Author Topic: Looking for a beter way  (Read 7944 times)

Unknown8471

• Getbig II
  • I will never be a memery
Looking for a beter way
« on: January 15, 2006, 12:59:21 AM »
I started body building a few weeks ago and i have already run it to a wall. my problem is that i know nothing about body building at all. ive been using a standerd training layout that my gym endorses but i dont think its right for body building.

anothere and far smaller isue is, how do you track your progress? ive been waying myself. but there must be a beter more acuret way of meashuring progers.

your help is apsheated

P.S. i have sevear dislexia so please parden the bad spelling.
unknown

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Looking for a beter way
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 03:26:43 AM »
get a personal trainer för a while. if you're serious about bb it will be worth the $$$.
as for monitoring your progress, get a journal and write down your lifts. keep track on getting stronger.
Z

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 11:14:40 AM »
Only prob with arnolds book 9from whatsomeone told me), is it not following his workouts? i.e. 6 days a week??

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 11:20:48 AM »
go to www.ast-ss.com

and sign up for the MAX-OT program, its free and will tell you everything you need to know

body88

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 02:44:02 PM »
Read Arnolds book

Just dont try to follow the workouts

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 04:20:34 PM »
yes i love that book
bodybuildersreality.com

Unknown8471

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 12:46:59 AM »
thanks for all the advice.

if you have eanything more to say your advice is apresheated
unknown

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2006, 03:12:08 AM »
well how old are you? how tall? what's your weight? are you lean or fatty?  that's a good start before giving any advice.

Unknown8471

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2006, 02:49:47 PM »
im 17, im 6"0, i way 230 lbs, and im slightly on the chuby side.
unknown

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2006, 03:02:08 PM »
slightly? if you're slightly on the chubby side you must have a lot of muscle.

Unknown8471

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 02:00:39 PM »
i have been training for football for the last two years and i built up a litle bit of mucle but not as much as i would have liked.
unknown

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2006, 03:24:40 PM »
I'm not crazy over personal trainers so not gonna tell you to go that way.I will say that you should try to get into shape by normal exercise for the moment.While doing this read & get info on bb'ing & the nutrition aspects that go w/it from any available resource you can find.This site itself is a start.Don't get too technical w/it however as bb'ing can make you crazy w/the routines/sets etc that goes w/it.Take everything you will learn & put it to use afterwards.

nestor

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2006, 06:11:15 PM »
Do juice and u'll think u are a bodybuilder lol ;)

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2006, 11:41:57 PM »
oh then go heavy. Get big! It's tough to give workout to someone you've never seen. i just know how guys like me need to train. i'm a former skeleton.

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 06:50:21 AM »
here are some good sites in my opinion:

http://www.t-nation.com/

http://www.charlespoliquin.net/

I like these sights since they tend have info a bit more geared toward people that are serious about training, nutrition ect. yet arnt interested in being a pro bodybuilder.  To me the info is a bit more realistic rather than picking up a flex magazine or muscle mag and reading the same old reshashed training info month after month. 

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2006, 12:35:21 PM »
Screw the scale.  The mirror and having your Body Fat measured by the same person every few months are the ways to see progress, not how much you weigh.  Diet 75% training 25% keep that in mind if your a natural.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Unknown8471

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2006, 01:34:23 PM »
at the moment i do plan on going natral.

speeking of diets what dose one eat to get biger whithout geting fat?
unknown

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2006, 01:36:10 PM »
protein is the only thing that builds muscle. you won't get too big if you're losing fat at the same time but you can add some lean mass especially when you start bodybuilding because the muscles aren't used to the work.

Unknown8471

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2006, 01:50:25 PM »
tell me about it im sore as hell.

protean, what foods have a lot of protean whithout a lot of extra fat?
unknown

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2006, 01:56:01 PM »
get a george foreman grill. you can cook any sort of meat on there and it doesn't have a lot of fat because most of the greese comes off. chicken breast, tuna, fish, eggs, lean beef, all that stuff has protein. also buy a protein powder. Optimum Whey Gold Standard is the best because it's very inexpensive and best quality for price. eat 4-6 small meals a day. limit the carbs and fats. not to the point that you feel depleated though.

Unknown8471

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2006, 01:58:18 PM »
normaly i eat what my parents cook. the protean pouder sounds like a good idea i think ill by some when i go out later.
unknown

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2006, 02:05:32 PM »
www.bestpricenutrition.c om   i just bought some.  with shipping and everything you get the 5 pound tub for 32 dollars. so eat what your parents cook but eat light and drink 2 small protein shakes a day.

Unknown8471

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2006, 02:13:13 PM »
this is going to sound odd but i have to do this kined of descretly my parents dont aprove of body building but i am good at beeing secretive it would be easer for me to keep my cover if i bout some from a store or somthing sounds like a lame excuse but its a problem i to deal whith.
unknown

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2006, 04:43:12 PM »
Really simple basics.  Eat i gram of protein per pound of body weight.
Spread those grams up into 6 meals, eating like @7:00, 10:30,1:15,3:30 and &:00PM  Eat only Complex Carbs.  Like Oatmeal, Brown Rice, Sweet Potato,
Whole Grains ect... for fats, and don't forget these, try for omega 3 6&9's  You can get these good fats from Salmon, Natural Peanut Butter, Olive Oil, Canola Oil.  Base Your diet on a Medetrian Style of eating and don't over due it with supplements.  A good Meal Replacement Powder will fulfill your mid day and mid afternoon meals, add 1 tsp. of glutamine, this is a favorite supplement of mine.  It will help you retain lean when dieting off fat.  Also take a tsp at bedtime.  Good research has shown it to realease Growth Hormone when you sleep faster than sleeping without it.  Get plenty of rest and cardio.  Train a good body split which should have you in the gym no more than 4 days a week and no longer than an hour.  Good luck and keep up informed as to how your training's going,  This is just my opinion and many diets work.  I diet people for a living so I kinda know what works and most of the people on here do to.  It's no big seceret.  That was long huh?
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Unknown8471

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2006, 10:40:50 PM »
thanks for yor advice it is much apreshiated when i get back from my trip on monday ill go out and buy some. i will keep you informed. i may start a progres thred in a week or so but i plan to keep this thread alive for a while. well thanks for the advivece ill check in again on monday.
unknown