Author Topic: Minor surgery when on the juice??  (Read 2253 times)

SUPREME BEING

• Getbig II
  • Bow down before thy!
Minor surgery when on the juice??
« on: March 01, 2006, 06:00:41 AM »
I am into 4th week of my cycle and may need to get some minor surgery done on my nose as can't really breathe through my right nostril. It is minor surgery but will require anesthetic so my question to you is:

'Can i go ahead with the surgery without disclosing any information of my cycle to the surgeon. What is the scientific explanation of how being on juice will affect my condition while having surgery (just for curiosity and learning purposes)?'

Any advice guys

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: Minor surgery when on the juice??
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 06:44:23 AM »
I would recommend that you tell the doctor what your taking. He's not going to tell on you or anything. I made the mistake about nine years ago not telling the doctor about how much I drank & how many drugs (college days) I took before a minor surgery & I woke up in the middle of it.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 08:07:56 AM »
OUCH!

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 03:57:26 PM »
I am into 4th week of my cycle and may need to get some minor surgery done on my nose as can't really breathe through my right nostril. It is minor surgery but will require anesthetic so my question to you is:
'Can i go ahead with the surgery without disclosing any information of my cycle to the surgeon. What is the scientific explanation of how being on juice will affect my condition while having surgery (just for curiosity and learning purposes)?'
Any advice guys

Tell your doc what cycle you're on just to avoid the drama.

It probably won't have any effect anyway.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

csmith8

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 04:25:56 PM »
Dude if i were I would get back to work at Nutrtion Depot. Hope you are alright buddy since i have not seen you in the shopin a while. Take it easy and get well.

BIG_O

• Getbig IV
  • Assumptions are the mother of all Fuck-ups.
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 02:37:50 PM »
Tell the surgeon!!

Doctor-patient confidentiality prevents anything from happening and he needs to know because of the bleeding/clotting issue when dealing with the sinus cavity.

SwingGuru

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 08:19:24 PM »
Agreed, I had surgery while on cycle, and I wouldn't clot up well at all.  On top of that they gave me 800 mg ibuprofen which only worsened the clotting factor. 
Well, bleeding out is one sure way to get rid of some of that increased RBC production.

I'd postpone surgery until after you are clean.

iron_dawg

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 09:46:52 PM »
tell you doctor all...don't be scared he can't do anything but help you...but expect a little speech

Custom_Built

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 10:00:12 PM »
tell you doctor all...don't be scared he can't do anything but help you...but expect a little speech

I just had a hernia operation and was on a cycle and told the doc straight up what I was doing. He said that there wasn't a problem. Actually he told me that it would help me heal faster..............
after all what does gear do? MAKES YOUR CELLS GROW FASTER! This doc was a bodybuilder, about 37 and knew alot about gear.

Soooooo............. There you have it!
That was my experance.
Custom Built