Author Topic: question for all the "no carbs" folks...  (Read 11350 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: question for all the "no carbs" folks...
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2014, 04:45:36 AM »
yes, wtf do you just slap all that shit on a plate?

how can you stomach it, honestly?  how do you prepare it?  that's not a meal, it's just a random mish mash of shit.
[/b]
ROFLMAO!!!!

They just love pointless sadomasochism. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2014, 04:47:02 AM »
see these are the details that make all the difference,

but people usually leave them out ???
Walden Garbage= Flavored Water with a little bit of Gelatin mixed in.   I can`t believe people even buy that stuff.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2014, 04:47:57 AM »
I don't count calories.  I just eat what I want-ate a package of bacon for dinner tonight just for the fuck of it. 
A package of bacon is not many calories at all.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2014, 04:50:07 AM »
When I diet, I diet no carbs.. here's about 3-4 days worth of food
All of those vegetables are carbs.  Hope this helps.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2014, 05:06:37 AM »
All of those vegetables are carbs.  Hope this helps.
no..all of them have the lowest carb content... I know what I am doing.. maybe you could google their nutritional info and document yourself before opening your mouth (as usual).. and also to stay in ketosys you can have up to 30g of carbs a day at most .. I average 20-25 due to trace carbs in my greens

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2014, 05:14:40 AM »
my breakfast today

2 cups of coffee

one piece of crisp bread with butter

couple of spoons of yoghurt

ca 10 tea spoons of fruit puré

ca 10 cashew nuts

an egg white

The picture of that guy is cracking me up!

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2014, 01:53:34 AM »
The picture of that guy is cracking me up!

The turkish yoghurt guy? ;D

Funny story, he was put on the box unknowingly by the diary company, but he was actually greek and got mad. He sued them for 50 million Swedish crowns. But I think they settled and now they're selling greek yoghurt too lol

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2014, 03:17:44 AM »
Yeah I eat plain.  Bowls of ground beef.  Bowls of scrambled eggs, 7 hardboiled eggs at a time, snack on cheese throughout the day.  Drink Whey protein throughout the day.  If I go to a restaurant I eat steak and hot wings.  

Don't know what to say really I just eat it.   I drink a shit load of fresca and eat sugar free jello by the pounds to get my sweet fix as well.

People won't tell you, but I bet you smell like satans asshole eating like this. No green veggies or salads??

Mrdibbs

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2014, 06:30:53 AM »
Tried keto for 3 weeks. Constant sugar cravings, had the feeling i had to shit continuously however with little succes.

It works like a charm though; pissed out around 10lbs of water (and lost some fatt), looked my best ever. The downsides of constant sugar craving and not being able to shit make it hardly maintainable for the long term.

the trainer

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2014, 06:34:40 AM »
my breakfast today

2 cups of coffee

one piece of crisp bread with butter

couple of spoons of yoghurt

ca 10 tea spoons of fruit puré

ca 10 cashew nuts

an egg white

Are you a skinny bitch how the hell can a man survive on a breakfast like this.

gatts

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2014, 06:49:09 AM »
Don't have pics but i weight all my meals so i know exactly how much i eat:

Meal 1: 5 whole omega 3 eggs + 10g coconut oil

Meal 2: 250g egg whites + 75g natural peanut butter

Meal 3: 200g white fish + 15g olive oil + 15g coconut oil + spinach (as much as i want)

Meal 4: 250g egg whites + 70g cashew butter

Meal 5: 200g salmon (wild caught) + 20 g olive oil + spinach

Meal 6: 250g egg whites + 60g almond butter

I do this 3 days. On forth day last meal is carb up meal. generally 200-300g carbs with some fats

I like Palumbo, Blp, Disgusted and Meadows approach in regards to nutrition. I mix some of their ideas...

I like different sources of fat to make sure i have all my essential fatty acids. Nuts are very healthy and got lots of micronutrients that can help your system to work properly. Including nuts you will have trace carbs so is not a "no carb" diet at all

My macros are something like this: 250g protein 200g fat 30g carbs

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2014, 06:52:42 AM »
what's the point in eating 3 days no carbs and 300g on the fourth? how about eating 100g a day? or go no carbs at all without "carb ups"

carb ups are another way of saying the forth day I'm fucking starving and I wanna eat some carbs

stay on zero carbs.. 4th day through the 7th at most is where you feel uneasy about it... after that it's smooth sailing.. no cravings, no carb ups no need to cheat and so forth.. plus the fat is burned much more efficient without the carbs or cheat days

try it

gatts

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2014, 07:01:59 AM »
what's the point in eating 3 days no carbs and 300g on the fourth? how about eating 100g a day? or go no carbs at all without "carb ups"

carb ups are another way of saying the forth day I'm fucking starving and I wanna eat some carbs

stay on zero carbs.. 4th day through the 7th at most is where you feel uneasy about it... after that it's smooth sailing.. no cravings, no carb ups no need to cheat and so forth.. plus the fat is burned much more efficient without the carbs or cheat days

try it
Good point. I don't feel tired on my low carb diet contrariwise i fell very energetic and i not only can burn fat but stay at the same weight maybe add a few kgs so that means i'm growing lean. The "carb up" have a good effect on me speeding up my metabolism. Some people say that carb up could even be more powerfull than thyroid hormone supplementation...
But i could try to do more than 4 days on low carb... And to be honest i don't like the clean carbs taste at all. Nuts and oils are much more tasteful...   

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2014, 07:25:09 AM »
for the last two months now , chicken and asparagus, beef and asparagus, fish and asparagus, kale salads, lots of raw broccoli and cauliflower.  Don't miss carbs at all

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2014, 07:33:16 AM »
for the last two months now , chicken and asparagus, beef and asparagus, fish and asparagus, kale salads, lots of raw broccoli and cauliflower.  Don't miss carbs at all
Looks like a lot of carbs in that diet to me.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2014, 07:35:37 AM »
Looks like a lot of carbs in that diet to me.

Per spear

Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g

0%

Dietary fiber 0.3 g

1%

Sugar 0.3 g

So about 30 or so spears = 18 grams a day.  Not bad at all.

Pork_Chop

• Getbig III
  • Registered since 2003
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2014, 08:06:31 AM »
Chicken garlic and white wine with a stuffed mushroom.

Butcher's special sun-blushed tomato sausages and mushroom/onion omelette

Herb chicken with cauliflower cheese (mashed up like potato)

A zero sugar jelly and full fat cream is a nice desert, or even zero sugar diabetic chocolate.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2014, 08:12:12 AM »

Herb chicken with cauliflower cheese (mashed up like potato)

mashed cauliflower >>>>>>>> mashed potatoes.

so fucking good.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2014, 08:39:58 AM »
Per spear

Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g

0%

Dietary fiber 0.3 g

1%

Sugar 0.3 g

So about 30 or so spears = 18 grams a day.  Not bad at all.
PER SPEAR HUH?,,how about if you eat out Britney spear is that ok'carb wise'

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2014, 08:49:54 AM »
Breakfast - Atkins Protein Shake
Lunch - Chicken and Green Beans (You can get cheap rotisserie chickens from Sam's Club $5)
Dinner - Tuna with a couple ritz crackers and small bit of ranch (each cracker has about 1g carb)
Post Workout - Atkins Protein Shake
Evening - Eggs and sausage with cheese

This is roughly what a typical day would look like.  Of course, the meals may change order, or slight differences depending on mood.  Sometimes I cook up ground beef in a skillet.  I mash it up like hamburger helper and add some spices.  Tastes great.  Add in some vegetables with the ground beef and you have a meal.

Sugar free jello is a good desert if you feel like you need it.  Pickles are a good snack because <1g carbs.  You can have salads with dressing on them as long as you don't add too much dressing.  I normally use ranch.  The atkins protein shakes taste great and satisfy the need for something chocolate tasting.  If I'm feeling like cheating I might eat some cocoa almonds, which again are another good chocolate replacement.  Don't go crazy on the mixed nuts or almonds though.  I've noticed they don't hurt the diet, but can slow down the progress.

The first three days of a no-carb diet you should be super strict in order to get into ketosis.  After that, trace amounts of carbs are fine and you will continue to stay in ketosis.  You can use the keto pee strips if you doubt this.  Lots of green vegetables are fine, cheeses, even some almonds here and there, etc. 

There are other ways to lose weight, BUT medically speaking, ketosis is pretty much the fastest route because it turns your bodies fuel for energy into soley your fat stores. 

I'm not currently on the diet, but plan to start it again soon this Spring.  If you need any food ideas, feel free to PM me.  There is a lot you can do with the keto diet.

You really like those Atkins shakes, eh? Are they made from good protein sources (whey isolate or something)? I know Atkins bars are by far the worst protein bars you can possibly buy. They won't keep you in ketosis and have use soy as the protein source instead of whey. They taste incredible, don't get me wrong, but I don't understand how they can be considered "Atkins" when they don't follow the low carb ideal.
What do you think of Quest/Victory bars who claim to have under 8g of carbs/bar?
I am similar to you in the sense that I don't follow a ketgenic diet year round, I let loose around November/December and pick it back up mid February, but I don't stay on keto the whole summer either, I like carb cycling or even doing that Keifer thing where you eat carbs with the last meal of your day and/or post-workout. Worked very well for me last summer, I ate chocolate bars, cereal, rice, pasta, etc... and didn't gain any significant fat, in fact my muscle seemed fuller all the time this way. But then I fell off the wagon completely in Dec and decided to "bulk"  ::) .

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2014, 09:29:44 AM »
Good point. I don't feel tired on my low carb diet contrariwise i fell very energetic and i not only can burn fat but stay at the same weight maybe add a few kgs so that means i'm growing lean. The "carb up" have a good effect on me speeding up my metabolism. Some people say that carb up could even be more powerfull than thyroid hormone supplementation...
But i could try to do more than 4 days on low carb... And to be honest i don't like the clean carbs taste at all. Nuts and oils are much more tasteful...   
I disagree wholeheartedly. Carb ups are not carb ups but an excuse to eat carbs .. the end result is what matters. Being in shape.

Whe you stay on zero carbs a few weeks the body starts working like a machine if you know your nutrition. Burns fat efficiently and it's a powerful detoxifier.

Carbing up overstimulates the pancreas, fucks you up a for a little while, confuses the body etc... you need the same thing day in and day out then the body regulates intself as far as fat burning is concerned.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2014, 09:39:36 AM »
read the anabolic diet sev.  Some good research on no carb days with a carb up day.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2014, 09:46:12 AM »
read the anabolic diet sev.  Some good research on no carb days with a carb up day.
maybe for someone like you who has no clue what they are dealing with .. I speak from experience.. maybe THEY should read MY opinion on the matter not the other way around

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2014, 09:47:11 AM »
maybe for someone like you who has no clue what they are dealing with .. I speak from experience.. maybe THEY should read MY opinion on the matter not the other way around

hahaha, so I'll take your advice over published research with proven results.  Yes, it is a bitch on your system but it works.