Author Topic: 12-22-05: Melissa James: RIP, Pictures, Info  (Read 53443 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
12-26-05: Melissa James Pictures & Bio
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2005, 01:08:03 AM »
http://getbig.com/news/2005-04/122605melissa.htm

Melissa Ann James was born on March 23, 1977. Melissa's mom is named Maura, and she had a brother and a sister. Christopher Leavy, Melissa's uncle, was kind enough to provide us with some information below so we can know who Melissa was and it is much appreciated. It is also nice to know that the family does not blame the bodybuilding community for this tragedy at all, that it looks like an isolated event, and they are touched that a lot of people in the industry are expressing their condolences, well wishes and are offering to help them. More information on that in the near future.

Melissa grew up in Panama City, Florida, and was a smart student in high school. She was a cheerleader at A. Crawford Mosley High School, in Lynn Haven, Florida (right next to Panama City), but graduated one year earlier than scheduled, in 1994.

She then attended Gulf Coast Community College, taking courses in Business Administration. She went to college for two year, but didn't have a chance finish her degree. She had a yen for opening up her own dance studio, and she did, at age 19. Melissa loved to dance, and she had started taking dance lessons by age 7. She loved jazz and ballet classes, and during the time when her studio was open from 1996 to 2003, she was very well know in Panama City. She also choreographed her own dance routines.

Melissa cared a lot about the kids in the area. She offered, via her dance studio, scholarships to underprivileged kids to grammar school to learn dance with her. She also helped children with special needs.

Melissa also did a lot of local modeling, and some local commercials, usually in the summer when her dance studio was slower, as it was geared to be on the same track as the local schools. Melissa did promo work for Calvin Klein, Hawaiian Tropics, Gotcha clothing line, and a few others. She also did some television work on Beach TV (local Panama City channel), and was also on MTV. Also, Meliisa was an arena football cheerleader for one year.

Melissa was introduced to Craig in 1996 in Panama City by a common friend. They quickly hit it off and became friends. Melissa was very bubbly, and liked to talk to a lot of people about anything.

In late 2002, she moved out to Los Angeles for some promo work and other commercial work. She had hired other people to run the dance studio by then and had a partner in it. Melissa has not been an angel by any means, but she was impressed by the glitz and glamour of that type of world that was offered in Los Angeles. The parties, meeting the rich and the famous, the social crowds. But the family also thought and hoped that they were a good influence on her. They were business people, a prominent couple in the industry.

In 2003, when Craig & Kelly moved to Vegas, she moved to Las Vegas to be a personal trainer at whichever gym Craig was managing. When things didn't work out, she eventually moved back to Panama City.

In October 2005, she moved back to Vegas, as she was asked by Craig & Kelly to move there to assist in the opening of the Ice Gear sports clothing line. Melissa has going to manage the store for them. Melissa did eventually want to go back to school to finish her degree, and also to open up another dance studio for children and young adults again in the near future.

In December 2005, she was heading home to her Mom's house in New Jersey to spend the Holidays with her family. Her flight was on Tuesday night, December 13th, at 10:30pm. She never made the flight.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Melissa James: RIP & Info
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2005, 01:39:51 AM »
The death penalty works. Society has the right to choose the methods of dealing with violent criminal behavior. Generally we choose to put to death those that have committed the most heinous of crimes against humanity because we realize another fact: it is impossible to "rehabilitate" a demented criminal mind that has committed the worst against mankind. Given the mindset of some within the legal system to try to put round pegs into square holes (a.k.a. rehabbing the Charlie Manson's among the inmate population) it becomes necessary to rid society of the worst offenders.

In regards to innocent people being executed I do believe that in the past there have people who died having not committed the crime for which they eventually died for, however, very few if ANY "innocent", otherwise law abiding citizens have been executed. If you live a crime filled life then the chances of you ending up in the wrong place at the wrong time and paying a much heavier price for your life style is great. Pity the lifetime petty criminal who died having been accused of shooting a convenience store clerk.

Technology today all but ensures that those sentenced to die are indeed the perpetrators of the criminal act. Trying to make the argument that what may have happened in the past should therefore cause an end to societies right to invoke the death penalty is simple minded. In states like California the cost to house those on death row have sky rocketed simply because a liberal leftist plan to delay the penalty phase and then cry about the cost of implementing the death penalty.

Manslaughter or homicide? Guilty or innocent?

What guarantees are there that there are absolutely no flaws when someone is sentenced to be killed?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2005, 06:17:34 AM »
good morning america was just a rehash of reports
2 minutes in total if that.
CT and KR custody car ride
and showed pictures of melissa

working movie title:

CHEERLEADERS GONE BAD

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2005, 06:18:36 AM »
Our deepest condolences bigd.

:D Weee

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2005, 06:23:09 AM »
I am one of Melissa uncles. I just wanted to thank all of you who have shown support for our family, especially for my sister Maura. This tragedy has made this christmas a very sad one.We will soon post a picture of melissa.Once again thank you for your support.

RIP ...........Melissa

bigjay80

• Getbig II
  • Street Muscle
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2005, 07:19:42 AM »
I am one of Melissa uncles. I just wanted to thank all of you who have shown support for our family, especially for my sister Maura. This tragedy has made this christmas a very sad one.We will soon post a picture of melissa.Once again thank you for your support.
Our condolences to you and your family.....God bless you all....
JC

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!

knny187

• Getbig V
Re: 12-26-05: Melissa James Pictures & Bio
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2005, 08:57:36 AM »
I wonder if she was ever in San Diego....

she looks familiar

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 12-26-05: Melissa James Pictures & Bio
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2005, 09:00:17 AM »
Many of us think that we remember that she was at the 2003 Ironman show here in California.

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2005, 09:33:15 AM »
Bigd - You have my thoughts and prayers.

I just saw the Good Morning Amercia piece this morning before work and they did show a pic of Melissa and 1-2 lines of one of the interviews with her Mom. I hadn't read any of the boards in a few days because of Christmas/vacation but all of this is still shocking as hell....

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2005, 11:44:12 AM »
Big D,

I've been praying for you and your family since the day I got word of this tragedy.  I pray that God will restore some sense of peace to your sister, Maura.   Something like this is so devastating to all loved ones.  I'm so sorry for your entire family.  It's scriptural that even in the most devastating tragedies, God always reveals Himself to us in a positive way.  That's been and will continue to be my prayer for your family.

Colossus_500

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2005, 11:51:36 AM »
Quote from: datrout on December 26, 2005, 06:49:50 PM
The death penalty works. Society has the right to choose the methods of dealing with violent criminal behavior. Generally we choose to put to death those that have committed the most heinous of crimes against humanity because we realize another fact: it is impossible to "rehabilitate" a demented criminal mind that has committed the worst against mankind. Given the mindset of some within the legal system to try to put round pegs into square holes (a.k.a. rehabbing the Charlie Manson's among the inmate population) it becomes necessary to rid society of the worst offenders.

In regards to innocent people being executed I do believe that in the past there have people who died having not committed the crime for which they eventually died for, however, very few if ANY "innocent", otherwise law abiding citizens have been executed. If you live a crime filled life then the chances of you ending up in the wrong place at the wrong time and paying a much heavier price for your life style is great. Pity the lifetime petty criminal who died having been accused of shooting a convenience store clerk.

Technology today all but ensures that those sentenced to die are indeed the perpetrators of the criminal act. Trying to make the argument that what may have happened in the past should therefore cause an end to societies right to invoke the death penalty is simple minded. In states like California the cost to house those on death row have sky rocketed simply because a liberal leftist plan to delay the penalty phase and then cry about the cost of implementing the death penalty.

If you are interested check out the Department of Justice web site for stats on violent crime in states that actually facilitate the death penalty (like Texas).

Tre Said:
Yeah, yeah, whatever.   

The death penalty is this so-called "Christian" society's way of getting revenge. 

For the wages of sin is death.....people will always reap what they sow...wether it is good fruit or bad fruit...you reap what you sow

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Found a pic of Melissa...
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2005, 11:56:13 AM »

she was very beautiful....

knny187

• Getbig V
Re: Found a pic of Melissa...
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2005, 12:09:41 PM »
gee....great....you found the same picture thats been posted already a couple times on this board

::)

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2005, 12:11:46 PM »
Sorry Knny...i was trying to look everywhere on this site for Melissa's pic...I didnt know it was posted already. It was killing me trying to find out what she looked like.....I finally found the pic Ron put on one of the threads concerning this matter. Melissa looks like she has an athletic body....

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2005, 12:16:37 PM »
all you had to do is read the topics of the threads or check the main page of the board.

Ron has been updating information & news.

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2005, 12:19:41 PM »
Thanks for the info Knny....

Im the type of person that reads the thread but I usually dont backtrack or reread the thread once I have read it...I usually go to the latest post on the subject... hence the reason why I didnt know that Ron put Melissa's pic....

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2005, 12:24:07 PM »
gee....great....you found the same picture thats been posted already a couple times on this board

::)

Shut yo Knny you troll, Why did you click this link then? I for one had not seen a pic of Mellisa before the thread starter posted this pic.

Why do you have to go out of your way to be an asshole to someone who is trying to be informative?
shotgun on the team

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2005, 01:00:56 PM »
He's right-you supposedly have better things to do than be on this thread if you've already seen the pic.

Good that you posted it, we'd never have seen it otherwise.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2005, 01:19:09 PM »
He's right-you supposedly have better things to do than be on this thread if you've already seen the pic.

Good that you posted it, we'd never have seen it otherwise.

yeah....I would have never found it....

thanks

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2005, 01:33:06 PM »

Was she the girl at Titus' Olympia party? 

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2005, 01:46:09 PM »
Tre....I would think you knew more than me :)

Ive been on getbig for awhile now and red your posts from time to time...you seem to be very knowledgable on so many things...I was hoping that you knew and would post up some pics....

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2005, 01:57:52 PM »
she does have a fintess/athletic body...

240, do you know how the Titus's met the victim? Did they meet  from the training package that kelly and Craig were advertising on their sites months/years ago?

Is there a way that you can shed some light of this matter?  I know that Kelly would train people at a price and had clientelle to include Amanda Polk...was this woman one of her clients or Craig's?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2005, 02:01:02 PM »
she does have a fintess/athletic body...

240, do you know how the Titus's met the victim? Did they meet  from the training package that kelly and Craig were advertising on their sites months/years ago?

Is there a way that you can shed some light of this matter?  I know that Kelly would train people at a price and had clientelle to include Amanda Polk...was this woman one of her clients or Craig's?

no, they knew her from wayback.  Used to hang with her in Cali back in 2001 on.

She just moved to LV with them 3 months ago to help them out in getting Ice Wear off the ground.
www.freecraigtitus.com has the full MSNBC story

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2005, 02:01:23 PM »
I know that Kelly would train people at a price and had clientelle to include Amanda Polk...was this woman one of her clients or Craig's?

Craig's going to be looking for "a man to polk" himself soon.