Author Topic: Scott Abel.....Smart Marketing? Fuck the guys a douche.  (Read 9953 times)

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
Scott Abel.....Smart Marketing? Fuck the guys a douche.
« on: February 10, 2014, 10:27:21 PM »
I can't stand this guy. He's one of the latest "gurus" preaching all about the dangers of metabolic damage and what not. In fact he was one of the first to start preaching about it. However ironically years ago he used to use the same techniques that all coaches used to get their athletes into shape. Low cals and high cardio. Now he's against it.

So I received this in my email box....I must have signed up for his letters somewhere along the way obviously.....

http://realempoweredwoman.com/join/index.php?hop=balboabel

Very clever indeed. Tons of woman are going to pay the 400 bucks for this cookie cutter program. He's taking on 50 clients so 50 x 400 = $20000.00. Nice little payday.

At one of my shows the eventual female bodybuilding overall winner used him as a coach.....she was on her cell phone with him and the poor woman was dying. He had instructed her to take a shitload of aldazide. She had the headache from hell and could barely pose. Then she came back stage and was puking to death. Everybody could hear him yelling at her on the cell phone telling her that she "didn't want the win bad enough" and to "suck it up".

She told me that he was the most impersonal person she had ever come across and that he was all about the win. She didn't tell me her cycle but she told me that he took it to a whole other level she wasn't comfortable with. He had convinced her it was okay though. She did look great though....hence why she took the overall. Interestingly enough even though I looked like shit she really discouraged me from ever cycling. She kept stressing the changes just weren't worth it.  

I was actually considering hiring him until she told me the horror stories.

It was awful.  :(

Yet so many women worship this guy. I think the methods he has adopted over the past 5-6 years have greatly improved and are much more safe and efficient than previous.......or so I've read.

I still think he's a douchenozzle.

Regardless THIS IS SMART MARKETING. Pretend to have a genuine concern about a womens well being while being able to GET THEM INTO GREAT SHAPE.

Very smart indeed.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
Re: Scott Abel.....Smart Marketing? Fuck the guys a douche.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 10:32:41 PM »
Amazing Love - Based Coaching and Support.  :D

Oh Brother.  ::)

Maybe some of you sourpusses should take him up on this.  :)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 10:35:54 PM »
We prefer Adam Abel.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 10:36:12 PM »
How does the Empowered Woman Experience work?

This course “works” on many different fronts. First, we are not going to use any body-image pictures or avatars of any participants. We are not going to “celebrating” weight-loss, or weigh-ins or any of that. We are not going to be “diet-focused” or any of the other typical things offered to women in the diet and fitness industries. This is a participation-based course. I want to get ladies talking to each other about things that matter and the struggles so many of you share but don’t realize. There will be many assignments and many “reality checks” along the way that will create for you a new map in your own mind. And then once you have your own personal map – its up to you to travel the territory. But instead of focusing on “diets” for instance, we’ll discuss food issues and diet-psychology. You will be shown how advertised “solutions” for so many of you, actually continue to reinforce your problems and why you go round and round. You will be given assignments then have a forum to discuss them. This is a course about self-discovery. Real and true empowerment has never been an outside-in equation. Empowerment always comes from inside yourself – and then you act on that. The Fitness and Diet Industries keep marketing to you that your empowerment awaits in a new and changed body. This only reinforces how bad you feel about yourself. True empowerment awaits in a new and changed mind. Then the body will just follow from there. But you will also be exposed to images that control you that you never considered before. You will be exposed to lies you have internalized and believed about yourself. But you will also realize you do not suffer alone and what you really need cannot be found in following “a diet” or “a workout plan.” If that worked, then you would have already succeeded.

In short – I want to address what lies beneath all of this for all of you who struggle – and that can be summed up in one word – “Pain.” – It’s just time to stop hurting and suffering and realize no one can self-reject your way to true empowerment. And its necessary to come together and realize once and for all there should be better and more important things to occupy your mind – than food, eating, body-image and weight. I want you to be and feel empowered whether you lose weight or don’t. Because the truth is, you struggle because you want to feel better about yourself. And the industry has you sold on the idea that feeling better about yourself only comes with a different body than the one you are in. What if you can just feel better about yourself, period? It’s not something to “achieve” – it is simply what’s left over when you remove the struggle. So, let’s remove it.

But let me reiterate. I will be educating you. We will not be cheerleading diets in this course. To me, that only reinforces the problem and perpetuates it.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 10:38:19 PM »
Coach Abel, you are a man, why should I listen to you when it comes to Women Empowerment?

Good question. I used to hear it a lot. The question itself reflects gender bias in reverse. I’m ok with that. Two things here. First – I don’t want to “listen to me” – I want you to listen and feel each other. I am not going to be passing you down knowledge from on high. No – I will be more like a conductor of a symphony. You all will be the musicians making the music. When I became a “go to” person in the Fitness Industry I started to notice “a pattern.” And it was a pattern of female isolation and suffering. And I couldn’t just ignore it, and continue the lie that achieving a better body made these body issues go away. I changed the trajectory of my career to focus on helping people, mostly women. For that, I went back to my academic roots. I did my undergrad and graduate degree education in sociology. I was a social worker for many years and academically I won several scholarships for “intellectual proficiency.” I taught classes in “Women’s Issues” at University in the 80’s. From there I did social work of counseling in many different milieus and I became quite adept and skilled at it. To this day I consider my Coaching to be more “Counseling-oriented” than anyone else in this industry ever could be – because their background is Fitness and/or Nutrition. My background is counseling and sociology. I was born to do this.

Moreover look at my resume of late. The book I wrote that accompanies this course is called “The Empowered Woman”. My previous books before this were “The Anti-Diet Approach to Weight-Loss and Weight-Control” – “Food Issues and You: Finally Facing Your Phantom Menace” (which is a book I wrote for ladies with food issues and eating disorders) Before that I wrote “Metabolic Damage and the Danger of Dieting” and before that I wrote “The Other Side of the Mirror: Understanding Body-Image Dependency Disorder in the Fitness Industry and Beyond” All of these books have been targeted at ladies and their pain. This represents a decade of my life immersed in woman’s issues. And I became a feminist in the process. You don’t need “information” – you need “inspiration” so you can finally experience true “transformation.”

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 10:41:03 PM »
I despise this guy. He's such a phony. He cares about no one except his pocket book.

I remember between 2005-2007ish all I heard was nightmares stories but everyone was to afraid to come forward.

He stopped training clients for contests because word got around.

I spit on you Scott Abel.  >:(

Can you believe at one time I was trying to decide between Dave Palumbo and this guy for a coach??? :D
Just call me stupidslut.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 04:27:20 AM »
Interesting. One of my best friends is considering a local figure show. She's almost 50, but she's in great shape and is probably a cut away from a local overall. That said, I am not sure that she is ready to take on the additional stress in her life. She also has no idea about the drugs. None at all.

She took on a local female bb coach, but put the whole thing on hold when her college-age daughter wasn't thrilled about the idea. She's stealthy dieting on her own now.

I am outwardly supportive, but I don't know if this is her scene. I will make sure to ring alarm bells if she brings this dude's name up.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 04:29:38 AM »
Man, I remember this guy from like 25 years ago. Total douche. In fact, kicked out of the gym for acting the tough guy and starting fights. 

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 04:35:57 AM »
I can't stand this guy. He's one of the latest "gurus" preaching all about the dangers of metabolic damage and what not. In fact he was one of the first to start preaching about it. However ironically years ago he used to use the same techniques that all coaches used to get their athletes into shape. Low cals and high cardio. Now he's against it.

So I received this in my email box....I must have signed up for his letters somewhere along the way obviously.....

http://realempoweredwoman.com/join/index.php?hop=balboabel

Very clever indeed. Tons of woman are going to pay the 400 bucks for this cookie cutter program. He's taking on 50 clients so 50 x 400 = $20000.00. Nice little payday.

At one of my shows the eventual female bodybuilding overall winner used him as a coach.....she was on her cell phone with him and the poor woman was dying. He had instructed her to take a shitload of aldazide. She had the headache from hell and could barely pose. Then she came back stage and was puking to death. Everybody could hear him yelling at her on the cell phone telling her that she "didn't want the win bad enough" and to "suck it up".

She told me that he was the most impersonal person she had ever come across and that he was all about the win. She didn't tell me her cycle but she told me that he took it to a whole other level she wasn't comfortable with. He had convinced her it was okay though. She did look great though....hence why she took the overall. Interestingly enough even though I looked like shit she really discouraged me from ever cycling. She kept stressing the changes just weren't worth it.  

I was actually considering hiring him until she told me the horror stories.

It was awful.  :(

Yet so many women worship this guy. I think the methods he has adopted over the past 5-6 years have greatly improved and are much more safe and efficient than previous.......or so I've read.

I still think he's a douchenozzle.

Regardless THIS IS SMART MARKETING. Pretend to have a genuine concern about a womens well being while being able to GET THEM INTO GREAT SHAPE.

Very smart indeed.

You've got a little of that "female" Analbolichio aimless rambling thing going on.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 05:03:59 AM »
Dude was great in "Enter The Bacon" - a man who cares for his clients.

flex933

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 06:58:08 AM »
Just Youtubed his videos.... Sounds funny. Is he gay

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 07:34:16 AM »
Trainer/coach/guru  ::)

Everything anyone needs to know, about anything, is here ---> www.google.com/‎

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 08:38:42 AM »
You can look at a hundred pics of Scott. Only on his web site does he have a Christian cross shown prominently around his neck. Marketing.

Agent69

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 09:27:15 AM »
Scott has been around forever-and has fucked up a lot of people with his prep methods over the years.
Now preaching his stupid metabolic training and metabolic damage bullshit-he is a total douche bag.

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2014, 11:49:12 AM »
 ::) I remember this clown from the 80s when he was married to Laura Beniti ( might be spelled wrong ) And yes he is a clown . Total fucking clown   

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2014, 12:30:45 PM »
He was always around back in the late '80s/early-mid '80s when I was lifting in gyms all around Toronto. When he was married to Laura Binetti (great gal, by the way).

The guy is a total turd.

I remember being at some conference and he was there as a keynote speaker. He was so juiced and SO red and bloated. He could barely breathe, literally. My bud and I thought he'd expire right there and then.

"Coach Abel"  ::)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2014, 12:42:57 PM »
Never liked the dude. A couple of years ago he was crying about the state of bodybuilding with the drug abuse. Meanwhile he's no better, apparently even damaging others.

Same type of turd as Poliquin.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2014, 01:00:29 PM »
Geez nothing good to say bout the guy. Lol never heard of him.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2014, 01:23:08 PM »
I rememeber seeing him in Muscle mag years ago.  Wasn't he with Muscle tech?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2014, 01:26:19 PM »
Bikini is a legit women, she always gives a fuck about irrelevant things :D

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2014, 03:58:25 PM »
It's too bad more ladies don't read Getbig.

This thread could save them $400.00.

One of the biggest pieces of shit in the bodybuilding. However he made a stellar comeback. Dropped off for awhile and came back eyeing the female market. He knows how stupid and most women are when it comes to fitness.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2014, 05:15:59 PM »
Trainer/coach/guru  ::)

Everything anyone needs to know, about anything, is here ---> www.google.com/‎

Exactly. And "coaches" are for actual sports.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2014, 01:59:12 AM »
He's a poor man's True Adonis

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2014, 02:00:29 AM »
It's time to show the pussy pics Bikinislut. You have nothing left.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2014, 03:49:34 AM »
Haven`t heard about this guy in years.