 PM »
Haven't had McDonalds in years.

Few months back we returned from a late flight and were pretty hungry. Only food we could get nearby was McD's. So ate a couple of burgers...
Damn felt like shit for the whole ride back home. Felt very "strange". Don't know why.  :-X

It's the rush of sodium in your bloodstream.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2014, 01:01:37 PM »
McDonalds uses plain old American Cheese which has lots of preservatives.  Most fast food places, even high end use buns with lots of preservatives.  They aren't buying fresh baked daily.  even Carls Jr who now bake theirs daily still have shit packed in them to keep it soft and pliable, same as subway.

It's cheap for a reason.
Cheese is preserved milk.  Goats cheese to Parmesean.  Hope this helps.

Furthermore, the buns are higher quality than your regular supermarket hamburger buns. They aren`t any cheaper at all.  

I doubt Groink has ever baked a loaf of bread in his life, or you for that matter, so you will be forced to eat bread with a preservative in it- which is not a bad thing at all.

I bake my own bread so I know the difference.  I have even baked my own Hamburger buns.  In my opinion its not worth it and I prefer store bought, preferably Martin`s Potato Rolls which is what the Famous Freshly Made Burger Daily- Shake Shack uses.

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2014, 01:01:57 PM »
Could very well be, BP spike because of the high sodium.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2014, 01:02:36 PM »
Groink,

How do you make cheese without some sort of preservative?   ???

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2014, 01:03:28 PM »
It's the rush of sodium in your bloodstream.
......and the rat haired laden,cockroach infested, grease flooding your once pristine system,and causing nausea and distress.  ;)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2014, 01:04:11 PM »
......and the rat haired laden,cockroach infested, grease flooding your once pristine system,and causing nausea and distress.  ;)
Total bullshit.  :)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: February 03, 2014, 01:04:55 PM »
Groink,

How do you make cheese without some sort of preservative?   ???
Isn`t cheese naturally aged?

Never knew it had to contain preservatives,unless of course it`s processed cheese which is what MACDONALDs sells.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: February 03, 2014, 01:05:31 PM »

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2014, 01:05:32 PM »
......and the rat haired laden,cockroach infested, grease flooding your once pristine system,and causing nausea and distress.  ;)

Hahahahahaha, true as fuck. Aside from the health aspect, this "food" also tastes like utter crap in my opinion.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2014, 01:05:54 PM »
Isn`t cheese naturally aged?

Never knew it had to contain preservatives,unless of course it`s processed cheese which is what MACDONALDs sells.
Cheese does not have to be aged, but it HAS to have a preservative in it of some sort.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: February 03, 2014, 01:06:21 PM »
Hahahahahaha, true as fuck. Aside from the health aspect, this food also tastes like utter crap.
You never know what`s been crawling around on that grill at night!  :(

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2014, 01:07:58 PM »
Cheese does not have to be aged, but it HAS to have a preservative in it of some sort.
This I did not know.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2014, 01:09:15 PM »
This I did not know.
Even in Roman Times they were adding salt and seaweed as preservatives to cheeses.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: February 03, 2014, 01:12:19 PM »
Even in Roman Times they were adding salt and seaweed as preservatives to cheeses.
Cool,again,I had no clue.

Who says you can`t learn new stuff on getbig?  ;)