Author Topic: 10,000 cals a day?????  (Read 23650 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 10,000 cals a day?????
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2014, 12:18:17 PM »
sure  ::)

Apparently, you aren't that good at math. It's a simple case of eating more calories than you burn. If all you need is 1500 to maintain your weight and you eat 1800 (without heavy training or exercising), you're going to put on bodyfat.

You act as if the average person is scarfing down 5000+ calories a day; chances are that's not the case.

Simple Simon

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2014, 12:20:05 PM »
What do you mean by long period of time?  If you are doing it consistently 1-7 days a week for months and months then you are doing it for a long period of time.
How many cals were you eating per day and for how long?
Remember it has to be everyday totals, not 10,000 one day 7,000 another.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2014, 12:23:24 PM »
Ah yes, MCWAY.... the only person to yield steroid-like gains from force-feeding.

Curiously enough, this muscular beast is too shy to ever post a photo of his incredible physique

One, I never claimed to be getting any steroid-like gains. That would come from your big mouth, someone who can't skip rope without a syringe.

Two, the gains I said I've made at certain periods of time are hardly such that are limited to me.

Three, in case you missed basic biology, eating more calories than you burn is how you put on weight, pure and simple. How you train and what you eat determine how much of that extra weight is muscle vs. fat. It's a basic concept that's as old as time.

Simple Simon

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2014, 12:26:35 PM »

You are either a troll or have absolutely no clue what a fatso eats and drinks on weekly basis.

Monster milkshakes, pancake frenzies, lasagnas by the kilogram etc etc

You can fool yourself but you can't fool me

USA overweight people
Percent of adults age 20 years and over who are obese: 35.9% (2009-2010)
Percent of adults age 20 years and over who are overweight, including obesity: 69.2% (2009-2010)

Do you think all these people are eating 10,000 cals a day?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2014, 12:26:44 PM »

You are either a troll or have absolutely no clue what a fatso eats and drinks on weekly basis.

Monster milkshakes, pancake frenzies, lasagnas by the kilogram etc etc

You can fool yourself but you can't fool me

Troll? Coming from the guy who got booted off the steroid forum for his incessant whining and buffoonery.  That is too funny.

If you knew anything about what people need to eat (especially yourself), you wouldn't be spending yourself into poverty for drugs, just to get 16"-17" arms, only to return to Smurfville, once you go broke.

Simple Simon

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2014, 12:30:29 PM »
they definitely aren't eating 2000-3000kcal  ::)
Yes, most of them are likely eating around 4,000

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2014, 12:30:57 PM »
USA overweight people
Percent of adults age 20 years and over who are obese: 35.9% (2009-2010)
Percent of adults age 20 years and over who are overweight, including obesity: 69.2% (2009-2010)

Do you think all these people are eating 10,000 cals a day?

Not even close.

Courtesy of Wikipedia:

From 1971 – 2000, the average daily number of calories which women consumed in the United States increased by 335 calories per day (1542 calories in 1971 and 1877 calories in 2000). For men, the average increase was 168 calories per day (2450 calories in 1971 and 2618 calories in 2000).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diet_and_obesity

The average American takes in 2,031 calories a day, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture's publication, "What We Eat in America." The average woman takes in 1,778 daily calories, while the average man takes in 2,512 calories per day. Men's caloric intake peaks during their 30s and 40s, when they consume about 2,730 calories a day. Women's caloric consumption is at its highest throughout their 20s, when they take in, on the average, close to 2,000 calories a day.

http://livehealthy.chron.com/average-american-diet-calorie-intake-2960.html

That's 2500-2600 calories per day. Heck, I couldn't even GAIN weight, in my younger years eating that amount of food.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2014, 12:37:48 PM »
Yeah, hitting that once or twice is a lot different than doing it day in, day out for weeks on end.

I guess those people who weigh 600lbs and are bedridden might be eating that much

The fattest man in the UK apparently would consume daily around 29,000 calories.
He weighed around 700lbs.

Simple Simon

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2014, 12:39:23 PM »
The fattest man in the UK apparently would consume daily around 29,000 calories.
He weighed around 700lbs.

Newspapers always tend to sensationalise these things.

How can they possibly afford that much food?

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2014, 12:44:09 PM »
One, I never claimed to be getting any steroid-like gains. That would come from your big mouth, someone who can't skip rope without a syringe.

Two, the gains I said I've made at certain periods of time are hardly such that are limited to me.

Three, in case you missed basic biology, eating more calories than you burn is how you put on weight, pure and simple. How you train and what you eat determine how much of that extra weight is muscle vs. fat. It's a basic concept that's as old as time.

Sure, eating more than you expend will lead to weight gain.  It's your hormone levels that dictate how much muscle you can hold.

Why not post a picture to shut me up?  Or is it because you're a shapeless permabulker and you know it?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2014, 12:46:11 PM »
Gay4it approved thread

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2014, 12:51:29 PM »
Newspapers always tend to sensationalise these things.

How can they possibly afford that much food?

Are you telling me that "The Sun" is not a reliable source? :D

I see what you mean but we're talking about some of the fattest fuckers around on the planet. Pretty sure their diets would be ridiculous.

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2014, 12:55:01 PM »
I did eat around 7000 kcal on average for extended periods of time, like 6 months and every now and then I did hit 10k but I felt like shit eating that much food. Had problems breathing when I went to bed and was always tired. Oh yeah needless to say that it was not "clean" food at all that I was eating but I only eat clean for like 2-3 months a year usually and the rest of the time I just eat what I like while getting in enough protein - which is 1g / lb of bodyweight for me.

10.000 kcal per day on a daily basis would be pretty much impossible for me to do... nowadays I have between 3500 to 4500 kcal on average with the occasional binge day where I have more than 5000 kcal. When dieting I start with 3000 kcal per day and then go as low as 2200 but never lower than that... I can get very lean on 2500 kcal pretty easily. I do have a very fast metabolism and I lead a very active life though.

A lot of people overestimate their food intake and I don't think that most obese people get in anywhere close to 10.000 kcal / day although there are exceptions of course.

Simple Simon

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2014, 12:57:11 PM »

Why has she got a plate?

She isnt going to eat all that dumbo.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2014, 12:58:08 PM »
How many cals were you eating per day and for how long?
Remember it has to be everyday totals, not 10,000 one day 7,000 another.

I wasn`t doing it everyday for sure. 

Simple Simon

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2014, 01:00:11 PM »
I wasn`t doing it everyday for sure. 

I knew you wasn't, thats why I called your bluff.   ;)

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2014, 01:02:08 PM »
Most obese people, strangely enough, don't eat that much at all. They drop their calories so low that their metabolism slows. Then they get tired of eating rabbit food. When they go back to their 'regular' eating habits, they're now burning fewer calories at rest. So, they can fatten up with 1500 calories or so, especially if it's loaded with fat and carbs they aren't burning.

MAYBE in some people, lower metabolic rate or whatever accounts for some weight gain (as in a couple of pounds, MAYBE). However, nobody ever got obese eating 1500 calories a day. It defies the laws of the physics (namely "the conservation of energy law"). If you consume more energy than you expend, you store it as weight. Keep doing this consistently, day after day, year after year and you will become obese.

There is nothing more frustrating than an obese person who in public eats only healthy foods claiming they "cannot lose weight" or its their metabolism. You just know that at some point, in their own privacy, they are gorging themselves.

Simple Simon

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2014, 01:05:18 PM »
MAYBE in some people, lower metabolic rate or whatever accounts for some weight gain (as in a couple of pounds, MAYBE). However, nobody ever got obese eating 1500 calories a day. It defies the laws of the physics (namely "the conservation of energy law"). If you consume more energy than you expend, you store it as weight. Keep doing this consistently, day after day, year after year and you will become obese.

There is nothing more frustrating than an obese person who in public eats only healthy foods claiming they "cannot lose weight" or its their metabolism. You just know that at some point, in their own privacy, they are gorging themselves.

You just contradicted yourself.
If someone sits about doing fuck all and eats 1500 cals a day when their BMR is 1200 they will get fat.

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2014, 01:06:12 PM »
I consumed roughly 6 000 - 7 000 calories a day for a period of time when I was competitively swimming twice a day, 7 days a week. I was also a growing teenager, with other school activities and was pretty much active all day. However a large majority of these calories came from sports carb drinks (easily 3 000 or more). I would pretty much break even in terms of weight gain or loss during that time.

To consume 10 000 calories from solid foods and soda each day you would literally have to sit and eat all day. Shit and eat all day.

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2014, 01:10:07 PM »
You just contradicted yourself.
If someone sits about doing fuck all and eats 1500 cals a day when their BMR is 1200 they will get fat.

How many people do you think have a BMR of 1200? Bearing in mind that the consumption of food and the creation of additional body mass (as occurs in obese people) increase the BMR. Like I said, barring some kind of rare metabolic disease, nobody gets obese eating 1500 calories per day.

Simple Simon

« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2014, 01:14:35 PM »
How many people do you think have a BMR of 1200? Bearing in mind that the consumption of food and the creation of additional body mass (as occurs in obese people) increase the BMR. Like I said, barring some kind of rare metabolic disease, nobody gets obese eating 1500 calories per day.
fat doesn't increase your BMR.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2014, 01:17:05 PM »
Sure, eating more than you expend will lead to weight gain.  It's your hormone levels that dictate how much muscle you can hold.

Why not post a picture to shut me up?  Or is it because you're a shapeless permabulker and you know it?

Because that would require my actual caring about the foolishness, spewing from that mouth of yours.

I'm fully aware about hormone levels and their influence on how much muscle you can hold; nobody said anything to the contrary (That's why the the high-calorie diet I used was more effective for me, back in the day. I was in my early 20s then).

But, like most permaleaners, often perpetually small and weak, you're obsessed with hormones to the point of neurosis (hence your need for Winstrol before Zumba class starts).

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2014, 01:27:45 PM »
Because that would require my actual caring about the foolishness, spewing from that mouth of yours.

I'm fully aware about hormone levels and their influence on how much muscle you can hold; nobody said anything to the contrary (That's why the the high-calorie diet I used was more effective for me, back in the day. I was in my early 20s then).

But, like most permaleaners, often perpetually small and weak, you're obsessed with hormones to the point of neurosis (hence your need for Winstrol before Zumba class starts).

If you don't care, then why are you typing multiple responses to my posts?

We all know you're fat, it's no mystery why you're not posting a picture

Simple Simon

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2014, 01:29:25 PM »
anyway…..

Has anyone managed to eat 10,000 cals every day for a long period of time, say 6 months?

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2014, 01:32:01 PM »
fat doesn't increase your BMR.

Actually it does. Adipose tissue by itself is not metabolically active but it has numerous interactions with other tissues which do stimulate the metabolic rate. Blood flow for example. Fat tissue is living tissue requiring oxygen and blood flow. They heavier and fatter a person, the greater volume of blood within the circulatory system. Osmoregulation of fluid levels in adipose tissue is another example. Activities like breathing, walking, standing become more metabolically expensive when carrying extra body fat.

Not to mention the fact that when somebody ingests more calories than they burn, lean body mass also increases significantly, EVEN IN NON-TRAINING INDIVIDUALS.