Author Topic: So after eating 90% clean for the last 4 months, I ate a McDs Double QP...  (Read 35867 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: So after eating 90% clean for the last 4 months, I ate a McDs Double QP...
« Reply #250 on: February 03, 2014, 06:58:03 PM »
IS this shit real? You feel like shit? Honestly? Gayest/weeakest complaining ive ever heard.

I imagine Arnold asking "Who is your daddy and what does he do?" Your kids would say "my dad ate a fucking burger and he felt sick. He's a giant pussy"
:D
I love when you come outta the wordwork to hurl completely random . insults before disappearing again.

I mich prefer this version of you to the circa 05-06 one who was constantly tauting the miraculous greatness of weed.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #251 on: February 03, 2014, 07:16:43 PM »
fat was cooked perfectly and not grizzled like it sometimes get when seared and I preferred the texture and taste (try to keep in your bird sized brain that it was sitting at 130 degrees for 2.5 hours and was not flabby or cold)

why the fuck should I use a beer cooler when I can maintain perfect temperature control on a stove top and nothing I've read about the beer cooler method indicates that it's superior to the stove top method and in fact it appears to be more difficult (and require more babysitting) if you're trying to maintain a specific temperature which is the point in the first place.

what exactly are you credential to be giving advise about anything (other than bad hair cuts and polio like legs - on those topics I will definitely defer to you)?

you don't know me or my brother yet you assume we're trying to PWN each other?

Are you this much of a douche in real life?

Are you so insecure that you feel the need to PWN your friends and family

that's the only reason I can think that you would just assume that about others who you don't even know

I see you haven't bothered to refute the benefit of pre-searing as stated in the article (which also mentioned that if you pre-sear then post searing might not even be necessary)

Here you go disgusting doofus.
http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/03/how-to-sous-vide-steak.html
Searing

Unfortunately, sous-vide cooking is deficient in one key category: it doesn't brown your meat. The browning reactions that take place to give your meat those wonderful crusty, roasted aromas only take place to a significant degree at temperatures well above 300°F, a good 170°F hotter than normal sous-vide cooking temperatures, which means that you still need to pull out the sauté pan to finish.

The key is to sear the meat as quickly as possible, to prevent any possible overcooking. Have your skillet ready and ripping hot before the meat comes out of the water bath, dry the steak thoroughly before adding it to the pan (wet meat will cool the pan down faster than dry meat), and leave it in the pan only long enough to color.

The question on my mind: some chefs pre-sear their meat before adding it to the bag, claiming that the browned flavors penetrate into the meat as it cooks in the water bath. Is this true?

20100303-sous-vide-steaks-pre-sear.jpg

Steaks just out of the bag—untreated on the left, pre-seared on the right. [Photographs: J. Kenji Lopez-Alt]

To find out, I cooked two identical steaks at 130°F, one with a pre-sear for one minute per-side in a 550°F skillet, and one without. Some of the color on the pre-seared version fades during its time in the bag. One can only hope that this is due to the fact that it has been somehow transported into the meat, reinforcing its flavor.

20100303-sous-vide-steaks-pre-sear?.jpg

Same steaks, post-searing. [Photographs: J. Kenji Lopez-Alt]

These are the same two steaks after being seared for a minute per side in 550°F skillet, in hot canola oil. Visually, there's not too much distinction. And flavor-wise? In a blind tasting, tasters were split across the board on which one they preferred, and when asked to correctly identify which steak was which, they fared no better than chance.

Conclusion: Don't bother with the pre-sear—you develop plenty of flavor with just the single, post-water bath sear.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: February 03, 2014, 07:22:58 PM »
fat was cooked perfectly and not grizzled like it sometimes get when seared and I preferred the texture and taste (try to keep in your bird sized brain that it was sitting at 130 degrees for 2.5 hours and was not flabby or cold)

why the fuck should I use a beer cooler when I can maintain perfect temperature control on a stove top and nothing I've read about the beer cooler method indicates that it's superior to the stove top method and in fact it appears to be more difficult (and require more babysitting) if you're trying to maintain a specific temperature which is the point in the first place.

what exactly are you credential to be giving advise about anything (other than bad hair cuts and polio like legs - on those topics I will definitely defer to you)?

you don't know me or my brother yet you assume we're trying to PWN each other?

Are you this much of a douche in real life?

Are you so insecure that you feel the need to PWN your friends and family

that's the only reason I can think that you would just assume that about others who you don't even know

I see you haven't bothered to refute the benefit of pre-searing as stated in the article (which also mentioned that if you pre-sear then post searing might not even be necessary)

Oh brother.  The pic speaks volumes.  Your Sear or lack thereof was a complete fail.  You already admitted you like gummy, flabby fat (although I think this is just a coverup due to your failure). 

Use a Beer Cooler moron.

You can be hard headed if you want and keep fucking up, or you can do it right.

You are no different than the shitbrained hard headed Republicans you try to make fun of everyday.

You are a dunderheaded lummox.  A worthless poster nobody likes on Getbig.

And your setup is a joke.

Use a Beer Cooler.

Wait, don`t use one.  Keep PWNING yourself and keep posting pictures of your "results".  I get a kick out of your futile stupidity.  (especially when the correct info has been posted and yet you relent.  You are insane)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #253 on: February 03, 2014, 07:24:31 PM »
Oh brother.  The pic speaks volumes.  Your Sear or lack thereof was a complete fail.  You already admitted you like gummy, flabby fat (although I think this is just a coverup due to your failure). 

Use a Beer Cooler moron.

You are no different than the shitbrained hard headed Republicans you try to make fun of everyday.

Use a Beer Cooler.

Wait, don`t use one.  Keep PWNING yourself and keep posting pictures of your "results".  I get a kick out of your futile stupidity.  (especially when the correct info has been posted and yet you relent.  You are insane)
Link to beer cooler so I have an example of what to get.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #254 on: February 03, 2014, 07:27:35 PM »
Link to beer cooler so I have an example of what to get.
Here you go my friend.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #255 on: February 03, 2014, 07:41:18 PM »
Here you go disgusting doofus.
http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/03/how-to-sous-vide-steak.html
Searing

Unfortunately, sous-vide cooking is deficient in one key category: it doesn't brown your meat. The browning reactions that take place to give your meat those wonderful crusty, roasted aromas only take place to a significant degree at temperatures well above 300°F, a good 170°F hotter than normal sous-vide cooking temperatures, which means that you still need to pull out the sauté pan to finish.

The key is to sear the meat as quickly as possible, to prevent any possible overcooking. Have your skillet ready and ripping hot before the meat comes out of the water bath, dry the steak thoroughly before adding it to the pan (wet meat will cool the pan down faster than dry meat), and leave it in the pan only long enough to color.

The question on my mind: some chefs pre-sear their meat before adding it to the bag, claiming that the browned flavors penetrate into the meat as it cooks in the water bath. Is this true?

20100303-sous-vide-steaks-pre-sear.jpg

Steaks just out of the bag—untreated on the left, pre-seared on the right. [Photographs: J. Kenji Lopez-Alt]

To find out, I cooked two identical steaks at 130°F, one with a pre-sear for one minute per-side in a 550°F skillet, and one without. Some of the color on the pre-seared version fades during its time in the bag. One can only hope that this is due to the fact that it has been somehow transported into the meat, reinforcing its flavor.

20100303-sous-vide-steaks-pre-sear?.jpg

Same steaks, post-searing. [Photographs: J. Kenji Lopez-Alt]

These are the same two steaks after being seared for a minute per side in 550°F skillet, in hot canola oil. Visually, there's not too much distinction. And flavor-wise? In a blind tasting, tasters were split across the board on which one they preferred, and when asked to correctly identify which steak was which, they fared no better than chance.

Conclusion: Don't bother with the pre-sear—you develop plenty of flavor with just the single, post-water bath sear.

from your post above you at the very least have proven their is no down side to pre-searing yet two pages ago you were calling it "moronic" (this is par for the course of you talking out of your ass about something you clearly have no personal experience with) so if you want to see someone who just PWND themself go take a look at your ugly mug in the mirror for as long as you can tolerate it

As pointed out in the article (and video) that I posted there are other reasons to pre-sear that you didn't mention such as killing surface bacteria and minimizing overcooking when searing afterward

watch the actual video to see the difference (posted for you now a third time) http://www.chefsteps.com/activities/presearing-for-sous-vide

I still haven't heard why I should trust your opinion over a professional chef with 20+ years of experience including teaching at the California Culinary Academy (that the person who's method I followed in the first video I posted)

Feel free to explain how you are more qualified and why I should trust your advice over his

I can see you posted a beer cooler sous vide method you found on the internet but have you actually done it?

Everything I've read says it takes more work to maintain temp (gotta keep extra water on hand if  it starts to get cold, gotta check it etc) where the stove top method is pretty flipping easy where you just bring it to temp and it stays there with no effort or checking

I see no benefit but once you explain your superior credentials to the person whose recommendations I followed then you can tell us your vast experience with the beer cooler vs. stove top

Heck, even better you can post some pictures of the many times that you've done the beer cooler method

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #256 on: February 03, 2014, 07:44:17 PM »
Two copy and paste titans doing battle in this thread.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #257 on: February 03, 2014, 07:44:23 PM »

Use a Beer Cooler moron.

Use a Beer Cooler.

I said no such thing

feel free to find my quote and post repost it here

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #258 on: February 03, 2014, 07:45:57 PM »
Two copy and paste titans doing battle in this thread.

very little copying or pasting in my posts other than a link to an article or a video

also no claim by me to be  any kind of a superior cook or chef

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: February 03, 2014, 07:47:34 PM »
from your post above you at the very least have proven their is no down side to pre-searing yet two pages ago you were calling it "moronic" (this is par for the course of you talking out of your ass about something you clearly have no personal experience with) so if you want to see someone who just PWND themself go take a look at your ugly mug in the mirror for as long as you can tolerate it

As pointed out in the article (and video) that I posted there are other reasons to pre-sear that you didn't mention such as killing surface bacteria and minimizing overcooking when searing afterward

watch the actual video to see the difference (posted for you now a third time) http://www.chefsteps.com/activities/presearing-for-sous-vide

I still haven't heard why I should trust your opinion over a professional chef with 20+ years of experience including teaching at the California Culinary Academy (that the person who's method I followed in the first video I posted)

Feel free to explain how you are more qualified and why I should trust your advice over his

I can see you posted a beer cooler sous vide method you found on the internet but have you actually done it?

Everything I've read says it takes more work to maintain temp (gotta keep extra water on hand if  it starts to get cold, gotta check it etc) where the stove top method is pretty flipping easy where you just bring it to temp and it stays there with no effort or checking

I see no benefit but once you explain your superior credentials to the person whose recommendations I followed then you can tell us your vast experience with the beer cooler vs. stove top

Heck, even better you can post some pictures of the many times that you've done the beer cooler method

Your whole setup is moronic.  Be a hard headed fool, its what suits you best.  

As I said, keep failure in your cooking repertoire.  I find it amusing. You don`t have a clue as to what you are doing and you don`t even want to learn the proper techniques.  Let myths guide you instead of Science.  Thats your prerogative, you repugnant reptilian brained schmuck.

I hope you burn down your kitchen with your little pots and thermometer included.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #260 on: February 03, 2014, 07:48:59 PM »
Your whole setup is moronic.  Be a hard headed fool, its what suits you best.  

As I said, keep failure in your cooking repertoire.  I find it amusing. You don`t have a clue as to what you are doing and you don`t even want to learn the proper techniques.  Let myths guide you instead of Science.  Thats your prerogative, you repugnant reptilian brained schmuck.

I hope you burn down your kitchen with your little pots and thermometer included.

Uncharacteristiclly emotional response from you TA :-\

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: February 03, 2014, 07:51:29 PM »
I said no such thing

feel free to find my quote and post repost it here

Here is your quote: "I actually like the fat uncharred"

Now go look at your flabby mess of meat you posted.  You FAILED to char the fat because you claim to like it flabby and gummy.

Hope this helps.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #262 on: February 03, 2014, 07:52:46 PM »
Uncharacteristiclly emotional response from you TA :-\
I like tearing into Straw Man, the phony liberal. 
He has way more in common with religious zealots and Republican Shitbrains than he realizes.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #263 on: February 03, 2014, 08:03:55 PM »
Here is your quote: "I actually like the fat uncharred"

Now go look at your flabby mess of meat you posted.  You FAILED to char the fat because you claim to like it flabby and gummy.

Hope this helps.

uncharred is not "flabby or gummy" so post where I said it was flabby or gummy or just admit you lied about that

the fat melted in my mouth (for example like a very good piece of Toro) rather than being chewy gristle like it can often be when cooked at a high temperature

Now, tell us your credential for giving cooking advice and tell us how your beer cooler sous vide turned out

I assume you must have made a thread about it somewhere when you did it because you seem to post every time you make a cup cake or corn muffin

maybe you can bump the thread you made about it when you tried it

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #264 on: February 03, 2014, 08:17:17 PM »
uncharred is not "flabby or gummy" so post where I said it was flabby or gummy or just admit you lied about that

the fat melted in my mouth (for example like a very good piece of Toro) rather than being chewy gristle like it can often be when cooked at a high temperature

Now, tell us your credential for giving cooking advice and tell us how your beer cooler sous vide turned out

I assume you must have made a thread about it somewhere when you did it because you seem to post every time you make a cup cake or corn muffin

maybe you can bump the thread you made about it when you tried it
It works 100 percent of the time.  I have used it hundreds of times for Beef, Chicken and Pork.  Do a search, I have mentioned it time and time again.

Your picture is all I needed to see that the fat was seriously in need of some char.  The photographic evidence speaks for itself. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #265 on: February 03, 2014, 08:18:39 PM »
It works 100 percent of the time.  I have used it hundreds of times for Beef, Chicken and Pork.  Do a search, I have mentioned it time and time again.

Your picture is all I needed to see that the fat was seriously in need of some char.  The photographic evidence speaks for itself. 

hundred of times ?

surely you must have posted some pics or made a thread about it

can you bump one of those so I can see your amazing results

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: February 03, 2014, 08:18:56 PM »
I am now about to make Crunchy Peanut Butter Marshmallow Bars with a Captain Crunch and Peanut Topping.  Epic Dessert!

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #267 on: February 03, 2014, 08:20:09 PM »
I hate to say it, but I can't eat McDonald's either without feeling ill. I love the fillet'o fish, but it makes me really sick.

Could it be that it's too calorie dense for those of us who aren't use to it?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #268 on: February 03, 2014, 08:22:06 PM »
I am now about to make Crunchy Peanut Butter Marshmallow Bars with a Captain Crunch and Peanut Topping.  Epic Dessert!

before you do that can you bump one of those thread when you did the beer cooler method

given your penchant to post pictures of all the other shit you've made I have to assume you would have made at least one thread or at least have some pics of one of the hundreds of times you've done this method (we'll ignore the obvious fact that sous vide really only became popular and well known in the last few years)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #269 on: February 03, 2014, 08:24:39 PM »
before you do that can you bump one of those thread when you did the beer cooler method

given your penchant to post pictures of all the other shit you've made I have to assume you would have made at least one thread or at least have some pics of one of the hundreds of times you've done this method (we'll ignore the obvious fact that sous vide really only became popular and well know in the last few years)

I copied him when he originally posted about it. It works well for me. I go 140 degrees and it comes out medium rare. Adonis said that was too hot for medium rare though.

Then I sear it on extremely hot cast iron.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: February 03, 2014, 08:27:11 PM »
given your penchant to post pictures of all the other shit you've made I have to assume you would have made at least one thread or at least have some pics of one of the hundreds of times you've done this method (we'll ignore the obvious fact that sous vide really only became popular and well know in the last few years)

TA is a very humble and private person, I wouldn't expect him to post many photos of his delicious meals.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #271 on: February 03, 2014, 08:31:09 PM »
I copied him when he originally posted about it. It works well for me. I go 140 degrees and it comes out medium rare. Adonis said that was too hot for medium rare though.

Then I sear it on extremely hot cast iron.

it's cool that you did it

I'm asking TA to bump some of of those threads

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #272 on: February 03, 2014, 08:35:56 PM »

so you admit you're a liar

TheShape

• Getbig III
« Reply #273 on: February 03, 2014, 08:53:44 PM »
He wasn`t paid by anyone.  Furthermore, it makes no difference if you are on steroids or not.  Is eating really a mystery to you?
??? Are you serious?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #274 on: February 03, 2014, 08:55:39 PM »
I hate to say it, but I can't eat McDonald's either without feeling ill. I love the fillet'o fish, but it makes me really sick.

Could it be that it's too calorie dense for those of us who aren't use to it?
you literally read my mind.  I was talking with my wife about caloric density, an idea that popped into my head. Yoj really are my brother from another mother.

terrifying.