Author Topic: No reporters will accompany Michelle Obama to China  (Read 1814 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: No reporters will accompany Michelle Obama to China
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2014, 10:33:47 PM »
ROTFLOL!  Some of you are sooo very predictable, ...not to mention GULLIBLE!!!

You only see what you want to see. OF COURSE IT FEELS DIFFERENT FOR THE STAFF, ...IT IS!!!

Did you not read the story? EVERY PERSON entering the hotel is subject to an airport like security search. That's not an everyday occurrence there. Anytime an establishment employs heightened levels of security, people are going to feel it, ...and YES, pray for it to be over ASAP.

"Ordinary Chinese who have met the American first lady have described her in media reports as approachable and friendly, and the hotel staffer agreed.

'The first lady is gracious, and the girls are lovely,' he said.

The Westin employee and another colleague said Sasha and Malia Obama have been on their best behavior because Mrs. Robinson has kept them on a short leash.

They emphasized that they have had a disappointing experience with the protection detail that accompanies Mrs. Obama everywhere.

Wealthy hotel guests bumped from their reserved rooms into other less-luxurious accommodations have inundated the front desk with complaints.

As a condition of the first lady staying at the Westin, the Secret Service blocked off all the rooms near the presidential suite..

Of course it's an inconvenience, and of course the staff would want it to be over.
I experienced the same thing many times when working in films. There was one TV show that starred one of President Clinton's ex-mistresses, during the height of his "blue dress" scandal. Was never a fun environment on the days she was shooting. There were other times when you needed heightened levels of security which would interfere with the normal flow of things

I remember when Jessica Alba was being stalked. we had to up security. A friend of mine was her bodyguard, and he would walk her from her trailer to the set, or from the car to the set. The atmosphere was so tense, that I didn't even dare to say hello to either one of them as they walked past my trailer. You don't even want to acknowledge her presence. I just quickly shut my trailer door and let her keep going. 5 minutes later in the makeup trailer, it was no problem to say hello to her then while we were both INSIDE the trailer, but not while she was walking TO the trailer. The same with him. Infact, it was always worse with him. He's an asshole when he's guarding someone. lol. It's gotten to the point that when I see him on the street, I don't say a single word to him. I just look at him. If he says "Hi" I breathe a sigh of relief and I know I can say hi back. If he looks right through me like I'm not even there, ...I don't say a word. I know that means he's "on the job" and he's guarding someone. There were some shows where you'd look at the call sheet, and see certain stars weren't scheduled for the day, ...and you knew it was going to be a fun relaxed, and enjoyable work day. And other days when you saw that certain people were scheduled to be shooting that day, and you automatically knew you were in for a mighty loooong day running into overtime, and most probably triple time. Heck, I can even recall how Bay Street was turned upside down when King Hussein of Jordan and Queen Noor were staying next door. The traffic was backed up for an eternity That's simply the nature of heightened levels of security. They throw everybodys equilibrium off, and if security measures are extraordinary, ...one cannot help but to hope for it to end... SOON, regardless of how sweet, or how gracious the person/people who are the catalyst for this altered routine are.

People who are prone to, will want to make up all sorts of lies or spread rumours about the disruption like: so & so is a difficult prima-donna. Oh look at her, she's too good to share a transport SUV with the rest of us. etc., etc., (as was done in Jessica's case) but the fact of the matter was, it is a lot easier to secure an area when there is fewer people in it, ...and if that means not having the performer go to the studio for a wardrobe fitting, but instead having the costome designer pack everything up and bring it all to the stars hotel room, that's what occurs. Not to mention that in alot of cases, much of the sequestration takes place out of concern for the safety of others as well. How would YOU have liked to be the unlucky SOB who had the misfortune of pulling up to a red light with Chris Dorner in the next vehicle? ...and an LAPD drone flying overhead spots what they think may be his car? Rumour mills will be rumour mills. Doesn't mean you have to buy into them.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2586367/Beijing-hotel-workers-fed-Obama-entourage-3400-square-foot-8-350-night-suite-inconveniencing-pretty-ladys-mother-barking-staff.html
w