Author Topic: I've always loved Ratt... Stephen Pearcy's sister died suddenly ~ sad  (Read 28224 times)

Stan Diego

• Getbig III
  • A whales vagina
Re: I've always loved Ratt... Stephen Pearcy's sister died suddenly ~ sad
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2014, 07:27:54 PM »

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2014, 08:53:33 PM »
Sucks. F'n Pearcy.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2014, 12:11:29 AM »
Just read this news a few hours ago.  >:(

WHY can't these guys get it together and figure out their personality conflicts?! They're middle-aged men, for fuck sakes!

If he is gone, and they can't sort it out, I do hope the remaining members retire the name, instead of hiring another fill-in vocalist.

So we FINALLY get four of the five remaining original members (the fifth is dead, of course) back together and ... Stephen decides to once again bail.

This is so bloody a piss off.

:( 

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2014, 07:56:45 AM »

WHY can't these guys get it together and figure out their personality conflicts?! They're middle-aged men, for fuck sakes!

If he is gone, and they can't sort it out, I do hope the remaining members retire the name, instead of hiring another fill-in vocalist.

So we FINALLY get four of the five remaining original members (the fifth is dead, of course) back together and ... Stephen decides to once again bail.

Any musician who's been in bands long enough knows all too well the band drama that ensues. I quit playing music professionally in the 90's due to idiot musicians. Booze, drugs, egos, laziness, you name it. I've said this for over 20 years, but rock musicians are fucking flakes.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2014, 08:07:11 AM »
Any musician who's been in bands long enough knows all too well the band drama that ensues. I quit playing music professionally in the 90's due to idiot musicians. Booze, drugs, egos, laziness, you name it. I've said this for over 20 years, but rock musicians are fucking flakes.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

That's like asking "Why can't that married couple just get along? They've been married for twenty years!"

You spend more time in close quarters with your band mates than you do your own GF. There are going to be personality conflicts. The traveling and tour dates arent months apart, they are just days apart and you are up eachothers asses the whole time. You get to where you want to kill someone just for being who they are, and vice versa.

Band conflict is ubiquitous in ALL bands that have made it to the "big-time" ~ there is really no way to get around it, unless you want to get separate leer jets (can you say Rolling Stones) and do all of recording separately, like Rush....

Having your privacy invaded is one thing....it can be tolerated for a week or two, but daily? For years on end? ....

This is the reason a lot of great musicians would rather just teach and do studio sessions rather than get out on the road and travel.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #105 on: April 25, 2014, 09:36:06 AM »
Took the words right out of my mouth.

That's like asking "Why can't that married couple just get along? They've been married for twenty years!"

You spend more time in close quarters with your band mates than you do your own GF. There are going to be personality conflicts. The traveling and tour dates arent months apart, they are just days apart and you are up eachothers asses the whole time. You get to where you want to kill someone just for being who they are, and vice versa.

Band conflict is ubiquitous in ALL bands that have made it to the "big-time" ~ there is really no way to get around it, unless you want to get separate leer jets (can you say Rolling Stones) and do all of recording separately, like Rush....

Having your privacy invaded is one thing....it can be tolerated for a week or two, but daily? For years on end? ....

This is the reason a lot of great musicians would rather just teach and do studio sessions rather than get out on the road and travel.

I'm tempted to back to writing instrumental material again and just promote it via the net. Current band members drink too much, don't write and fight tooth and nail to not learn any new material.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2014, 05:45:56 PM »

I don't think Stephen and Bobby have ever gotten along, but Pearcy is often shitty to fans as well. I'm with you, retire the name. Pearcy's voice is Ratt as much as anything. We've got enough of their stuff for a lifetime.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #107 on: April 25, 2014, 06:56:51 PM »
thats why steely dan used session musicians and rotating guest vocals,rainbow 'blackmore'deep purple'numerous incarnations but kept the $ and music going with some original members around whom ever joined in for a few records..

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2014, 06:57:35 PM »
Ratt was done anyway guys. I keep listening to "Eat Me UP Alive" on Youtube. It hasn't even got 200,000 views.

Nobody cares or knows now.

The Ugly

• Getbig V

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2014, 10:43:57 PM »
Bloody 'ell.

Stephen, just quit or stay on and record with the band in a proper manner. Contractual obligation? Boy, that sounds like a real inspiring situation.

::)

I own both Bobby's and Stephen's books and at this point I am thinking Blotz is the main problem. Something just tells me.

Juan must be thinking, Didn't I quit the band 20 years ago because of this horseshit?!

Pearcy is a talented dude, despite his vocals being completely shot (and regardless, his IS the voice of Ratt). But he does contribute much more than just the occasional word. Still, after all these years, I am quite sure the classic Ratt material owes mostly to Juan and Robbin.

It is Stephen's band, but Crosby was its heart and soul, with Warren providing the exacting and spectacular solo ammunition (and some truly stellar riffs) and Blotz being the underrated and powerful (and sometimes deceptively complicated drummer). Juan is the guy who is the level head and talented songwriter, along with Robbin.

It pains me to say, but after being a HUGE Ratt fan since Out of the Cellar was released, it's time to pack it in, boys.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2014, 08:49:44 AM »

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2014, 10:58:02 AM »

Great tune. Hanoi, too, criminally underrated.