Author Topic: Another squat question  (Read 6342 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Another squat question
« on: March 29, 2014, 05:52:07 PM »
Knee sleeves, the Rehband kind, thick blue ones...anybody ever squat with them on? I did back when I did more strongman stuff it seemed like it helped with support but not sure how much.
Ideas?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

falco

• Getbig V
Re: Another squat question
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 03:18:31 AM »
Some guys really need them to avoid knee pain, others don't. If it makes you lift more i don't know.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 04:07:30 AM »
it easily adds 5kg to your squat if not more

but the people that use them of course will argue it doesnt ::)

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 05:22:06 AM »

Lol! 5kg is serious busisness. :D

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 05:27:09 AM »
Lol! 5kg is serious busisness. :D
it is

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 01:44:45 AM »
I'm loving these hookgrip sleeves. Thin but they provide good compression and heat and feel real good. They aren't neoprene and not anywhere near as thick as the Rehband sleeves but you also dont get all that bunching on the back of your hammy and calf. If you need more support just wear wraps.

You'll notice china's weightlifting team wears them.

http://store.hookgrip.com/shop/hookgrip-knee-sleeves/

A

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 01:25:22 PM »

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 01:28:54 PM »

I have 2 kinds of knee sleeves.  some basic sleeves that don't offer support and the super heavy knee sleeves from EFS.  the super heavy ones may give you 5-10 lbs.

those rehband knee sleeves aren't going to give you anything other than to keep your knees warm and maybe a mental advantage of feeling like they're giving you some support.  let's put it this way if you can have them on and still kick your heel to your butt, they're not giving you any real support. 

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 01:36:54 PM »
5-10 lbs is it worth it ? never used them but i would if i had an old injury or if doing Maximum lifts like Chaos in say a competition

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 03:35:14 PM »
I HEARD THIS LIE SO MANY TIMES

keep fooling yourself

all I know is im completely indifferent about bringing them out to my garage on squat day.  I've never felt a difference.  maybe the ones you're thinking about are thicker versions.  let's put it this way.  I can stick my forearm through the top and have it come out the bottom EASILY.  if you can't do that, they're giving you some support.  if you can, they're not.

now the super heavy ones from elitefts are a completely different story.  the first time I used them I had to wait an hour for my wife to get home to help get them off of me. 

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2014, 05:42:36 PM »
you are in denial like most neoprene sleeve dependant lifters

i wont continue argueing with you

fuck it

how do you get "neoprene sleeve dependent lifter" from the sentence "i'm completely indifferent about bringing them out to my garage on squat day"?

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2014, 05:49:47 PM »
you are in denial like most neoprene sleeve dependant lifters

i wont continue argueing with you

fuck it

I tend to think there's someone at your gym who squats more than you and they wear knee sleeves.  so now this has become your new thing. 

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2014, 06:28:20 PM »
I have 2 kinds of knee sleeves.  some basic sleeves that don't offer support and the super heavy knee sleeves from EFS.  the super heavy ones may give you 5-10 lbs.

those rehband knee sleeves aren't going to give you anything other than to keep your knees warm and maybe a mental advantage of feeling like they're giving you some support.  let's put it this way if you can have them on and still kick your heel to your butt, they're not giving you any real support. 
I don't think I can kick my own butt with those sleeves on. :-\
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2014, 06:40:51 PM »
I don't think I can kick my own butt with those sleeves on. :-\

yeah then they're giving support.  my loose ones I can put my hand through one side and out the other.  they just keep my knees warm. 

I wouldn't sweat it.  just squat in what makes you feel comfortable and safe. 

and as for the guy above me posting his rant on fucking KNEE SLEEVES, I've never met anyone who was even remotely strong who quibbled about something like KNEE SLEEVES.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 07:49:36 PM »
yeah then they're giving support.  my loose ones I can put my hand through one side and out the other.  they just keep my knees warm. 

I wouldn't sweat it.  just squat in what makes you feel comfortable and safe. 

and as for the guy above me posting his rant on fucking KNEE SLEEVES, I've never met anyone who was even remotely strong who quibbled about something like KNEE SLEEVES.

Not sure what putting my hand through the sleeve has to do with it. I wear the largest size they offer I hope my hand fits. ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2014, 09:13:57 AM »
Not sure what putting my hand through the sleeve has to do with it. I wear the largest size they offer I hope my hand fits. ;D

i'm just illustrating how loose they are.  they're not giving support if they're loose enough that you can stick your hand through it. 

my elitefts super heavy knee sleeve I can barely stick a finger through it.  that's how tight they are.  the first time I wore them I literally could not get them off without help.  I can now because I broke them in but they're still tight as all hell.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2014, 11:22:20 AM »
i'm just illustrating how loose they are.  they're not giving support if they're loose enough that you can stick your hand through it. 

my elitefts super heavy knee sleeve I can barely stick a finger through it.  that's how tight they are.  the first time I wore them I literally could not get them off without help.  I can now because I broke them in but they're still tight as all hell.
Do you mean while you're wearing them? Shit I can't even get a finger in mine when they are on.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2014, 12:19:08 PM »
Do you mean while you're wearing them? Shit I can't even get a finger in mine when they are on.

yeah while they are on.