Author Topic: How long does that food last?  (Read 1255 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
How long does that food last?
« on: February 11, 2014, 01:46:04 PM »
Dairy, grains, meats, fruits, veggies, and misc food items...some of them have sell by, best by, use by dates. But, if it still tastes or smells good....Unsure how long that food  will last?

You may be surprised to find that you've been throwing away hundreds dollars worth of food a year because you think an expiration date means the food is no longer good. Here are a few reference resources.

Eat By Date is a website that can help answer your questions: http://www.eatbydate.com/
:

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
Re: How long does that food last?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 05:31:33 AM »
Dairy, grains, meats, fruits, veggies, and misc food items...some of them have sell by, best by, use by dates. But, if it still tastes or smells good....Unsure how long that food  will last?

You may be surprised to find that you've been throwing away hundreds dollars worth of food a year because you think an expiration date means the food is no longer good. Here are a few reference resources.

Eat By Date is a website that can help answer your questions: http://www.eatbydate.com/

Thnx! It's a really interesting site!

Our supermarkets usually have 35%-50% discount on food nearing expiration date. Nice way to stack your freezer on a tight budget.
Gluten free bread, pasta and flour can be very expensive. So, when I see those on expiration date sale, I buy large quantities. Pasta and flour have a long shell life, and bread can be frozen.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 06:12:31 AM »
I never ever go by expiration date.

I've had milk for two months in my fridge that is still good. So I'll still drink it.

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 06:46:12 AM »
I never ever go by expiration date.

I've had milk for two months in my fridge that is still good. So I'll still drink it.

You Ma'am are a daredevil!