Author Topic: PX 90 just a rehash of P. H. A ?  (Read 10566 times)

Dopey

• Getbig II
  • Sun's out, guns out
PX 90 just a rehash of P. H. A ?
« on: April 24, 2014, 06:42:21 PM »
Buddy looking to start PX 90. I told him to save his money and look into PHA. Anyone have an opinion on this?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: PX 90 just a rehash of P. H. A ?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 10:47:22 AM »
Buddy looking to start PX 90. I told him to save his money and look into PHA. Anyone have an opinion on this?
just look up bob gajda on the internet he was the first big name bodybuilder to use it at the duncan ymca in chicago, he had sergio oliva on it too when sergio first came to this country.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 10:54:13 AM »
 ;D
F

Dopey

• Getbig II
  • Sun's out, guns out
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 04:58:16 AM »
Thanks Funk. I lent my buddy my copy of McCallem's Keys to Progress, since it has some PHA routines listed. Told him to save his money.  ;D

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 11:02:05 AM »
I've used and recommended (for whatever that was worth) the PHA system before. The idea is nothing new, and the results,for many, can be staggering. Get to do as many exercises that you can think of, as a part of the program. But your routine must be well planned out and do start slowly to work into this very advanced form of training. Have used it  off season, keeping in shape for football and other things.

The only problem might be that there is a need to lay out all the pieces of equipment (BB,DB, cables, machines, etc) so they can be quickly used, without any pause between exercises. Which may prove the problem in a commercial gym when other guys seem to linger with equipment....the ones that you need right away. Some find better workouts at home or with other guy's of like mind, with PHA.

PHA is broken down to sequences/groups of anywhere from 5 to 8 exercises. Just do a search, sure there is a lot of information around about this protocol.

Good Luck.  

sequence groups
F