Author Topic: Koch bros' fake "Obamacare victim" Julie Boonstra made to look even more foolish  (Read 3924 times)

bears

• Getbig IV
Have you really spent enough time on this to know that for sure?  

the point is that Obama said over and over and over that "if you have insurance nothing changes for you".  and nothing did......except for the mandates that Obama placed on our insurance companies that made the premiums skyrocket....so.......no thing changed except for the dramatic price increase?  why should we have to spend ANY time?  we were happy with our insurance before.  

the fact that the mandates were extended just leads me to believe that this administration doesn't want businesses like mine to see how much their premiums skyrocket until after election time.  there's no other good explanation.

bears

• Getbig IV
remember too that it was also stated over and over again that this wasn't a health insurance takeover.  so put mandates on health insurance companies forcing them into increasing premium prices and then go and offer plans with slightly lower deductibles and whenever you hear a complaint, point them in the direction of your health care insurance exchange.  I mean come on!  what else do you really call that?

but everyone conveniently forgets what was said in order to defend to the death their ideology. 

SCRUBS

• Getbig III
but everyone conveniently forgets what was said in order to defend to the death their ideology. 

The politicians count on it...

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
the point is that Obama said over and over and over that "if you have insurance nothing changes for you".  and nothing did......except for the mandates that Obama placed on our insurance companies that made the premiums skyrocket....so.......no thing changed except for the dramatic price increase?  why should we have to spend ANY time?  we were happy with our insurance before.  

the fact that the mandates were extended just leads me to believe that this administration doesn't want businesses like mine to see how much their premiums skyrocket until after election time.  there's no other good explanation.

Bump for RRKore.....

And they have the balls to call this the "Affordable Care Act"?

RRKore

• Getbig IV

"We were happy with our insurance before."  Really?  Who's "we"?   

Ugh, the more I think about that sentence the more it sucks. 

I can imagine landed whites in the old South saying "We were happy with slavery before".

I agree that ACA sucks but it seems like something had to be done about healthcare in this country for more than just a couple of reasons. 

Hopefully ACA is just a short-lived temporary step before single payer is adopted in this country.  I will vote for it, for sure.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
Bump for RRKore.....

And they have the balls to call this the "Affordable Care Act"?

Par for the course, isn't it?  Orwellian doublespeak names for gov't programs pretty much seems to be the norm.  At least since the GWB days, anyway.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Par for the course, isn't it?  Orwellian doublespeak names for gov't programs pretty much seems to be the norm.  At least since the GWB days, anyway.

lol yep.

I wasn't happy with health insurance before.   But its an over bloated system.  Just look at the cost compared to other countries.  It needed regulation that would overhaul the system gradually and make it more affordable and easier to get.

All they really did, was make it easier to get, but you pay through the nose now AND because of the regulations old cheaper policies that people were happy with got axed.

We got fucked.  no 2 ways about it.  Unless of course you make less than 45K per year.  Think about it.  For a $2000-$6000 deductible insurance a person making 50K per year, self employed, has to pay 10% or more of his income to Health insurance. 

How can anyone defend this?

Its gonna get worse too when the rest of the mandates hit.

bears

• Getbig IV
"We were happy with our insurance before."  Really?  Who's "we"?   

Ugh, the more I think about that sentence the more it sucks. 

I can imagine landed whites in the old South saying "We were happy with slavery before".

I agree that ACA sucks but it seems like something had to be done about healthcare in this country for more than just a couple of reasons. 

Hopefully ACA is just a short-lived temporary step before single payer is adopted in this country.  I will vote for it, for sure.

well wait a minute now.  Was I happy with my health insurance?  of course not.  I've been paying about $12,000 a year for the last 10 years of my life and don't use barely any of it with the exception of my kids being born.  but yeah I was happier than I will be when the mandates kick in and my premiums skyrocket. 

so yeah I've been overpaying while others get a free ride.  Hospitals don't turn anyone away.  but now i'm being asked to pay more when I was specifically told that NOTHING was going to change.   meanwhile there's still the same amount of people who are uninsured and the only thing that has changed so far is that the premiums went up for everyone who actually paid their health insurance.  and taxes went up for the same people too.  you know.... to cover the costs of putting the burden on them to pay for other peoples health care.  there is no argument that so far nothing good has come of Obamacare except the middle class has been burdened with more debt and more taxes.

I hope more than anyone that Obamacare proves all of its detractors wrong and that I can go to the exchange and get comparable health insurance for a lower price.  We'll see.