Author Topic: Anyone have a root canal?  (Read 5717 times)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Anyone have a root canal?
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2014, 08:09:29 PM »
Readers Digest about 15-20 years ago sent a guy to a Dental college to be examined. They told the magazine that he had one tooth that in on the border of needing work. With that they sent him to dentists across the country. From 5th ave Manhattan dentist and small town dentists they all had different diagnoses. Some said 8 teeth had to be worked on. Some said teeth on one side while others said the other side. In other words they were ripping people off trying to sell unneeded work.

When they bought this up to some dental association instead of saying there are a lot of scum bag crooks they said they were expressing their somewhat subjective opinion based on individual experience.

This leads me to root canals. 25-30 years ago I never heard of anyone getting one. They would just fill cavities. No one that I know of had any problem with that. Now I can't find anyone who goes to the dentist with tooth pain not getting a root canal. Filling cavities the dentist gets chump change. A root canal every half hour buys him a luxury car and big money to buy that amazing house. So do a filling for $250 or do a root canal for $1500 plus?

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2014, 08:13:42 PM »
Readers Digest about 15-20 years ago sent a guy to a Dental college to be examined. They told the magazine that he had one tooth that in on the border of needing work. With that they sent him to dentists across the country. From 5th ave Manhattan dentist and small town dentists they all had different diagnoses. Some said 8 teeth had to be worked on. Some said teeth on one side while others said the other side. In other words they were ripping people off trying to sell unneeded work.

When they bought this up to some dental association instead of saying there are a lot of scum bag crooks they said they were expressing their somewhat subjective opinion based on individual experience.

This leads me to root canals. 25-30 years ago I never heard of anyone getting one. They would just fill cavities. No one that I know of had any problem with that. Now I can't find anyone who goes to the dentist with tooth pain not getting a root canal. Filling cavities the dentist gets chump change. A root canal every half hour buys him a luxury car and big money to buy that amazing house. So do a filling for $250 or do a root canal for $1500 plus?

No, you're wrong I'm afraid. 25-30 years ago they used to pull that teeth. You only get a root canal if the tooth is beyond general fillings or repair work. You can either opt for a root canal or to pull the tooth.

I opt for a root canal in order to keep the tooth. And btw, my dentist offered to pull it out. Wasn't even going to charge me for that.

I went for the root canal

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2014, 10:18:11 PM »
I think most dentistry is just a cash grab. There should be no problems if you brush your teeth regularly.

I have had multiple friends get "wisdom teeth" removed. It's all about pain tolerance. I have had pain in my mouth before. I don't go running to the dentist. Most dentists will try to milk you for whatever procedure they see fit.

(Knock on wood) I have not seen a dentist in 18-20 years. My teeth are fine.

* Note: This statement does not apply to UK getbiggers. You guys have evolved shitty grills from birth.

If you have a compacted wisdom tooth and need it pulled, get them all pulled,thank me later. I know a lot of people that needed another one pulled, why go thru the recovery twice? One of them was my buddy's pregnant wife had to wait 6 months in pain cause she couldnt take meds till after the baby was born

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2014, 04:05:48 AM »
No, you're wrong I'm afraid. 25-30 years ago they used to pull that teeth. You only get a root canal if the tooth is beyond general fillings or repair work. You can either opt for a root canal or to pull the tooth.

I opt for a root canal in order to keep the tooth. And btw, my dentist offered to pull it out. Wasn't even going to charge me for that.

I went for the root canal

No,you're wrong. Almost any tooth can be saved unless you let it rot like someone from England. Very few teeth are pulled unless you live outside the US. Teeth they use to drill out and fill are getting root canals. Anyone who is 50 and older will back me up in how they never heard of anyone getting root canals of any age a short 25-30 years ago.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2014, 04:07:31 AM »
Sorry guys, i'm from the U.K - WTF is a 'dentist'?

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2014, 04:14:09 AM »

Dont you guys get your "teeth" worked on at the local hardware store/ lumberyard?

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2014, 04:15:28 AM »
Dont you guys get your "teeth" worked on at the local hardware store/ lumberyard?

I usually wait until the end of the car wash cycle, and poke my head out the sunroof to catch the big roller brush

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2014, 08:54:01 AM »

;D