Author Topic: NY to issue undocumented immigrants papers  (Read 953 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
NY to issue undocumented immigrants papers
« on: February 10, 2014, 01:52:00 PM »
NY to issue undocumented immigrants papers

New York (AFP) - New York Mayor Bill de Blasio said Monday that the city would give undocumented immigrants identity papers to allow them to live more normal lives.

"To all of my fellow New Yorkers who are undocumented, I say: New York City is your home too, and we will not force ANY of our residents to live their lives in the shadows," de Blasio said in a speech at Queens College.

The initiative's aim is to ensure that undocumented residents are able to do things like open bank accounts, sign leases and gain access to basic services.

"We will protect the almost half-million undocumented New Yorkers whose voices too often go unheard," de Blasio said.

New York has an estimated eight million residents, 2.3 million of whom are of Hispanic origin.

De Blasio was elected mayor in November with the massive support of the city's Hispanic and black communities, who responded to his promise to fight to close a growing gap between rich and poor.

He took office January 1, succeeding billionaire Michael Bloomberg, who was mayor for 12 years.

http://news.yahoo.com/ny-issue-undocumented-immigrants-papers-194939241.html;_ylt=AwrBJR5aLvlSWEEAOeXQtDMD

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: NY to issue undocumented immigrants papers
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 02:13:40 PM »
How is this shit legal...its not even a State law. How the fuck do u defy one of the few mandates in the Constitution and jobs of the President.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 02:45:54 PM »
While I think the law is a total piece of shite idea...

It's states' rights, correct?  Voters of NY State have decided they want this.  The leaders they choose have said they want this.

Many conservatives will hate the idea - but will agree the LAST thing they want is the federal govt (read: Obama) deciding things for us.

OR, look at it this way - if you support the federal govt shutting this down in NY... would you equally support the federal govt making ALL 50 states SUPPORT and ENACT such a measure?  Ya can't support obama overriding states some of time - only when you agree with it.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 02:54:28 PM »

It's states' rights, correct?  Voters of NY State have decided they want this.  The leaders they choose have said they want this.

Many conservatives will hate the idea - but will agree the LAST thing they want is the federal govt (read: Obama) deciding things for us.

OR, look at it this way - if you support the federal govt shutting this down in NY... would you equally support the federal govt making ALL 50 states SUPPORT and ENACT such a measure?  Ya can't support obama overriding states some of time - only when you agree with it.

It's actually New York City I think.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 03:00:03 PM »

So where are the states' rights when they want to curtail immigration?

Or are libtards selective as to what is considered state rights?

I remember the majority of the people in Arizona, at one time it was close to 80% of Arizona residents, who wanted their border secured and who supported legislations created by Governor Brewer. Yet, didn't the federal government step in to keep the state from doing what the BIG MAJORITY of the citizens wanted?

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 03:14:01 PM »

New York has an estimated eight million residents, 2.3 million of whom are of Hispanic origin.

De Blasio was elected mayor in November with the massive support of the city's Hispanic and black communities, who responded to his promise to fight to close a growing gap between rich and poor.

http://news.yahoo.com/ny-issue-undocumented-immigrants-papers-194939241.html;_ylt=AwrBJR5aLvlSWEEAOeXQtDMD

It's important to highlight that because out of 8 million people only 1 million showed up to vote. Of those million about 700k voted for him.

So much for the excitement that either one of those candidates generated.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 04:05:38 PM »
So where are the states' rights when they want to curtail immigration?

THIS is the exact problem with the tea party demands.... they demand STATES rights on guns and immigration...

BUT ask them about gay marriage or legalizing weed, watch how fast they demand a federal mandate.

Libs are the same way, with the issues they love.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 07:45:05 AM »
Again...its a city...not  a State. There are things both as part of US law and the 14th Amendment that could be challengeable. Besides if Uncle Sam wanted to shitcan this law they could...but they won't because Obama is into selective enforcement of standing US laws...including ones he past.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 07:48:35 AM »
This state is finished. 

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 09:30:37 AM »
Lmao nyc...good to see your mayor working in the best interests of actual new yorkers. Hahhaa what a joke. The time for revolution and is close at hand

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 03:27:29 PM »
It's important to highlight that because out of 8 million people only 1 million showed up to vote. Of those million about 700k voted for him.

So much for the excitement that either one of those candidates generated.

Par for the course in the USA.  (In Australia, OTH, voting is required by law and is penalized by a fine if ya don't vote.)

Props to you for bemoaning the fact that voter participation is low since your side is usually trying to discourage voting.  (I wonder why?)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 03:34:52 PM »
This is crazy. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 03:38:31 PM »
This is crazy. 

Everything I read about DiBlasio is absulutly insane. He makes every other politician seem like George Washington.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 04:41:26 PM »
Par for the course in the USA.  (In Australia, OTH, voting is required by law and is penalized by a fine if ya don't vote.)

Props to you for bemoaning the fact that voter participation is low since your side is usually trying to discourage voting.  (I wonder why?)
LMFAO yes discouraging voting by making it a requirement to prove your a citizen with the right to vote. ::)

more if youre against gay marriage, you hate gays bull shit from you...

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2014, 04:58:08 PM »
LMFAO yes discouraging voting by making it a requirement to prove your a citizen with the right to vote. ::)

more if youre against gay marriage, you hate gays bull shit from you...

You saying that you doubt that republicans try to discourage voting from non-republicans?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2014, 05:00:15 PM »
You saying that you doubt that republicans try to discourage voting from non-republicans?

How do Republicans try to discourage voting?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2014, 07:43:59 AM »
Blasio to illegal immigrants: "new york is your city too.."

Is this not fucking absurd?? This is treasonous and a slap in the face of the actual americans who actually pay for everything with their taxes

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 07:45:58 AM »
Illegals will flock to New York causing an increase in crime and a sharp decline in tax revenue.  Tax payers will leave and with no one to pay for all his pipe dream policies New York goes broke.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2014, 12:28:27 AM »
Blasio to illegal immigrants: "new york is your city too.."

Is this not fucking absurd?? This is treasonous and a slap in the face of the actual americans who actually pay for everything with their taxes

imagine if I walk into your house illegally, start playing on my iphone and eating your potato chips, and you call 911.

The police officer says "this is your house too!' to me, and gives me a paper lease with my name on it.  I can stay now!   :D

I don't get it.

SCRUBS

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2014, 05:59:29 AM »
Arrest him for aiding and abetting of criminals...

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2014, 07:20:36 AM »
imagine if I walk into your house illegally, start playing on my iphone and eating your potato chips, and you call 911.

The police officer says "this is your house too!' to me, and gives me a paper lease with my name on it.  I can stay now!   :D

I don't get it.

Lol yea that exactly what it is

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2014, 09:11:01 AM »
How do Republicans try to discourage voting?

By promoting Voter ID laws.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2014, 09:36:35 AM »

How does that ' discourage voting'??

All it does is discourage voting by non-citizens....how the fuck is that a bad thing???

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2014, 09:47:25 AM »
How does that ' discourage voting'??

All it does is discourage voting by non-citizens....how the fuck is that a bad thing???

Tell me about it. 

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2014, 11:40:39 AM »

Voter ID laws just make sense if you want to prevent fraud.