Author Topic: question for all the "no carbs" folks...  (Read 11516 times)

gatts

• Getbig II
Re: question for all the "no carbs" folks...
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2014, 06:08:06 AM »
Yes, it's the smarted decision and it's more natural for the body. When dieting, consistency is key. Not just for the end result but also for reducing gland production fluctuations that in turn stir up emotions that fry the nervous system. My argument goes beyond the apparent.

But if you get ripped that way more power to you.

On stage, one needs to find a compromise: either ripped to the bone and a little smaller flatter or full big with less "rippedness". Not possible to have both. Personally I prefer sacrificing size for cuts in order to create a better illusion.
I agree 100% ripped and a bit flat will make you look much better on stage than "full but a bit blurred".

What people cant usually do is cheating in moderation. Most fellas tend to stuff theirselves with crap and it's not good. When i did that i felt kind of "poisoned" by all that inflammation brought by all the food...

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2014, 06:12:35 AM »
I agree 100% ripped and a bit flat will make you look much better on stage than "full but a bit blurred".

What people cant usually do is cheating in moderation. Most fellas tend to stuff theirselves with crap and it's not good. When i did that i felt kind of "poisoned" by all that inflammation brought by all the food...
Cheating is cheating for craving's sake. It has no benefit whatsoever to the process but a temporary stir up of the glandular balance as it was. The key is not cheating and a no carb diet is the most natural easiest way to do that. It is not the end of the world if one cheats. But we were discussing the IDEAL way to diet oneself in shape.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2014, 06:33:34 AM »
Different boards have different dogma trends. All it takes is 1 asshat and a bunch of retards looking for someone to follow... and BOOM... a guru is born.

Who's the asshat who started this keto straight up forever. Dish the dirt  >:(
S

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2014, 06:42:49 AM »
Who's the asshat who started this keto straight up forever. Dish the dirt  >:(
Many including me advocate keto... but MY version of it... saying "no carbs" isn't saying much about it.. I am very specific with the ratios weight and sources.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2014, 06:43:00 AM »
Cheating is cheating for craving's sake. It has no benefit whatsoever to the process but a temporary stir up of the glandular balance as it was. The key is not cheating and a no carb diet is the most natural easiest way to do that. It is not the end of the world if one cheats. But we were discussing the IDEAL way to diet oneself in shape.

Since the glycogen stores in the liver and muscles are depleted, carbohydrates go straight to refilling them, instead of being added to the body's fat stores, this occurs when there's excess. Hence on refeed day if one does not over eat and maintain a medium portion of carbs this will prevent going too flat if the goal is to maintain muscle mass. I never notice fat gain when I refeed, infact the next morning I feel solid and muscles feel full yet the skin is tight, a refeed boosts metabolism as well which slows right down with a deficit of calories and energy sources for 5 days.

What people fail to understand is that we're all different, in a metabolic way as well as a psychological way. A blanket fits all type of dieting is not the answer

BTW my protocol is 5/6 days very low and one to two days carb refeed. At the beginning I only have one carb refeed.

Then again my goal is usually getting solid abs for a holiday, not a 4% bf....cos going from arounf 7/8% to 4% is a totally different game.
S

Simple Simon

« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2014, 06:53:20 AM »
Since the glycogen stores in the liver and muscles are depleted, carbohydrates go straight to refilling them, instead of being added to the body's fat stores, this occurs when there's excess. Hence on refeed day if one does not over eat and maintain a medium portion of carbs this will prevent going too flat if the goal is to maintain muscle mass. I never notice fat gain when I refeed, infact the next morning I feel solid and muscles feel full yet the skin is tight, a refeed boosts metabolism as well which slows right down with a deficit of calories and energy sources for 5 days.

What people fail to understand is that we're all different, in a metabolic way as well as a psychological way. A blanket fits all type of dieting is not the answer

BTW my protocol is 5/6 days very low and one to two days carb refeed. At the beginning I only have one carb refeed.

Then again my goal is usually getting solid abs for a holiday, not a 4% bf....cos going from arounf 7/8% to 4% is a totally different game.

Sev has no idea what you're talking about now, that may has well have been in hieroglyphics.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2014, 06:59:45 AM »

You are preaching to the choir. Besides trying myself any type of dieting for the past 20 years, I also transformed over 400 people from professional athletes to regular folks. I have experimented with everything.

But for example, you never got into contest shape (random assumption). You want to stay full for the beach and maintain a beach body. Different goal.

To me, in these types of discussions all that matters is how one presents himself on stage on that particular day.

So I do understand you based on your goal. But then, what exactly are you asking? You contradict yourself. See what I mean?

Simple Simon

« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2014, 07:01:04 AM »
I also transformed over 400 people from professional athletes to regular folks.

Lol, turning athletes into regular folks.
You set them a fine example Sebastian.

Simple Simon

« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2014, 07:02:00 AM »
You are preaching to the choir. Besides trying myself any type of dieting for the past 20 years, I also transformed over 400 people from professional athletes to regular folks. I have experimented with everything.

But for example, you never got into contest shape (random assumption). You want to stay full for the beach and maintain a beach body. Different goal.

To me, in these types of discussions all that matters is how one presents himself on stage on that particular day.

So I do understand you based on your goal. But then, what exactly are you asking? You contradict yourself. See what I mean?

Totally alien concept to you, unless you are going to produce the photos.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2014, 07:08:05 AM »
I respect and agree with alot that TEMPER and gatts are saying in this thread but Sev has always backed up his claims on this forum and he has documented some VERY solid results with multiple clients on here. I would have to say the man definitely knows his shit when it comes to getting folks in really good shape.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2014, 07:10:01 AM »
Totally alien concept to you, unless you are going to produce the photos.
7 years ago I believe, there was the Mr Getbig contest. I wanted to enter but that kunt CQ and the homo Mindspit did not allowed me to enter because I admitted in the past to taking steroids. Long story short, I wanted to make an experiment.. to enter the contest prepping myself without steroids or fatburners..just moderate training and diet. I did that and posted the pics anyway even though I was "not included". I figured with competition like Adonis I could do very well even clean because of my shape.

So I basically tried everything... classic on stage shape with everything, clean dieting to 6%, etc etc... many years and a lot of experience. I trained everyone and every type. Not justifying myself but you are a little kid to me even though you are 50. Pick 10 years of my life and you'd kill to be me. I am just awesome like that Mr Pink Gstrungoncock

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2014, 07:11:45 AM »
WHAT KYOMU? YOU MEAN THE OBESE MIDDLE AGE WOMEN IN MY OFFICE ARE ACTUALLY SECRETLY EATING WHOLE TUBS OF PRINGLES AND COOKIES EVERY NIGHT, WHILE MAINTAINING THE FACADE OF 'COUNTING POINTS' DIET SYSTEMS IN THE OFFICE, AND THE LETTUCE AND EGG SALAD THEY HAVE FOR LUNCH IS JUST A COVER UP?

Is there anything more disgusting than having to go into the lunch room to grab my chicken and broccoli from the fridge to see 6 300+ pound whales pretending to eat healthy with thier 2500 calorie super large Jamba Juice smoothie in one hand and their 2000 calorie subway sub in their other.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2014, 07:14:36 AM »
Is there anything more disgusting than having to go into the lunch room to grab my chicken and broccoli from the fridge to see 6 300+ pound whales pretending to eat healthy with thier 2500 calorie super large Jamba Juice smoothie in one hand and their 2000 calorie subway sub in their other.
LOL...

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2014, 07:43:04 AM »

I'm not contradicting myself, I am just leaving a window open and trying to be open minded instead of the usual closed and stubborn opinions "lets see who shouts louder" kind of argument.

I personlly believe that your diet concept for a competing bodybuilder is OTT i.e. going keto for many months straight would leave one emaciated and flat come contest day. Glycogen plays an extremely important part in muscles and going vritually without is not a good idea unless you're aiming to be like that helmut Strebl.

I don't doubt your client achievement claims, however, if you managed a heavier bodybuilder with substantial mass which must be sustained carefully, things could go badly wrong come stage day.

S

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2014, 07:44:10 AM »
And thanks for posting the pic sev  8)
S

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2014, 07:49:47 AM »

EXACTLY!!!!

I'm 'healthy eating' this month. So i'm just going to have that 'lighter choices brand' sandwich (400kcals) a large smoothie (500 kcals) a pack of 'light' crisps (100kcals) a banana (100 kcals) and a 'fat free' packet of jelly beans (250 kcals)........WOW I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER WHEN I'M ONLY EATING OVER 1200 KCALS FOR MY LUNCH ALONE WITH ABOUT 450 GRAMS OF CARBS!!!!!!!!!!! HMMMMMM WHAT SHALL I HAVE WHEN I GET HOME FOR MY HEALTHY DINNER?????? I KNOW!!!!!!!!! 3 JACKET POTATOES WITH CHEESE AND A SLICE OF CUCUMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2014, 07:53:22 AM »
I'm not contradicting myself, I am just leaving a window open and trying to be open minded instead of the usual closed and stubborn opinions "lets see who shouts louder" kind of argument.

I personlly believe that your diet concept for a competing bodybuilder is OTT i.e. going keto for many months straight would leave one emaciated and flat come contest day. Glycogen plays an extremely important part in muscles and going vritually without is not a good idea unless you're aiming to be like that helmut Strebl.

I don't doubt your client achievement claims, however, if you managed a heavier bodybuilder with substantial mass which must be sustained carefully, things could go badly wrong come stage day.

But you claim that one needs to use carbs to come in shape onstage. I claim one does not need them for a great shape at any weight. Done it and seen it. I feel that no serious bodybuilder or contest prep guru would argue me on this one.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2014, 07:56:26 AM »
But you claim that one needs to use carbs to come in shape onstage. I claim one does not need them for a great shape at any weight. Done it and seen it. I feel that no serious bodybuilder or contest prep guru would argue me on this one.

When I competed in the mens light heavy, I couldn't use any carbs for 3 months.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2014, 08:30:45 AM »
its not so complicated,the more shredded you are the more often the body gonna need or get away with a carbo load.

when one is plain fatto, he dont need any carboloading whatsoever.

to get the last bit fat off, not doing it is better.

most ppl arent anywhere near lean enough to justify a carbo loading, though.

how would i know, well i been there havent i
n

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2014, 08:37:36 AM »
Ok fuck it then, I'm going no carb all the way and will see how I fare.

I started dieting on Sunday, and was planning a refeed Friday, that's out the window now.

Will let you know how it goes.
S

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2014, 08:38:57 AM »

I started dieting on Sunday, and was planning a refeed Friday, that's out the window now.

Bye  ;D

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2014, 08:42:04 AM »

can also cycle the carbs , just takes a slight bit longer to get there.

n

Simple Simon

« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2014, 08:54:41 AM »
I dieted last year with 3 days very low carb then a carb meal on the 4th day , low carb again day 5 then sat, sun off, eating what I liked but stayed close to maintenance cals then back on low carb Monday

Came down 30lbs in 14 weeks
Last 3 weeks were stricter regarding foods but went higher in cals as I was severely depleted.
Weighed in at around 200lb onstage.

Next time Im going to eat a higher ratio of carbs.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2014, 09:37:27 AM »
I dieted last year with 3 days very low carb then a carb meal on the 4th day , low carb again day 5 then sat, sun off, eating what I liked but stayed close to maintenance cals then back on low carb Monday

Came down 30lbs in 14 weeks
Last 3 weeks were stricter regarding foods but went higher in cals as I was severely depleted.
Weighed in at around 200lb onstage.

Next time Im going to eat a higher ratio of carbs.
SEEMS SIMPLE...SIMON..

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2014, 10:17:00 AM »
Are you a skinny bitch how the hell can a man survive on a breakfast like this.

Haha I don't like breakfast. It's not hard to survive on this if you eat 3 more meals throughout the day and evening.

Yes I am pretty skinny, think natural and lean.

Thing is, I could eat more but when it manifests as fat around the stomach area I'd rather be skinny.