Author Topic: Worried about my wrist.  (Read 4157 times)

Ringo

• Getbig I
Worried about my wrist.
« on: February 19, 2006, 12:27:19 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has had this problem.  At the end of last summer, I hurt my wrist somehow. The sides are fine, and when it's not bent its fine. But when I bend up, I have a pretty strong pain on the underside where my wrist/hand connects. I can work through it if I give it some rest, but sometimes it'll hurt for a couple of days at a time. Anyone had anything like this? I thought I had carple tunnel for a while...

bigstacks

• Getbig II
  • Bam!! You like that?
Re: Worried about my wrist.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 03:27:47 PM »
yeah dude i have had a problem like that for a while at the moment my hand feels really sore and when i clench a fist it feels like it dosn't feel like i can get a stong grip on anything. Also when i twist my wrist it feels like theres a whole lot of bone cracking and crunching going on
Chefy was here

Ringo

• Getbig I
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 04:11:32 PM »
Yea man, thats exactly me. I feel like I have no grip strength at all. I don't know what to do about it. And it really bothers me when I do curls. Good to know I'm not alone. Wonder what it is, though.

vwgti_vr6

• Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 09:01:51 AM »
take a few weeks off from doing any presses (shoulder or chest) as well as lateral raises (for delts) and curls

once the wrist is healed, start taping your wrists TIGHT with tape.
you can get the tape at the drugstore
i used cloth tape

i had the same problem.  Not until i did all this did the pain go away
give it a try

JackCheze

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 07:12:44 AM »
that last guy had good suggestions... but can you afford to go to a doc (one that knows exercise physiology?)

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 12:37:08 PM »
Most of the time wrist injuries occur because you "break" your wrists on curls or pulldowns. By breaking I mean the wrist doesn't stay in a fixed position, but because most guys want to believe they can curl more than they really can they use weights that their wrists bend to get the weight up instead of keeping them fixed. Go lighter and use good form.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 01:01:48 AM »
look up prolotherapy.  Works 100% of the time.