Author Topic: Ronnie's arms now 19 inches- what causes triceps atrophy in Palumboism?  (Read 16004 times)

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Ronnie's arms now 19 inches- what causes triceps atrophy in Palumboism?
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2014, 10:57:15 AM »
did he state he was doing mro again.if so he prepped late and was light looking for him,,if he's going to do mro again he has to start getting up to 280 soon or again not enough size to place again top 5..i think he's done.
Yeah, he said he's doing it. Casting further doubt on the idea that he's trimming down for health reasons.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2014, 11:02:28 AM »
its hard to see athletes in any sport,bodybuiding,MMA,basketbal,baseball ect trying to to go against the grain when they r clearly never gonna b in their prime again, ronnie will go down as one of the best ever n he made his mark in bodybuilding, to c him trying to recapture the glory days at this point will b a huge mistake n will only have bad outcomes imo
R

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2014, 11:05:42 AM »
its hard to see athletes in any sport,bodybuiding,MMA,basketbal,baseball ect trying to to go against the grain when they r clearly never gonna b in their prime again, ronnie will go down as one of the best ever n he made his mark in bodybuilding, to c him trying to recapture the glory days at this point will b a huge mistake n will only have bad outcomes imo
He knows he won't win ever again. But if he drops out of contests, his guestposing revenue goes down because his exposure goes down. He's trying to stay in the spotlight, though to go by the lack of videos in the last 5 months + the obvious drop in size and personal domestic problems he had last year, it's hard to imagine what he's going through. I never disliked Jay. I just felt he was dishonest, for instance writing in his CEO Muscle book that he only gets his offseason calories from clean food by upping the precontest carbs and shit like that. But they all fudge the truth, so he's no worse than Ronnie (who claimed natural for years, etc.).

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2014, 11:12:17 AM »
I hope he does the Olympia this year.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2014, 11:20:48 AM »
He knows he won't win ever again. But if he drops out of contests, his guestposing revenue goes down because his exposure goes down. He's trying to stay in the spotlight, though to go by the lack of videos in the last 5 months + the obvious drop in size and personal domestic problems he had last year, it's hard to imagine what he's going through. I never disliked Jay. I just felt he was dishonest, for instance writing in his CEO Muscle book that he only gets his offseason calories from clean food by upping the precontest carbs and shit like that. But they all fudge the truth, so he's no worse than Ronnie (who claimed natural for years, etc.).

i agree n it makes sense to me know after reading your post, i always thought ronnie was loaded with  cash  n was set for life. was does a mr olympia  make a yr? including the guest posing n appearences n stuff
R

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2014, 11:23:42 AM »
i agree n it makes sense to me know after reading your post, i always thought ronnie was loaded with  cash  n was set for life. was does a mr olympia  make a yr? including the guest posing n appearences n stuff
If we only count bodybuilding revenue, my guess is
$250,000 for the Mr. O (in 2013)
$3000-5000 per guestposing, so if you consider Jay at his peak did about 3-4 per month, that's 7-10k x 10 or so (2 months he'd stop for contest prep)
and the top sponsorships pay around 100-200k.
for a guy like Phil Heath, you're looking at about a million a year.
jay did dabble in real estate, but never clarified what that meant exactly. Residential? Commercial? How many properties? Full or joint ownership?
not to mention residential real estate is really bad in Vegas atm

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2014, 11:25:48 AM »
If any of these guys made enough to retire and move onto other things, they wouldn't be touring the country peddling their protein powders like Ronnie does with the RCSS line. BSN dropped him, so his police pension (about 80% of his final year income, so probably 65-70k or so), his contest/guestposing winnings, and supplement sales are his main income
but consider he bought a tour bus, bought a few luxury cars, travels on the road all year (paid out of pocket)
so their overheads are high. These guys spend a lot.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2014, 12:05:13 PM »
these current pics dont take anything from ronnie's greatness as one of the best ever.. he will always be 8X mr. olympia and nothing can change this.. but the question is why does he take pics now while he doesnt look good at all.. of cource he is not supposed to look anything close to his best but at least to look somehow decent if he wants to take pics.. but his physique now looks tired and torn.. so what is the point?!..

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2014, 12:06:54 PM »
these current pics dont take anything from ronnie's greatness as one of the best ever.. he will always be 8X mr. olympia and nothing can change this.. but the question is why does he take pics now while he doesnt look good at all.. of cource he is not supposed to look anything close to his best but at least to look somehow decent if he wants to take pics.. but his physique now looks tired and torn.. so what is the point?!..
Because great as he is he also suffers and always has suffered from body dysmorphic disorder. He sees himself as what he wants to be rather than what he is. Even at his peak of 325, he would do bicep curls while yelling that he needed to get them bigger. The psychological trauma of shrinking hasn't fully set in yet. I'm 150% convinced he's preparing to cycle heavily again and go back to his old size. It's his identity. And it will kill him.

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2014, 05:09:43 PM »
ALL bodybuilders suffer from BDD and are addicted to steroids

from the pro's to the gym rats to us getbiggers

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2014, 05:19:38 PM »
ALL bodybuilders suffer from BDD and are addicted to steroids

from the pro's to the gym rats to us getbiggers
Some more than others but yeah, image issues definitely affect the pros in the way they check themselves out every 5 minutes, in every gym mirror, and are constantly fretting that their arms aren't popping out enough, etc. Then you go to any gym and you see the same thing, I saw it just tonight with these four Arab guys on juice who were sizing each other up after every set. I suffer from it too. PIP.