Author Topic: Libtards like to site CBO...Why didn't they post this one?  (Read 2976 times)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
Re: Libtards like to site CBO...Why didn't they post this one?
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2014, 04:41:08 PM »
So, its your position that the CBO is lying about Obamacare, or you're dismissing the conclusions reached by the CBO because the Wapo fact checker dazzled you with a few run on sentences?

Not only the WaPo fact checker, sorry. 

Straw is right, though: Trying to reason with most conservatives is futile.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2014, 05:03:20 PM »

thats b/c most conservatives use numbers, facts and evidence to back up their views and liberals use emotion...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2014, 05:04:51 PM »
Fact of the matter is the CBO numbers show that obamacare will result in a net drag on the economy.

Now you can say I feel that people having the ability to retire early or not work is a good thing but realize that someone has to support them and the services they will use...

shit isnt free

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2014, 05:12:17 PM »
only a fucking moron would argue that giving people less incentive to work and more ppl on the govt tit is a good thing!!!

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2014, 05:36:13 PM »
only a fucking moron would argue that giving people less incentive to work and more ppl on the govt tit is a good thing!!!

People in general, yes I agree. 

But I could see where it might be a good idea to get some people to work less so that other people could work more. 

Like giving some high-earning folks incentives to take early retirements to make room for more younger workers.

Mind you, I'm not endorsing this idea.  I'm just bringing it up to point out that it's not as clear cut as you might think at first blush.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2014, 05:41:14 PM »
People in general, yes I agree. 

But I could see where it might be a good idea to get some people to work less so that other people could work more. 

Like giving some high-earning folks incentives to take early retirements to make room for more younger workers.

Mind you, I'm not endorsing this idea.  I'm just bringing it up to point out that it's not as clear cut as you might think at first blush.
thats not the people who are going to be taken out of the workforce even by the article you posted. Its going to be those people who qualify for subsidies when making less.

If they make more they will not qualify for subsidies and may end up in that area where they make to much for subsidies yet not enough to cover what they would have if they worked less and got subsidies.

SO THEY WILL WORK LESS, TAKE FROM OTHERS AND IDIOT DEMOCRAT SUPPORTERS WILL CHEER LIKE IS A FUCKING GOOD THING!!!

If you can leave the work force and not be a drag on the economy by sucking on the govt tit all the power to you. The govt should not be creating more fucking govt hand outs and giving people less incentive to work...PERIOD

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2014, 05:43:38 PM »
thats not the people who are going to be taken out of the workforce even by the article you posted. Its going to be those people who qualify for subsidies when making less.

If they make more they will not qualify for subsidies and may end up in that area where they make to much for subsidies yet not enough to cover what they would have if they worked less and got subsidies.

SO THEY WILL WORK LESS, TAKE FROM OTHERS AND IDIOT DEMOCRAT SUPPORTERS WILL CHEER LIKE IS A FUCKING GOOD THING!!!

If you can leave the work force and not be a drag on the economy by sucking on the govt tit all the power to you. The govt should not be creating more fucking govt hand outs and giving people less incentive to work...PERIOD

What do you want me to do, read the CBO's report?  And miss out on reading and posting here?  Ninja, please!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2014, 05:48:33 PM »
What do you want me to do, read the CBO's report?  And miss out on reading and posting here?  Ninja, please!
A start would be to not try give a retort in defense of this fucking idiocy. To call it out and call out the idiots who support it and continue to support it.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2014, 05:58:27 PM »
A start would be to not try give a retort in defense of this fucking idiocy. To call it out and call out the idiots who support it and continue to support it.

Yeah, I'd agree with your first sentence but that would mean not messing with that silly twat Dario, so that's out.  ;D 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2014, 06:00:58 PM »
Yeah, I'd agree with your first sentence but that would mean not messing with that silly twat Dario, so that's out.  ;D 
and the second sentence about calling out people who support it and continue to support it?

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2014, 06:09:37 PM »
and the second sentence about calling out people who support it and continue to support it?

Can't agree to that at this time;  Personally, to feel good about that, I'd need to know much more. 

In general, I don't have much faith in most snap judgements. 

For example, that thread about research money being spent on studying something related to syphilis among Peru's gay male prostitutes.  Sure, it sounds idiotic, but weighing in on it (without using so many qualifiers/weasel words as to make an opinion near worthless) before knowing most of the facts seems even more idiotic to me.  Too easy to be wrong.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2014, 06:22:22 PM »
Can't agree to that at this time;  Personally, to feel good about that, I'd need to know much more. 

In general, I don't have much faith in most snap judgements. 

For example, that thread about research money being spent on studying something related to syphilis among Peru's gay male prostitutes.  Sure, it sounds idiotic, but weighing in on it (without using so many qualifiers/weasel words as to make an opinion near worthless) before knowing most of the facts seems even more idiotic to me.  Too easy to be wrong.
Snap Judgements?

These law has been a disaster for the past 3 years, what else do you need?

Millions losing their coverage even when told "if you like your plan, you can keep it...PERIOD"
Millions losing their doctors even when told "if you like your doctor, you can keep them...PERIOD"
Insurance premiums and deductibles sky rocketing even though obama promised they would decline
Huge increase in govt subsidies and liabilities
Millions set to lose their coverage due to the employer mandate kicking in at the end of the year
Millions set to lose their doctor due to the employer mandate kicking in at the end of the year.

and now we find that it will also result in less people working while at the same time placing more people on the govt tit...

AND YOU THINK ITS A SNAP JUDGEMENT??? ::)

again liberals = emotion...conservatives = facts

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2014, 06:34:17 PM »
Snap Judgements?

These law has been a disaster for the past 3 years, what else do you need?

Millions losing their coverage even when told "if you like your plan, you can keep it...PERIOD"
Millions losing their doctors even when told "if you like your doctor, you can keep them...PERIOD"
Insurance premiums and deductibles sky rocketing even though obama promised they would decline
Huge increase in govt subsidies and liabilities
Millions set to lose their coverage due to the employer mandate kicking in at the end of the year
Millions set to lose their doctor due to the employer mandate kicking in at the end of the year.

and now we find that it will also result in less people working while at the same time placing more people on the govt tit...

AND YOU THINK ITS A SNAP JUDGEMENT??? ::)

again liberals = emotion...conservatives = facts

Whoa, Nelly!  Miscommunication alert!

I thought we were only talking about the CBO's forecast for ACA's effect on the US budget and unemployment rates.

Yeah, ACA sucks. 

We need single payer -- and that's no snap judgement on my part.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2014, 06:39:26 PM »
Whoa, Nelly!  Miscommunication alert!

I thought we were only talking about the CBO's forecast for ACA's effect on the US budget and unemployment rates.

Yeah, ACA sucks. 

We need single payer -- and that's no snap judgement on my part.
so how about calling out the idiots who support it and continue to support it instead of deflecting and trying to defend it?

Seems like we have a similar goal yet you dont seem to do anything about it.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2014, 06:53:37 PM »
so how about calling out the idiots who support it and continue to support it instead of deflecting and trying to defend it?

Seems like we have a similar goal yet you dont seem to do anything about it.

I'm not into slagging it much yet because I think it's a regrettably necessary first step toward getting single payer.  (And I've posted a lot here in support of single payer.)

And, anyway, MY plan didn't change so I don't have much to complain about, personally.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2014, 06:54:35 PM »

beyond futile and not worth the time

what's the point of explaining that what the CBO estimated was that people would VOLUNTARILY choose to work less or even stop working because they would no longer be tied to their jobs in order to have affordable health insurance

Repubs are still going to run ad's saying it's going to cost 2 million jobs and the majority of right wing dopes are going to believe it and pound their chest and feel vindicated

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2014, 06:58:26 PM »
I'm not into slagging it much yet because I think it's a regrettably necessary first step toward getting single payer.  (And I've posted a lot here in support of single payer.)

And, anyway, MY plan didn't change so I don't have much to complain about, personally.

so the means justify the ends for you?

yet another liberal quality...::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2014, 06:59:19 PM »
beyond futile and not worth the time

what's the point of explaining that what the CBO estimated was that people would VOLUNTARILY choose to work less or even stop working because they would no longer be tied to their jobs in order to have affordable health insurance

Repubs are still going to run ad's saying it's going to cost 2 million jobs and the majority of right wing dopes are going to believe it and pound their chest and feel vindicated
taking money from others is not affording health insurance moron...

SOMEONE ELSE IS PAYING FOR IT!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2014, 07:04:21 PM »
taking money from others is not affording health insurance moron...

SOMEONE ELSE IS PAYING FOR IT!!!!

stop with the caps already

the subsidies are there for that reason and some people will choose to use them

CBO Director said today that the ACA will actually boost the demand for labor

I'm going to copy the article because I doubt you will bother to read it before you bang out another response in caps

maybe you can make it through a few second of a video

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2014, 07:57:03 PM »
stop with the caps already

the subsidies are there for that reason and some people will choose to use them

CBO Director said today that the ACA will actually boost the demand for labor

I'm going to copy the article because I doubt you will bother to read it before you bang out another response in caps

maybe you can make it through a few second of a video

LOL   - f off

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2014, 08:46:27 PM »

LOL   - f off

you ran out of ideas pretty quickly

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2014, 05:29:06 AM »
so the means justify the ends for you?

yet another liberal quality...::)

I think you mean "the end justifies the means" and, if so, I'll not dodge the question ( ;)) and answer a qualified "yes, depending, of course, on how important the end is and how objectionable the means (i.e., if it's seems worth it).

Anyway, ACA is not unqualifiedly bad for everyone (compared to the old system), is it? 

What about those poor mofo's with serious pre-conditions who couldn't get insurance at all?  Pretty awesome for them.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2014, 07:55:49 AM »
Any one who argues that it's ok for crapcare to exist because it gives people subsidies that will give them the choice to work less or not work at all AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHER CITIZENS, is A MORON!

Are you libtards serious?

The economy is crap. It's been at 7% or higher UE for years. Actual UE is 13% because official government stats don't reflect those that have stopped looking and are on government assistance. There is record number of people on welfare. Unemployment benefits getting extended into infinity. The middle class is dwindling and struggling.

At one point democrats were arguing for job creation. Now they are saying that it's a good thing for 2.5 million to be out of the workforce. One idiot criticized the GOP for being against freedom. Freedom? What about freedom from having to pay higher taxes in order to support those 2.5 million? What about that freedom? If people out of work equals freedom then why not have 100 million or 200 million people working part time jobs or not working at all? Then we will really be a country of freedom (following libtard logic) and at the same time become Greece. Or do you morons actually believe that those subsidies come out of thin air?

The less people working, the worse in the long run is for the economy.

So much for libtards and democrats supporting job creation.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2014, 07:58:42 AM »
The bottom line is democrats lied about crapcare.

"It will create 4 million jobs, 400 thousand jobs almost immediately".

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.