Author Topic: Motivational Posters / Images...Do They Work For You?  (Read 3038 times)

Pandemic

• Getbig IV
Motivational Posters / Images...Do They Work For You?
« on: March 16, 2014, 10:26:55 AM »
We've all seen them:  fitness-related images with corny mottos on them.  They're meant to be motivational, but I wonder, how many people get inspired / motivated by these things?  Pictures of fit men and women can be good for setting goals (yeah, I want to look like THAT!), but the text has never done anything for me, other than make me shake my head.

Getbiggers, do these posters help motivate you?

Melkor

• Getbig III
Re: Motivational Posters / Images...Do They Work For You?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 10:39:50 AM »
Not at all, those crappy one liners do nothing for me. This motivates me to crush it when training though:

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 01:10:41 PM »
I look at pictures of hot chicks on tumblr. Quite a few times, that has actually motivated me to work out when I was about to skip. I find the quotes that accompany them to be too soft though...."no matter how slow you run, you're still lapping everyone on the couch" etc

Actually that is a pretty good quote. But I find things like, "stop being a little bitch who lacks discipline" to be more motivating  :P
Can't really find that on tumblr.

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 01:15:20 PM »

Pandemic

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 01:49:44 PM »

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 01:52:53 PM »
Musical video montages of my favourite MMA fighters motivates me.

Pandemic

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 02:05:02 PM »
I look at pictures of hot chicks on tumblr. Quite a few times, that has actually motivated me to work out when I was about to skip. I find the quotes that accompany them to be too soft though...."no matter how slow you run, you're still lapping everyone on the couch" etc

Actually that is a pretty good quote. But I find things like, "stop being a little bitch who lacks discipline" to be more motivating  :P
Can't really find that on tumblr.

I agree with you on the "soft" quotes.   I also think you're right about "tougher" messages.  Unfortunately, people don't want to see a poster that says "You're a tub of goo, but your husband won't leave you because of the kids..." because it hits too close to home. 

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2014, 02:09:44 PM »
We've all seen them:  fitness-related images with corny mottos on them.  They're meant to be motivational, but I wonder, how many people get inspired / motivated by these things?  Pictures of fit men and women can be good for setting goals (yeah, I want to look like THAT!), but the text has never done anything for me, other than make me shake my head.

Getbiggers, do these posters help motivate you?

those posters say one thing to me

steroids work

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2014, 02:13:18 PM »

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 02:15:21 PM »
I don't understand how anyone who has been training for over a year could find this kind of clichéd shit motivational. :-\

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2014, 02:17:09 PM »
I hate them, they do nothing. Bunch of cliche lines makes me expend energy by getting irritated that I could pour into my biceps :)

For motivation I like to listen to Arnold talk in interviews, any interview.. His self assertedness is refreshing ang energizing.