Author Topic: Feedback Request  (Read 4161 times)

Mark_Dugdale

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Feedback Request
« on: November 26, 2008, 02:39:41 PM »
I'm in the process of brain storming some ideas for a new DVD.  DRIVEN was my first shot at producing a "training" DVD and had a bit of a lifestyle angle to it.  A Week in the Dungeon was pretty much all about Dorian kicking my ass.  BEYOND DRIVEN (just released) is much more entertainment/reality focused as it looks at the physical and emotional hardships of competing at the professional level.

Joel Barham and I are thinking about making the next DVD with a NUTRITION focus.  Sure it will most likely have a bit of training, but more like Food Network meets A Week in the Dungeon with several cooking segments.  My question to all of you is what would YOU want to see in a nutrition DVD?  We were thinking about some food preparation segments on how to generally eat healthy to gain muscle and eliminate fat for the everyday, active, family-on-the-go; as well as more in-depth, pre-contest diet information based on what I do to get in shape for competition.

I'm hoping if this subject is of interest to anyone that you can let me know specifically what you would like to see... YOU are afterall my customer.  I don't have much time to frequent bodybuilding forums, so if you could email your suggestions to markdugdale@markdugdale.com I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks and train hard!
Mark

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
Re: Feedback Request
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 03:40:14 PM »
Mark, great to see you posting here on getbig. If you'd like to post as much as u want in this positive forum, we'd gladly welcome  your prescence ;D

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 03:47:47 PM »
hello mark
it is good to see u post
u are one of my favorites...you have quite the large fan base on east coast
in your video i would like to see the simple stuff-u cooking your food...spraying the cooking spray...mixing your shakes after workout...going out to eat and ordering off the menu..grocery shopping-eating cheat foods...food prep..i am 100% serious...we the fans like that kinda stuff

good luck and happy turkey day
Gene
w

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 07:21:08 AM »
Hey Mark, how about cooking "Jamie-Oliver-Style", that would be pretty cool, and one would get a nice view of how you cook your meals.

Other than that, some expert info would be great, most nutrition sections are only about the basics.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 08:34:42 AM »
Mark - A week in the dungeon is a great dvd. Combines my two favourite bb's training HIT. Very very good. Good to have you here. Prepare for insane amounts of people flaming you for no reason. Just ignore it.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 08:07:47 AM »
Welcome Mark!

Nutrition, supplementation(obviously you cant detail the special sups on dvd), tips on eating, prep, etc.

A day in the life thing is nice, but its usually staged, Im not asking for the Osbournes, but a real day.

Good to have you here, please stick around and share with us fans.

Has Beens

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 04:58:36 PM »
I would personally like to see how much food you consume in a 24 hour period. I think most on here would be shocked.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 05:28:26 PM »
I'm always interested in quick, easy-to-do meals, especially post-workout.  Stuff you can prep in 5 mins, or leave to cook while you have a shower, etc.  Also some tips on getting enough protein in during the day, any little additions to meals to bump the protein up.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents.  Thanks for posting, it's good to see pro's interacting with people.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 09:36:09 PM »
I think you should do something like War Of The Worlds Like Chick did, while you are getting ready for a contest.  Show your training, cardio, food prep ect.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 12:35:48 PM »
I would personally like to see how much food you consume in a 24 hour period. I think most on here would be shocked.

shocked in a "oh my god look how much he eats"  or a "damn that dude doesnt eat too much and he's still big as fuck" ???

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 12:40:54 PM »
Maybe a short segment on eating on the road, just a few minutes spent on it, nothing too elaborate.

Good to see you finally made it over to the positive board!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 01:12:10 PM »
"hasbeens" idea is pretty cool, i think.

Has Beens

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 05:44:17 PM »
shocked in a "oh my god look how much he eats"  or a "damn that dude doesnt eat too much and he's still big as fuck" ???

More in the terms of " look how much he eats ".

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 10:33:23 PM »

Seeing how hard Mark works, and with his amazing wife and three young children, I am extremely impressed on how he can stay in shape, and get in contest shape with a full time job.

In many ways, Mark is probably the hardest working bodybuilder on there on the pro levels.

A mix of that along with nutrition is cool.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 07:03:27 AM »
Fantastic idea and I can't figure out why it hasn't been done in depth by a pro yet. Shawn Ray did a bit in the Final Countdown, but to see it thought out and explained would be very informative.

Mark_Dugdale

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 09:34:39 AM »
Thanks guys, I sincerely appreciate all the feedback.  In discussing all the input I've received with Joel (my friend who films and edits the DVD's), he is suggesting a 180 degree turn from BEYOND DRIVEN.  Not so much reality-based/story-driven, but very fast-paced and information-packed.  I think there are a lot of things I do, nutritionally, that I wrongly assume is common knowledge.  Honestly dieting has been turned into rocket science by some folks and it's really pretty simple.  I hope to break down a full days nutrition as it relates to pre-contest and off-season, and unpack the nuts and bolts of why I eat what I eat and when I eat it.

Hope you all enjoyed the Thankgiving and the rest of the upcoming holidays... I'm dieting for the Ironman so not so much fun for me.

So, Ron, with Bob moving to FL does this mean the famous BOB BOWL will be removed from the menu at the Firehouse?  I'll looking to get me one after the Ironman, so I hope it stays on the menu.  :)

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 10:52:01 AM »
Thanks guys, I sincerely appreciate all the feedback.  In discussing all the input I've received with Joel (my friend who films and edits the DVD's), he is suggesting a 180 degree turn from BEYOND DRIVEN.  Not so much reality-based/story-driven, but very fast-paced and information-packed.  I think there are a lot of things I do, nutritionally, that I wrongly assume is common knowledge.  Honestly dieting has been turned into rocket science by some folks and it's really pretty simple.  I hope to break down a full days nutrition as it relates to pre-contest and off-season, and unpack the nuts and bolts of why I eat what I eat and when I eat it.

Hope you all enjoyed the Thankgiving and the rest of the upcoming holidays... I'm dieting for the Ironman so not so much fun for me.

So, Ron, with Bob moving to FL does this mean the famous BOB BOWL will be removed from the menu at the Firehouse?  I'll looking to get me one after the Ironman, so I hope it stays on the menu.  :)
I'm sure they will give you a Dugdale Bowl instead!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 05:01:39 PM »
Hope you all enjoyed the Thankgiving and the rest of the upcoming holidays... I'm dieting for the Ironman so not so much fun for me.  So, Ron, with Bob moving to FL does this mean the famous BOB BOWL will be removed from the menu at the Firehouse?  I'll looking to get me one after the Ironman, so I hope it stays on the menu.

Now that is an interesting question. Will the Bob Bowl be changed to a new name... people want to know.  Hey, next time we go to the Firehouse, I will ask that question. 

It must be hard dieting through the holidays, and with the Ironman in late January instead of middle February for the first time in years, how is that changing the thinking of competitors.

For those who don't know, the Bob Bowl is a mixture of rice, steak and onions mixed together, and is truly, very good.

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 05:58:45 PM »
i would like to see a little focus on how to prepare meals with a focus on us who work and can't sit around the house and just eat all day. It would be nice to see how many meals you prepare at one time and how you pack your meals for the day, what meals are better to pack e.g( maybe chicken is better to pack and eat later than fish) something like that maybe.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2008, 01:39:27 PM »

great idea mark, looking forward to the video :)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2008, 03:50:51 PM »
I enjoyed the video "a week in the dungeon"

Inspiring stuff. Makes you wanna hit the gym. Hard.

:)
Z

marcos chacon

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • a muerte !
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2008, 06:51:21 AM »
all the best from spain mark!! i enjoyed your dvd, many thanks!!!

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2009, 09:56:19 PM »
Now that is an interesting question. Will the Bob Bowl be changed to a new name... people want to know.  Hey, next time we go to the Firehouse, I will ask that question. 

It must be hard dieting through the holidays, and with the Ironman in late January instead of middle February for the first time in years, how is that changing the thinking of competitors.

For those who don't know, the Bob Bowl is a mixture of rice, steak and onions mixed together, and is truly, very good.

Do you know if they are using horse meat for the steak Ron...And can you get extra MSG with it?

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2009, 08:17:37 AM »
They need to get rid of the flank steak........ it is like eating a shoe!

Keep the Bob Bowl on the menu @ The Firehouse..... but change the steak to New York strip!

Mark, I look forward to the release of your training DVD. I also hope to see you performing cardio and preparing your meals and just giving the viewers a chance to see what life is like for you outside the gym. I would love to see some footage of your training with Dorian @ Temple Gym.