Author Topic: Best Natural bodybuilder EVER  (Read 30656 times)

Tha-boss

• Getbig II
  • www.pronaturalmuscle.com
Re: Best Natural bodybuilder EVER
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2006, 12:10:58 AM »
Yes I really do believe he the best natural in the World. He has never been beaten in a natural pro comp. I am sure their are other excellent natural bodybuilders who dont even compete but as far as competitive natural bodybuilders Rob is leading the way.

Insidentally when did I say he had been training for 5 years Rob has been training for 10years.

Vicky

Bodies

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2006, 02:26:54 AM »
The model for that Farnese Hercules had to be a Gladiator or something.  Maybe just a farmer who was a pure mesomorph.
And if you cover the head of the statue it still looks impressive BTW.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2006, 04:47:51 AM »
Bodies,

You may well be right, ancient peoples were significantly less homogenised than modern peoples, genetically speaking. Undoubtedly lots more sub-races and isolated populations back then, but the picure is fuzzied by the reliability of the chroniclers of the time...

For example:

-the Picts, (from Ireland, France and Britain) were known for having ape-like lower faces and protruding muzzles. Female picts supposedly had huge protruding lips.

-the Fir Bolg (from Hy Brasil, and then Ireland) were reputed to average (males) about 300 lbs of big boned muscle at about five foot tall

-the Myrmidons, (Greek mercenaries) were said to be almost gorilla-like: heavily muscled, massively built and supposedly covered in long black hair from head to foot, they were also cannabils that never wore clothes or used any tools other than wooden spears and clubs.

-the Danes, at least in prehistory, were universially reported to be mostly blond and the males averaged about 7 foot tall.

-the Sons of Rahab, a clan of Phillistines, were reported to all be over nine feet tall and heavily built

-the Masai, of the sub-Saharan savannahs, were all over eight feet tall, females included

-the Kurgans, from the steppes of the Ural mountains in Russia, were reknowned for their brutality and prodigous strength. The were claimed to be around seven foot tall and even more bizarrely, were measured at THREE feet across the shoulders.
The slavic Roman Emperor, Maximinus, believed to be of Kurgan extraction was recorded as being 8'6'' tall and a flat-bellied 650 lbs. He supposedly could drink two barrels of wine, and was said to eat up to 40 lbs of meat in a day.

...it's all very interesting in a Weekly World News sort of way, except that some of this has been verified in recent years.

-there is no repudiation of the claims of Emperor Maximinus' brobdignagian size, even by contemperary commentators who made a point of questioning the veracity of other facts relating to him.

-the skeleton of Ivar "The Boneless" Ragnarsson, a Viking chieftain from the ninth century who eventually became one of the first Kings of England, shows that he had no major pathologies, no gigantism, no pituitary disorders... he was just a healthy, normal, nine feet two inches tall.

-Ramses the Second, who's father was a silk trader (Viking?), was 6'2'', despite the average Egyptian being somewhere between 4'6'' and 5'2''

The skeleton of a famous gladiator found near Mycenae (he was buried with full honours and must have been very well off), shows a distinct thickening of the shins... the ankles and knees are right on the outside of human proportion, "rugged" in the Neanderthal/cave-man sense, indicating he probably sported 19'' calves at 5'4'', and could have built them up even bigger than that.

Creepy eh??

The Luke

CT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2006, 05:38:59 AM »
Very interesting indeed. I love history myself and would like to read more onthe subject. Surely a lot of this is probably a myth, but it probably als has shades of thruth if not more.

Bodies,

You may well be right, ancient peoples were significantly less homogenised than modern peoples, genetically speaking. Undoubtedly lots more sub-races and isolated populations back then, but the picure is fuzzied by the reliability of the chroniclers of the time...

For example:

-the Picts, (from Ireland, France and Britain) were known for having ape-like lower faces and protruding muzzles. Female picts supposedly had huge protruding lips.

-the Fir Bolg (from Hy Brasil, and then Ireland) were reputed to average (males) about 300 lbs of big boned muscle at about five foot tall

-the Myrmidons, (Greek mercenaries) were said to be almost gorilla-like: heavily muscled, massively built and supposedly covered in long black hair from head to foot, they were also cannabils that never wore clothes or used any tools other than wooden spears and clubs.

-the Danes, at least in prehistory, were universially reported to be mostly blond and the males averaged about 7 foot tall.

-the Sons of Rahab, a clan of Phillistines, were reported to all be over nine feet tall and heavily built

-the Masai, of the sub-Saharan savannahs, were all over eight feet tall, females included

-the Kurgans, from the steppes of the Ural mountains in Russia, were reknowned for their brutality and prodigous strength. The were claimed to be around seven foot tall and even more bizarrely, were measured at THREE feet across the shoulders.
The slavic Roman Emperor, Maximinus, believed to be of Kurgan extraction was recorded as being 8'6'' tall and a flat-bellied 650 lbs. He supposedly could drink two barrels of wine, and was said to eat up to 40 lbs of meat in a day.

...it's all very interesting in a Weekly World News sort of way, except that some of this has been verified in recent years.

-there is no repudiation of the claims of Emperor Maximinus' brobdignagian size, even by contemperary commentators who made a point of questioning the veracity of other facts relating to him.

-the skeleton of Ivar "The Boneless" Ragnarsson, a Viking chieftain from the ninth century who eventually became one of the first Kings of England, shows that he had no major pathologies, no gigantism, no pituitary disorders... he was just a healthy, normal, nine feet two inches tall.

-Ramses the Second, who's father was a silk trader (Viking?), was 6'2'', despite the average Egyptian being somewhere between 4'6'' and 5'2''

The skeleton of a famous gladiator found near Mycenae (he was buried with full honours and must have been very well off), shows a distinct thickening of the shins... the ankles and knees are right on the outside of human proportion, "rugged" in the Neanderthal/cave-man sense, indicating he probably sported 19'' calves at 5'4'', and could have built them up even bigger than that.

Creepy eh??

The Luke

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2006, 07:03:57 AM »
Yes I really do believe he the best natural in the World. He has never been beaten in a natural pro comp. I am sure their are other excellent natural bodybuilders who dont even compete but as far as competitive natural bodybuilders Rob is leading the way.

Insidentally when did I say he had been training for 5 years Rob has been training for 10years.

Vicky

It says on his site that he's be COMPETING for less than five years.

Vicky....he's competing in some splintered natural organizations. That far from qualifies for being the best in the world. That claim is absurd. There are many natural bodybuilders better than him, have more years competing, and have also trained longer than him. They are also older with more mucle maturity.

And, robocop, the 160 pounder are not even close to being as big as Skip La Cour, Jeff Willett, Derik Farnsowrth, Jose Raymond, Tito Raymond, Chris Faildo, Earl Synder and all the other leaders who paved the way.

Prime

• Getbig IV
  • The force is strong in this'un
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2006, 07:26:41 AM »

Vicky
I wouldnt waste my time if i were you Vicky.  These guys are complete idiots.  No matter what you say they will refuse to accept it.
Some guys just refuse to accept that you can't grow without gear.  Because that would outline their own short commings.
[img]http://ima

catch22

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2006, 07:28:27 AM »
Robocop, take a look:

http://www.sandowmuseum.com/

Your guy looks great, but he lacks size even compared to athletes from 1895! (You can't call roids on them!)

So he's good but far from the best ever.....

irocktheyellow

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2006, 03:53:01 PM »
Robocop you are so full of shit you don't even know. I am tired of arguing with someone who has an IQ equivilent to my cat's. So instead of beating a dead horse, i am just going to insult you. That is all you are good for anyway.

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2006, 04:54:16 PM »

Vicky

3 years of competing. I'm sorry I said 5.

The kid is only 25. I'm sure he was training like the really great naturals in the US when he was 15. ha ha

How f--ing arrogant.

3 years of competing and he is already "the best in the world" *

* He is the "best in the world" after only three years of competing because he disqualifies everyone better than him because he is the only "true" natural in the only orgainzation that really tests. ha ha

dlee

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2006, 12:50:00 PM »
It may be a challenge to name the best natural bodybuilder ever, but among natural federations, the WNBF does great work in testing for the natural authenticity of its competitors. Few organizations can boast of natural competitors like Rob Hope, Jon Harris, Jim Cordova, Dave Goodin, Ben Tennesen, Ekow Wilmot and Rodney Hilaire. What incredibe natural competitors. And for the past two years, the unanimous selection of World Champion has been Rob Hope. So, it is not a far stretch to call him the best natural bodybuilder these days. In the 1980's, it may have been Paul Jean Guillaume and in the 1990's, perhaps it was Kai Greene. The good news is that there are tremendous natural bodybuilders in the mix these days. Congrats to each of them. And hats off to Rob Hope.

BigAlski

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2006, 01:26:17 PM »
Mr John Hansen give me some help

All 3 of those guys could be natural, IMO.  They are really ripped but as far as muscle mass either of them certainly could achieve that and more.  Can't tell how tall they are either.  Under 5ft 10in, and I would give em the benefit of the doubt.

BigAlski

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2006, 01:30:39 PM »
Bodies,

For example:

Creepy eh??

The Luke

I would concur that most of those myths are probably rooted in some truth.  As an aside to horses, many warring nations had breeds of great war horses that were lost genetically due to the instrument that  brought them about bieng lost with the powers that be losing said power.  The latest would have been the Templar's vast facilities in Europe proper to arm their knights in Outremer.  I suppose the roots of those breeds would be the Normans.  Norman horses were so smart they would actually engage in the fight with their hooves and bites.

CT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2006, 01:33:17 PM »
All 3 of those guys could be natural, IMO.  They are really ripped but as far as muscle mass either of them certainly could achieve that and more.  Can't tell how tall they are either.  Under 5ft 10in, and I would give em the benefit of the doubt.

Rob Hope (on the right) is 5'5" ... so all three are likely under 5'10"

spotter

• Getbig III
  • Off the Hook
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2006, 03:37:32 PM »
LOL   wait
if he's 100 % natural...
wassup with the hair piece ?  :o
;D