Author Topic: 2nd place dwarfing the eventual winner  (Read 50236 times)

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: 2nd place dwarfing the eventual winner
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2006, 12:24:09 PM »
Okay then genius - DEFINE AESHETIC! I can't wait to see what criteria falls under your "unbrella"  :)

And please don't resort tochildish name callin - you'll  lose the argument before its started.

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2006, 01:24:58 PM »
Seeing those pictures of Ronnie and Flex from the Olympia, still makes me wonder how the hell coleman won that first olympia vs flex.

Flex looked amazing!!!! Ronnie just looked like Ronnie, huge back, huge legs but not very aesthetically pleasing at all.

healthiswealth

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2006, 02:06:43 PM »
I can't believe no one has posted that picture of paul dillet dwarfing shawn ray.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2006, 05:04:36 PM »

alright ND: here you have it:

the bodybuilder on the left is aesthetic according to you.

The bodybuilder on the right is not.

using the pic, it should therefore be obvious why.

so, tell us why..
and, your examples of Orville are not accurate, since he had superhigh lats, damaging his symmetry.

Ronnie WAS called a combo of size, detail and symmetry when he won in 1998 and 99 by many people including magazine writers (eg. reveiw of 99 Olympia in muscle and fitness mag.)

It was ONLY when he got the gut and played the size game (and expanded his waist and thighs) that he ceased to become an aesthetic bodybuilder. See he was never considered "just" an aesthetic bodybuilder (like paris or labrada who were fairly small) he was considered an effective combo of all attributes.

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2006, 06:02:03 PM »
Okay then genius - DEFINE AESHETIC! I can't wait to see what criteria falls under your "unbrella"  :)

And please don't resort tochildish name callin - you'll  lose the argument before its started.

Basically aesthetics in bodybuilding equate to beauty , now even at his lightest and best Ronnie was never considered to have a beautiful phsyique , he as always been a package of outstand bodyparts that when he was very light never tied together at one point they did match up a lot better when he competed at around 245lbs and then he went back to square one and with the extreme route

Now seeing this sport if subjective and who defines what is beautiful and what isn't ? well there has to be a baseline , the baseline is , adequate size without compromising structure , a great structure with naturally wide shoulderblades and a small waist , great muscle balance & proportion , the absolute minimum ammout of weaknesses , full muscle bellies , the Greek ideal , a phsyique that basically has no outstanding bodyparts which in turn makes the whole pshyique outstanding , a phsyique that looks great from all angles , and almost all poses , 1/4 turns , kneeling twisting poses , 3/4 turn back shots , hands overhead shots , etc , not many bodybuilders can pull these shots off

Aesthetic bodybuilders have been compared to works of art , classic sculptures and Ronnie Coleman isn't Michelangelo's David , Ronnie is a freak plain & simple , when he was very light he had freaky bodyparts , when he won his first Olympia he was excellent a great combo of size , shape & conditioning , and now he has become the freakiest of them all , but he doesn't meet the criteria for an aesthetic bodybuilder and never has , when he was at 245lbs he was more aethetic than he is now but still no where near the forementioned names for reasons stated .

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2006, 06:07:56 PM »
Basically aesthetics in bodybuilding equate to beauty , now even at his lightest and best Ronnie was never considered to have a beautiful phsyique , he as always been a package of outstand bodyparts that when he was very light never tied together at one point they did match up a lot better when he competed at around 245lbs and then he went back to square one and with the extreme route

Now seeing this sport if subjective and who defines what is beautiful and what isn't ? well there has to be a baseline , the baseline is , adequate size without compromising structure , a great structure with naturally wide shoulderblades and a small waist , great muscle balance & proportion , the absolute minimum ammout of weaknesses , full muscle bellies , the Greek ideal , a phsyique that basically has no outstanding bodyparts which in turn makes the whole pshyique outstanding , a phsyique that looks great from all angles , and almost all poses , 1/4 turns , kneeling twisting poses , 3/4 turn back shots , hands overhead shots , etc , not many bodybuilders can pull these shots off

Aesthetic bodybuilders have been compared to works of art , classic sculptures and Ronnie Coleman isn't Michelangelo's David , Ronnie is a freak plain & simple , when he was very light he had freaky bodyparts , when he won his first Olympia he was excellent a great combo of size , shape & conditioning , and now he has become the freakiest of them all , but he doesn't meet the criteria for an aesthetic bodybuilder and never has , when he was at 245lbs he was more aethetic than he is now but still no where near the forementioned names for reasons stated .

aesthetically speaking i prefer heroic proportions as opposed to small

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2006, 12:37:27 AM »

Oh dear ND youve just shot yourself in the foot with that trash. You consider flex wheeler aesthetic but does he have wide shoulder blades - NOPE, was his structurally good, no youuve said it yourself, did he have great balance and proportion - hardly. Your greek ideal? of matching arms, necks and calves, your man flex could never achieve, he had the poorest neck in bodybuilding and his calves, well we  all know about them.

I think you better go back to the drawing board and eliminate some of your hypocrisy. And before you say youve never considered flex wheeler an aesthetic bodybuilder, you have, in the past on numerous occassions.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2006, 11:12:20 AM »
Oh dear ND youve just shot yourself in the foot with that trash. You consider flex wheeler aesthetic but does he have wide shoulder blades - NOPE, was his structurally good, no youuve said it yourself, did he have great balance and proportion - hardly. Your greek ideal? of matching arms, necks and calves, your man flex could never achieve, he had the poorest neck in bodybuilding and his calves, well we  all know about them.

I think you better go back to the drawing board and eliminate some of your hypocrisy. And before you say youve never considered flex wheeler an aesthetic bodybuilder, you have, in the past on numerous occassions.

Shawn Ray didn't have a great structure , he was narrow and he didn't meet the Greek ideal however he is considered an aesthetic bodybuilder , with Flex his muscle roundness and shape is simply very pleasing aesthetically and look at him at the 93 ASC his balance was a lot better when he compted at a lighter weight  , but in my opinion he and Shawn were not in the same aesthetic mold as Cormier & Paris but aesthetic none the less .

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2006, 11:34:59 AM »
Shawn Ray didn't have a great structure , he was narrow and he didn't meet the Greek ideal however he is considered an aesthetic bodybuilder , with Flex his muscle roundness and shape is simply very pleasing aesthetically and look at him at the 93 ASC his balance was a lot better when he compted at a lighter weight  , but in my opinion he and Shawn were not in the same aesthetic mold as Cormier & Paris but aesthetic none the less .

perhaps you should revisit art history 101 particulary Janson's History of Art.  because you really dont know what you're talking about.   :)

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2006, 12:34:03 PM »

This really reads poorly. Shawn and flex are not in the same aesthetic mould as cormier and paris but still aesthetic? This makes no sense at all. I ve never, ever read or heard any thing that remotely approximates the garbage you typed in some vain attempt at answering my question. You now look to have 2 separate types of aeshetic now? Am i reading correctly here ND? Please clarify, i'm confused.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2006, 01:15:33 PM »
This really reads poorly. Shawn and flex are not in the same aesthetic mould as cormier and paris but still aesthetic? This makes no sense at all. I ve never, ever read or heard any thing that remotely approximates the garbage you typed in some vain attempt at answering my question. You now look to have 2 separate types of aeshetic now? Am i reading correctly here ND? Please clarify, i'm confused.

It reads poorly to those with poor comprehension  ;) you asked for me to define aesthetic and I said gave you a baseline which is Paris & Cormier , seeing NO phsyique is exactly the same its obvious that variations will exist ,  Mohammed Makawwy was an aesthetic bodybuilder yet his pshyique isn't the same as Bob Paris , so does that mean that he isn't aesthetic? of course not , they all fall under the aesthetic umbrella .

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2006, 01:27:18 PM »
perhaps you should revisit art history 101 particulary Janson's History of Art.  because you really dont know what you're talking about.   :)

Or read Burne Hogarth's "Dynamic Anatomy"  As an accomplished artist it cracks me up listening to these guys babble about aesthetics and proportion.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2006, 01:31:06 PM »

Oh and you do  ::) please .

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2006, 01:52:34 PM »
It reads poorly to those with poor comprehension  ;) you asked for me to define aesthetic and I said gave you a baseline which is Paris & Cormier , seeing NO phsyique is exactly the same its obvious that variations will exist ,  Mohammed Makawwy was an aesthetic bodybuilder yet his pshyique isn't the same as Bob Paris , so does that mean that he isn't aesthetic? of course not , they all fall under the aesthetic umbrella .
thanks mr superior writing ability  ::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2006, 02:01:23 PM »
thanks mr superior writing ability  ::)

Grasping at straws are we?

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2006, 02:38:05 PM »

Its over ND. Once again you proved little other than a bias for certain bbers. Its clear from your statements that out of makkawy, paris, wheeler, cormier, ray and coleman only coleman doesnt pass your criteria for qualifying as aesethetic. The others do by virtue of your "adjustable" criteria, ie, one that you feel you can tailor to suit certain bbers to justify your opinion. Sad.

healthiswealth

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2006, 03:00:15 PM »
I can't believe you people put up with ND's bullcrap . He brainwashes you with his opinions, and you start to believe the vomit that spews out of his mouth. ::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2006, 03:08:34 PM »
Its over ND. Once again you proved little other than a bias for certain bbers. Its clear from your statements that out of makkawy, paris, wheeler, cormier, ray and coleman only coleman doesnt pass your criteria for qualifying as aesethetic. The others do by virtue of your "adjustable" criteria, ie, one that you feel you can tailor to suit certain bbers to justify your opinion. Sad.

Wow I guess I should pack it in now seeing as its all over  :'( get the hook !!

I would say out of the group you mentioned Bob Paris & Chris Cormier are both closer to perfection than all of them , and you can add in Lee Larbarda to boot , Ronnie Coleman used to me a lot more aesthetic than he is now but still in no way in the leauge of the forementioned , and whats funny is its only my opionion and it appears you're taking it way to seriously , either way Cormier is a lot closer to perfection that what Coleman is !!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2006, 03:10:50 PM »

fat chance old fart try grasping for the 290TD
sorry mr anal warts didnt mean any disrespect  :D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2006, 03:17:12 PM »
fat chance old fart try grasping for the 290TD

Old? lol how old do you think I am ?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2006, 03:19:50 PM »
Old? lol how old do you think I am ?
oh  lets see you're a pedofile so you must be atleast 40 :)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2006, 03:52:34 PM »
oh  lets see you're a pedofile so you must be atleast 40 :)

I figured seeing you're a fan of Opera you would be a little more educated than that  ??? another educated idiot ?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2006, 03:58:33 PM »
I figured seeing you're a fan of Opera you would be a little more educated than that  ??? another educated idiot ?
lol  yeah got into yale college and law school via legacy route.  i aint too bright

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2006, 04:05:12 PM »
lol  yeah got into yale college and law school via legacy route.  i aint too bright

Bush is Yale alumni , enough said  ;)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2006, 04:06:58 PM »