Author Topic: GMO FOODS  (Read 9879 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: GMO FOODS
« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2014, 07:18:41 PM »
adonis why arent you wasting your time studying electricty, i dont think its healthy to debate with people here about gmo there is valid argument for both sides, the best choice is to grow your own obviously
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2014, 07:32:24 PM »
Nothing is easier or cheaper than a $1 mcdouble toots
???

I can find a ton of things in the grocery store cheaper per calorie.

Also, there is a high correlation between obesity and poor people, people who receive food benefits from the government.  They can`t use their benefits at restaurants, but they can at the grocery store.  They are clearly getting the majority of their calories from the grocery store (just like the majority of non-poor people do).

What does this mean?  This means that the systematic demonzation of Fast Food is unfounded and steeped in pure ignorance.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2014, 07:46:13 PM »
???

Also, there is a high correlation between obesity and poor people, people who receive food benefits from the government.  They can`t use their benefits at restaurants, but they can at the grocery store.  They are clearly getting the majority of their calories from the grocery store (just like the majority of non-poor people do).

What does this mean?  This means that the systematic demonzation of Fast Food is unfounded and steeped in pure ignorance.

my advice dont bother yourself with these psuedo issues of the world, what matters is on a personal basis only, learn electricity, read stienmetz, jj thomas, . dont wast another hour or second explaining your case to someone about calories, poor people, government ect
A

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2014, 08:00:07 PM »
???

Don't argue with me. I learned this from a guy named Adam abeles and he taught me the mcdouble is king.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2014, 09:36:02 PM »
Don't argue with me. I learned this from a guy named Adam abeles and he taught me the mcdouble is king.
Oh thats right, he posted that article about how the Mcdouble is the most nutritious meal per/dollar spent.

Lulz.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2014, 09:41:06 PM »
Oh thats right, he posted that article about how the Mcdouble is the most nutritious meal per/dollar spent.

Lulz.
It is as far as fast food goes.  Pay attention Shockwave.  Lulz.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2014, 10:02:22 PM »
It is as far as fast food goes.  Pay attention Shockwave.  Lulz.

Yes.

Don't ever argue with me again.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: August 02, 2014, 10:03:17 PM »
Yes.

Don't ever argue with me again.
I don`t want to.  I want to love you.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #133 on: August 02, 2014, 10:10:35 PM »
Roger, did you march with the Liberals on this one?  Why are the anti-GMO people so fat and unhealthy looking?   ???

;D

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #134 on: August 02, 2014, 10:16:47 PM »
It is as far as fast food goes.  Pay attention Shockwave.  Lulz.
I don't remember the article making that distinction (fast food), I'm pretty sure it was that it was it was the most bang for the buck of any food throughout history?  ???

(Not trying to argue, but I think Chiro was right on this one man)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #135 on: August 02, 2014, 10:19:11 PM »
Title of thread was Re: Cheapest, most nutritious,bountiful food that has ever existed in human history.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/the_greatest_food_human_history_5bikMtD5ZJ50x1KMCyGfTJ

The greatest food in human history
In terms of cost-per-calorie, no locavore, organic veggie can compete with the McDouble

What is “the cheapest, most nutritious and bountiful food that has ever existed in human history” Hint: It has 390 calories. It contains 23g, or half a daily serving, of protein, plus 7% of daily fiber, 20% of daily calcium and so on.

Also, you can get it in 14,000 locations in the US and it usually costs $1. Presenting one of the unsung wonders of modern life, the McDonald’s McDouble cheeseburger.

The argument above was made by a commenter on the Freakonomics blog run by economics writer Stephen Dubner and professor Steven Levitt, who co-wrote the million-selling books on the hidden side of everything.

Mcdonalds mcdouble

Mcdonalds mcdouble

Dubner mischievously built an episode of his highly amusing weekly podcast around the debate. Many huffy back-to-the-earth types wrote in to suggest the alternative meal of boiled lentils. Great idea. Now go open a restaurant called McBoiled Lentils and see how many customers line up.

But we all know fast food makes us fat, right? Not necessarily. People who eat out tend to eat less at home that day in partial compensation; the net gain, according to a 2008 study out of Berkeley and Northwestern, is only about 24 calories a day.

The outraged replies to the notion of McDouble supremacy — if it’s not the cheapest, most nutritious and most bountiful food in human history, it has to be pretty close — comes from the usual coalition of class snobs, locavore foodies and militant anti-corporate types. I say usual because these people are forever proclaiming their support for the poor and for higher minimum wages that would supposedly benefit McDonald’s workers. But they’re completely heartless when it comes to the other side of the equation: cost.

Driving up McDonald’s wage costs would drive up the price of burgers for millions of poor people. “So what?” say activists. Maybe that’ll drive people to farmers markets.

For the average poor person, it isn’t a great option to take a trip to the farmers market to puzzle over esoteric lefty-foodie codes. (Is sustainable better than organic? What if I have to choose between fair trade and cruelty-free?) Produce may seem cheap to environmentally aware blond moms who spend $300 on their highlights every month, but if your object is to fill your belly, it is hugely expensive per calorie.

Junk food costs as little as $1.76 per 1,000 calories, whereas fresh veggies and the like cost more than 10 times as much, found a 2007 University of Washington survey for the Journal of the American Dietetic Association. A 2,000-calorie day of meals would, if you stuck strictly to the good-for-you stuff, cost $36.32, said the study’s lead author, Adam Drewnowski.

“Not only are the empty calories cheaper,” he reported, “but the healthy foods are becoming more and more expensive. Vegetables and fruits are rapidly becoming luxury goods.” Where else but McDonald’s can poor people obtain so many calories per dollar?

And as for organic — the Abercrombie and Fitch jeans of food — if you have to check the price, you can’t afford it. (Not that it has any health benefits, as last year’s huge Stanford meta-study showed.)

Moreover, produce takes more time to prepare and spoils quickly, two more factors that effectively drive up the cost. Any time you’re spending peeling vegetables is time you aren’t spending on the job.

Activists will go anywhere to wave the banner of caring and plant their flagpole of social justice right in the foot of the working class.

Forcing New Yorkers to pay unnecessary high prices, they’ve managed to keep Walmart out of the five boroughs of New York City. The City Council of Washington, DC, recently passed a bill, designed specifically to punish only Walmart, which would mandate a super-minimum wage to benefit a small number of employees while effectively placing a surtax on every Walmart shopper. (Walmart responded by saying it was canceling plans for three stores. The bill may yet be vetoed by Mayor Vincent Gray.)

Fuel prices, like food prices, disproportionately hit the poor, so do-gooders do everything they can to raise energy costs by blocking new fuel sources like the Keystone XL pipelines and fracking. And they are always up for higher gasoline taxes and regulating coal-burning energy plants to death.

If the macrobiotic Marxists had their way, of course, there’d be no McDonald’s, Walmart or Exxon, because they have visions of an ideal world in which everybody bikes to work with a handwoven backpack from Etsy that contains a lunch grown in the neighborhood collective.

That’s not going to work for the average person, but who cares if they go hungry because they can’t afford a burger anymore? Let them eat kale!

kyle.smith@nypost.com

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #136 on: August 02, 2014, 10:20:04 PM »
I don't remember the article making that distinction (fast food), I'm pretty sure it was that it was it was the most bang for the buck of any food throughout history?  ???

Adonis now knows to never again fuck with my cheeseburger game. It's tighter than a dolphin's butthole.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #137 on: August 02, 2014, 10:21:23 PM »
Adonis now knows to never again fuck with my cheeseburger game. It's tighter than a dolphin's butthole.
I think he's probably trying to make a different distinction.. You probably CAN buy way more calories for cheaper at a supermarket if you buy pure shit ingrediants on a single buy basis...

maybe. Not sure. $1 for 500 cals is hard to beat.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: August 02, 2014, 10:22:05 PM »

Of course you can`t put it up against every single food item available for purchase. (the article was accurate but somewhat tongue in cheek)  I could find many other options in lieu of a Mcdouble at a grocery store, especially with weekly specials.  I had pork shoulder the other day on special for 49 cents a pound, when its usually much, much, much more.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #139 on: August 02, 2014, 10:23:52 PM »
Of course you can`t put it up against every single food item available for purchase. (the article was accurate but somewhat tongue in cheek)  I could find many other options in lieu of a Mcdouble at a grocery store, especially with weekly specials.  I had pork shoulder the other day on special for 49 cents a pound, when its usually much, much, much more.

How am I supposed to ever learn if you keep posting contradicting information  ???

Fuck this, and fuck you, I'm going to study electricity.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2014, 10:24:37 PM »
How am I supposed to ever learn if you keep posting contradicting information  ???

Fuck this, and fuck you, I'm going to study electricity.
Its not contradictory though.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #141 on: August 02, 2014, 10:28:28 PM »
Its not contradictory though.

Bullshit.

Electricity.