Author Topic: Went from all this to just subutex and a little xanax  (Read 20549 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Went from all this to just subutex and a little xanax
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2014, 11:55:49 AM »
Eh, just quit. Your body will revert back to normal eventually. Most people are weak-willed, and simply cant handle feeling like shit for an extended period of time.

Is this a medical opinion?

From what I know, based on my mom's addiction to opiates, one must be weaned off them slowly or they can die.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2014, 12:09:54 PM »

one must be weaned off

To a point, and then jump to another med for a period of time, and possibly one more. The brunt of initial withdrawal can be eliminated. After that, you have to suck it up.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2014, 12:17:13 PM »
To a point, and then jump to another med for a period of time, and possibly one more. The brunt of initial withdrawal can be eliminated. After that, you have to suck it up.

I am glad I will never personally have to deal with this. I hate taking mood altering drugs, especially opiates.

nasum

• Getbig III
« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2014, 12:30:07 PM »
Are we all ex drug addicts here or something?

I was addicted to designer amphetamines for a while (mainly mdpv; which is now illegal). I also flirted with opioid, mdma and cocaine abuse. It was only about a year were I was really fucked up. Eventually I jumped off a roof (twice) in the fit of an amphetamine psychosis and smashed up my neighbour's fence. I was also arrested for breaking into a local pc store in the middle of the afternoon.

After jumping off the roof and being unable to walk from landing on a concrete patio and severely fucking up my right ankle, i decided to call it quits. Whatever potential benefit I thought I could glean from indulging in psychoactive substances wasn't worth hobbling around for 2 months.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: September 27, 2014, 01:14:50 PM »
Are we all ex drug addicts here or something?

I was addicted to designer amphetamines for a while (mainly mdpv; which is now illegal). I also flirted with opioid, mdma and cocaine abuse. It was only about a year were I was really fucked up. Eventually I jumped off a roof (twice) in the fit of an amphetamine psychosis and smashed up my neighbour's fence. I was also arrested for breaking into a local pc store in the middle of the afternoon.

After jumping off the roof and being unable to walk from landing on a concrete patio and severely fucking up my right ankle, i decided to call it quits. Whatever potential benefit I thought I could glean from indulging in psychoactive substances wasn't worth hobbling around for 2 months.

Many people experiment with drugs when they are young and feel invincible. They don't believe the propaganda/warnings that drugs will harm you. Some folks are luckier than others when it comes to taking drugs and getting hooked.

When I was in my twenties, I had one LSD trip. It was a great experience, which I felt no desire to repeat. I smoked dope three times. The first two times I tried it, nothing happened. The third time I became exceptionally paranoid. That didn't feel good. I never smoked another joint. Although I've been offered coke a few times, I've always turned it down. I've been mildly curious about Ecstasy, but have not tried that either. Fortunately, I have a high pain threshold. Even following surgeries, I've avoided needing pain meds. Although I am a creature of habit, I don't have an addictive personality.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #105 on: September 27, 2014, 01:28:05 PM »
Many people experiment with drugs when they are young and feel invincible. They don't believe the propaganda/warnings that drugs will harm you. Some folks are luckier than others when it comes to taking drugs and getting hooked.

When I was in my twenties, I had one LSD trip. It was a great experience, which I felt no desire to repeat. I smoked dope three times. The first two times I tried it, nothing happened. The third time I became exceptionally paranoid. That didn't feel good. I never smoked another joint. Although I've been offered coke a few times, I've always turned it down. I've been mildly curious about Ecstasy, but have not tried that either. Fortunately, I have a high pain threshold. Even following surgeries, I've avoided needing pain meds. Although I am a creature of habit, I don't have an addictive personality.

The paranoia is normal and happens from time to time - you can see it as a rite of passage that takes around 15 minutes. I see it as some kind of cleansing.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: September 27, 2014, 01:30:44 PM »
The paranoia is normal and happens from time to time - you can see it as a rite of passage that takes around 15 minutes. I see it as some kind of cleansing.

I saw it as a downer. I'm not into having negative feelings.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #107 on: September 27, 2014, 02:05:02 PM »
And i was afraid to take a .25mg zanax

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #108 on: September 27, 2014, 02:16:33 PM »
I have to be up at 6am next week for work. Been awake til 4 or 5am recently shitting a brick as to how I will sleep, person I know with sleeping tabs on holiday. Prob looking at three hours sleep and caffeine and modafinil to get through days. Fun times.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #109 on: September 27, 2014, 05:24:44 PM »
Booze was my thing but to shake the shakes, I'd pop 2 mg of Xanax and it was quite nice.  :)

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #110 on: September 27, 2014, 05:30:27 PM »
Booze was my thing but to shake the shakes, I'd pop 2 mg of Xanax and it was quite nice.  :)

Alcohol is everybody's fall back. Otherwise it is a dealer on the street or a doctor giving the drugs.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #111 on: September 27, 2014, 05:50:07 PM »
Just took a nice shit

whitewidow

« Reply #112 on: September 28, 2014, 05:21:02 AM »
Eh, just quit. Your body will revert back to normal eventually. Most people are weak-willed, and simply cant handle feeling like shit for an extended period of time.

bullshit you just can't quit you would have to taper off for years! Then the doctors would tell you it wouldn;t be safe to just quit after that many years of use they might switch you to something like valium but it's still a benzo and addictive. I'm not weak willed i did try to quit when i wasn;t so deep into it and it was horribble even after 6 weeks clean I still felt like shit because I didn't taper off right. Opiates and benzos you def have to taper off otherwise you will just relapse or cross addict to another drug.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #113 on: September 28, 2014, 07:58:19 AM »
That "feeling like shit" is the worst, absolute worst feeling in the world, it's hell on earth... In my opinion no one can go through that by himself/herself unless forced in a bunker without going out for days, weeks or months...

Elvis_McCartney

• Getbig II
« Reply #114 on: September 28, 2014, 08:47:12 AM »
bullshit you just can't quit you would have to taper off for years! Then the doctors would tell you it wouldn;t be safe to just quit after that many years of use they might switch you to something like valium but it's still a benzo and addictive. I'm not weak willed i did try to quit when i wasn;t so deep into it and it was horribble even after 6 weeks clean I still felt like shit because I didn't taper off right. Opiates and benzos you def have to taper off otherwise you will just relapse or cross addict to another drug.

Absolutely right.....

Someone could just STOP taking opiates though.  Wouldn't recommend it but it wouldn't kill them.

But you should NEVER try that with Benzo's.  You could actually die from doing something that stupid.  You can have seizures or worse.  Only way to come off of benzo's especially if your body is dependent on them is taper off slowly.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #115 on: September 28, 2014, 08:55:08 AM »
I saw it as a downer. I'm not into having negative feelings.

Understandable, but cannabis is more of a truth drug than a feel good medicine.

Var City

• Getbig IV
  • Perennially Man-Diming
« Reply #116 on: September 28, 2014, 12:29:29 PM »
Seems like you have put your body through hell. Glad to read that you are doing better, but you might be playing with fire still since you aren't really drug free....alcohol and coke being drugs. Maybe someday, you will give those up too.

I agree, Prime. However, there is absolutely no chance in Hell that I will ever use Heroin again. Truly. It's kind of like a horrible food allergy. Not to make the worst and most P.C. analogy ever here, but it is kind of like a food allergy. Let's say you eat scallops as a kid (this is a personal story) and you end up liking the taste and the unique texture but then you get violently ill.

Well to this day I can't eat scallops without vomiting.

The depths that heroin pushed me to in life, the amount of times that I woke up covered in my own vomit or blood- the MONTH straight where I ate only ice cream sandwiches and spoke to nobody and drove a porsche around aimlessly nodding off because i was trying to die but too much of a coward to take my own life- I NEVER can go back to that.

After I got clean, the mere THOUGHT of the... scent... of doing a line of heroin--the all engrossing, chemical smell and subsequent blanket wrap of warm euphoria and the dreams and peace and darnkess then you wake up in withdrawal covered in vomit--is something I can't deal with.

And I agree that I shouldn't use cocaine. But I sometimes do when I drink. That's really it for me now. I have to avoid pain killers for the most part because they obviously remind me of heroin.

And before anyone gets a misconception of what a Junkie is, trust me that you would not even know that I was a junkie and I was one of the most severe cases I have ever seen including many who have died from this.

Somehow I willed myself out of it. And I was always using heroin to cover up the fact that I am a diagnosed sociopath or whatever and you can google this much: opiates of sociopaths go hand in hand because they make you feel. Opiates let me cry. Fake tears. But cry nonetheless. That had never happened. They manufacture synthetic love. Ideas become facts. Then facts become obcessions. The key is to dig deep and find yourself through the draw. And I do know this: for anyone who is struggling with addiction, you CAN beat it on your own, because I beat a heroin-cocaine-amphetamine-benzodiazapene-alcohol-barbituate (fiorinal)-oxycodone (all at ONCE addicted to ALL) addiction over the course of 3 months or something.

They key is though, you can't do anything for that 3 months. I had worked enough to have that luxury. And detoxing by myself was hell. Truly, indescribable. I would wake up in such severe panic (waking up in the midst of panic attacks) SCREAMING at the top of my lungs, crawling through the house for a knife to kill myself because voices were telling me to kill myself. I would usually wake up from these panic attacks. But one lasted a legitimite couple days once and I taped myself to a chair because I realized I was going to slit my throat (yeah.. that was the plan. I did the whole wrist thing but cut the wrong way not knowing and it takes too long to bleed out,. then i woke up from the panic attack and put vodka on the wounds and taped them. so i decided the next time i was going for my throat. and that's why i ended up taping myself to my chair. which was very very hard to get out of. and i pissed myself and shit myself but i got CLEANER in the 2 days on that chair. i could trust myself when i finally gnawed my way out of the gorilla tape because i was sitting in my own shit and vomit and piss).

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: September 28, 2014, 01:57:53 PM »
I agree, Prime. However, there is absolutely no chance in Hell that I will ever use Heroin again. Truly. It's kind of like a horrible food allergy. Not to make the worst and most P.C. analogy ever here, but it is kind of like a food allergy. Let's say you eat scallops as a kid (this is a personal story) and you end up liking the taste and the unique texture but then you get violently ill.

Well to this day I can't eat scallops without vomiting.

The depths that heroin pushed me to in life, the amount of times that I woke up covered in my own vomit or blood- the MONTH straight where I ate only ice cream sandwiches and spoke to nobody and drove a porsche around aimlessly nodding off because i was trying to die but too much of a coward to take my own life- I NEVER can go back to that.

After I got clean, the mere THOUGHT of the... scent... of doing a line of heroin--the all engrossing, chemical smell and subsequent blanket wrap of warm euphoria and the dreams and peace and darnkess then you wake up in withdrawal covered in vomit--is something I can't deal with.

And I agree that I shouldn't use cocaine. But I sometimes do when I drink. That's really it for me now. I have to avoid pain killers for the most part because they obviously remind me of heroin.

And before anyone gets a misconception of what a Junkie is, trust me that you would not even know that I was a junkie and I was one of the most severe cases I have ever seen including many who have died from this.

Somehow I willed myself out of it. And I was always using heroin to cover up the fact that I am a diagnosed sociopath or whatever and you can google this much: opiates of sociopaths go hand in hand because they make you feel. Opiates let me cry. Fake tears. But cry nonetheless. That had never happened. They manufacture synthetic love. Ideas become facts. Then facts become obcessions. The key is to dig deep and find yourself through the draw. And I do know this: for anyone who is struggling with addiction, you CAN beat it on your own, because I beat a heroin-cocaine-amphetamine-benzodiazapene-alcohol-barbituate (fiorinal)-oxycodone (all at ONCE addicted to ALL) addiction over the course of 3 months or something.

They key is though, you can't do anything for that 3 months. I had worked enough to have that luxury. And detoxing by myself was hell. Truly, indescribable. I would wake up in such severe panic (waking up in the midst of panic attacks) SCREAMING at the top of my lungs, crawling through the house for a knife to kill myself because voices were telling me to kill myself. I would usually wake up from these panic attacks. But one lasted a legitimite couple days once and I taped myself to a chair because I realized I was going to slit my throat (yeah.. that was the plan. I did the whole wrist thing but cut the wrong way not knowing and it takes too long to bleed out,. then i woke up from the panic attack and put vodka on the wounds and taped them. so i decided the next time i was going for my throat. and that's why i ended up taping myself to my chair. which was very very hard to get out of. and i pissed myself and shit myself but i got CLEANER in the 2 days on that chair. i could trust myself when i finally gnawed my way out of the gorilla tape because i was sitting in my own shit and vomit and piss).

Clearly you have been through hell and back. It seems that every detail of that horrendous experience is etched in you memory. Never lose this memory, it is part of what is keeping you heroin free, the rest is your incredible will power and the desire to live. If you had really wanted to kill yourself, you probably would have succeeded. Something deep inside of you didn't want this.

I cannot imagine the pain you suffered. I feel very fortunate after reading your story that this never happened to me. My mom was an alcoholic and later abused opiates. I grew up living with the impact of this and had it set in my mind that I wanted a different life for myself. My childhood experiences with my mother were crazy. She was great fun when she was sober and she was a maniac when she was drunk. My father was also an alcoholic. I only briefly lived with him and his life was messed up also. Fortunately, my stepdad was completely sober and sane (except that he put up with my mom).

A lot of people with childhood experiences like mine, repeat the behaviors they learned from their parents. I chose to rebel, instead using my stepdad as my role model. I've been mostly successful, only occasionally slipping into self-destructive behaviors. I have periodically suffered depression and anxiety as an adult. Unfortunately, somewhere along the line, I started self medicating with alcohol. Thanks to my concerned family, I have stopped drinking recently. I feel much better already.

Unlike you, I have not been diagnosed with sociopathic behavior. There was a long period of time in my life when I was numb or cut off from my emotions. Like you, I couldn't cry or even feel sad on occasions, when that would have been the normal response. Instead, I was analytical and rationalized everything which was very frustrating to the people closest to me, like my wife and children. It was my way of protecting myself. These days, I am able to feel some emotions, which is good.

Whatever you are doing to stay clean, keep doing it. Life is worth living. You have a long life ahead of you. Enjoy it.

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2014, 10:24:12 PM »

You can do from benzo and alcohol withdraws ....not safe to cold turkey without medical supervision.

Opiate withdrawal won't kill you (directly that is) but fuck that shit!

whitewidow

« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2014, 03:20:45 AM »
Absolutely right.....

Someone could just STOP taking opiates though.  Wouldn't recommend it but it wouldn't kill them.

But you should NEVER try that with Benzo's.  You could actually die from doing something that stupid.  You can have seizures or worse.  Only way to come off of benzo's especially if your body is dependent on them is taper off slowly.

Yes this is correct I think both withdrawals are awful! but Elvis is right opiates you will not die you just feel like your dying or want to die with benzos you can actually seizure and die! it's scary shit because you might be trying to kick xanax or any benzo and be clean off them for a day ot two but you could dose off into a sleep and seizure in your sleep. benzos are #1 most horrible drug to get addicted to. I thought my doctor was just trying to scare me when he told me what he was prescribing me was more addictive then heroin but he was right,at least the withdrawals are way more dangerous and just as unpleasant

whitewidow

« Reply #120 on: September 29, 2014, 03:21:36 AM »
You can do from benzo and alcohol withdraws ....not safe to cold turkey without medical supervision.

Opiate withdrawal won't kill you (directly that is) but fuck that shit!

this guy is right as well. benzo withdrawal is very serious, you might think your tough and can do it on your own but it's not worth dying over.

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2014, 03:35:40 AM »
Whitewidow, do you have a mental health diagnosis, such as Bipolar?  There has to be a reason for all this...

Good Luck!

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2014, 03:48:54 AM »
u guys that r saying just suck it and quit don't understand that a person can die from benzodiapene addiction,opiates u can just quit and u wont die but benzos is different,seizures can happen and its bad news. take something called a phenabar(barbiturate) while coming off Xanax and u will prevent seizure,even opoiates,why suffer?just take subitex and bam u r done,no withdrawels.then u just stop taking the subs after a week or 2 and u may get slight headache but that's all
R

Var City

• Getbig IV
  • Perennially Man-Diming
« Reply #123 on: September 29, 2014, 09:56:35 AM »
Re: the benzos

I had a MAJOR seizure during withdrawal that was so fucking unpleasant I won't attempt
To be cute and put it into words: it wS hell on earth

Just because I quit my massive addiction alone (w out rehab) doesn't mean you should

I admit I should have had supervision and I'm so lucky to be alive

Anyone w issues pm me oor questions

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2014, 10:59:34 AM »
u guys that r saying just suck it and quit don't understand that a person can die from benzodiapene addiction,opiates u can just quit and u wont die but benzos is different,seizures can happen and its bad news. take something called a phenabar(barbiturate) while coming off Xanax and u will prevent seizure,even opoiates,why suffer?just take subitex and bam u r done,no withdrawels.then u just stop taking the subs after a week or 2 and u may get slight headache but that's all
Correct. Only a couple drugs that withdrawals can kill from.... alcohol and benzos.

Ipiate withdrawal makes you think youre dying, but you wont die.