Author Topic: 8.7 MILLION POUNDS OF CANCEROUS BEEF RECALLED!!!  (Read 1330 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
8.7 MILLION POUNDS OF CANCEROUS BEEF RECALLED!!!
« on: March 03, 2014, 07:41:08 AM »
8.7 MILLION POUNDS OF CANCEROUS BEEF RECALLED

Thank Goodness I gave up eating meat decades ago...

w

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
Re: 8.7 MILLION POUNDS OF CANCEROUS BEEF RECALLED!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 09:44:44 AM »
I don't get it... does eating cancerous meat give you cancer? If not then I don't really see the problem. Sure its kind of gross that you could get beef that has a tumor in it or something, and I agree with the investigation and shutting down the plant. The recall I can also see since it is a little gross, but what health impact does this have on humans who consume the beef?
Plus, if you're buying hot pockets and other processed garbage, I doubt you're worried about your health all that much anyway.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: 8.7 MILLION POUNDS OF CANCEROUS BEEF RECALLED!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 11:04:13 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/07/health/beef-product-recall/
The USDA had not received any reports of illness because of the recalled Rancho meat as of a statement issued in February. But the agency called it a "Class I recall," meaning it is a "health hazard situation where there is a reasonable probability that the use of the product will cause serious, adverse health consequences or death."

The wide range of products subject to recall included 30-pound boxes of beef lips, mountain oysters and sweetbreads, as well as 40-pound boxes of veal bones and 60-pound boxes of veal trim.
 :-X
: