Author Topic: Arnold Schwarzenegger's movie worst opening ever  (Read 9176 times)

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger's movie worst opening ever
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2014, 10:18:14 AM »
Sadly this... Audience changed, old action "no bullshit CGI" flicks with charismatic actors are not big anymore, and the only true action stars are all old... Fuck Noah's Ark and those laughable CGI shitfests...Arnold was never a good actor, but he was not as bad as people make out to be, he was fine for his roles... And today, outside Di Caprio and very few else, where are the good-great actors? Most young stars are massively overrated...

I agree.  90% of the movies today are CGI shitfests. 

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2014, 10:21:17 AM »
Fuck no!!! Are you crazy? I like Arnold, but that would have been a horrible choice.
World War Z was a big bore, the most boring "zombie" (i hate running zombies) apocalypse ever... Brad Pitt is an overrated laughable actor, but yes Arnold would of been a bad choice, some sort of actor with dramatic/action skills was a good choice...

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2014, 10:25:32 AM »
And today, outside Di Caprio and very few else, where are the good-great actors?

Great movies were never just about the stars. It's about a complete cast and chemistry between actors. Pacino would never have been such a highly praised actor without John Cazale. Good or great movies have strong supporting casts. Today, think of guys like Giamatti, Seymour Hoffman (RIP), William h.Macy....guys like that. Problem is when movies revolve exclusively around one actor. Which tends to happen more and more often.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2014, 10:31:48 AM »
Is Arnold done with making movies?

This weekend, Sabotage brought in $5.3 million in the United States from 2,486 theaters. It was Arnold's worst opening in 30+ years and is now considered the worst ever opening weekend gross for a movie debuting in more than 2,000 theaters.

His last two movies.

In 2013, Escape Plan's gross opening weekend was $9.9 million, with only a $25.1 million US gross.

His other movie, in 2013, The Last Stand, also grossed $6.3 million opening weekend, but only brought in $12.1 million total in the US.

Commando 2 break out the old bikini again.
F

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2014, 10:40:18 AM »
Great movies were never just about the stars. It's about a complete cast and chemistry between actors. Pacino would never have been such a highly praised actor without John Cazale. Good or great movies have strong supporting casts. Today, think of guys like Giamatti, Seymour Hoffman (RIP), William h.Macy....guys like that. Problem is when movies revolve exclusively around one actor. Which tends to happen more and more often.
And this is also very true... And if you think about it, look at Terminator, probably Arnold's most important movie/franchise, Michael Biehn, Linda Hamilton and Edward Furlong, good actors surrounding Arnold and a great story... About Pacino, i even think that outside "gangster" flicks he's a bit limited, wonderful actor still...

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2014, 10:46:01 AM »
Not many people know who he is anymore. These days you people only know of Justin Bieber.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2014, 10:59:40 AM »
Arnolds plan of starting small and working back up has failed thats all. he needs event movies like back in the day, big budget high concept.

Yes, Arnold's films always were "high concept."

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2014, 11:07:27 AM »
Only Tarentino can save him....

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2014, 11:10:26 AM »
He's a different looking guy than when he was making blockbusters.

His attitude doesn't go over the same way without the same look.

It would be like if you transplanted schwarzeneggers personality into a different person. Its not the same, especially when your persona has a lot to do with your looks.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2014, 11:13:54 AM »
His first project should have been a sequel to one of his hits.

Yes!

Forget the other horseshit and focus on King Conan, T-5, True Lies II, etc.
Those will work for him.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2014, 11:20:48 AM »
He's a different looking guy than when he was making blockbusters.

His attitude doesn't go over the same way without the same look.

It would be like if you transplanted schwarzeneggers personality into a different person. Its not the same, especially when your persona has a lot to do with your looks.

T-2 might qualify as a blockbuster, but Arnie's other movies were nothing near "blockbuster" status. 

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2014, 11:22:10 AM »
Just because it opened with poor numbers doesn't mean it's going to be a bad movie. Not sure how much it cost to make but it won't make a loss and therefore the studios well keep hitting Arnold because he's abankable name.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2014, 11:25:21 AM »
Just because it opened with poor numbers doesn't mean it's going to be a bad movie. Not sure how much it cost to make but it won't make a loss and therefore the studios well keep hitting Arnold because he's abankable name.
Exactly. Sabotage looks like a really good movie.

Hell, I still watch every Van Damme direct to dvd movie. Most of them are pretty good too.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2014, 11:28:01 AM »

Yes!

Forget the other horseshit and focus on King Conan, T-5, True Lies II, etc.
Those will work for him.

King Conan will never get made unless Arnie starts hitting the sauce hard again.  A 68-70 year old Conan? -lol

He was good as the terminator because he had the physique to back it up.  Again, he needs to up the dosage.

True Lies 2 would never work today.  Jamie Lee Curtis would need to be in it... seen her lately?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2014, 11:28:59 AM »
And this is also very true... And if you think about it, look at Terminator, probably Arnold's most important movie/franchise, Michael Biehn, Linda Hamilton and Edward Furlong, good actors surrounding Arnold and a great story... About Pacino, i even think that outside "gangster" flicks he's a bit limited, wonderful actor still...
PACINO gangster flicks only really 'devils advocate 'awesome'glen garry glen ross 'fine work by all',heat 'he is a cop in it so kiNda'insane'

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2014, 11:32:40 AM »

Pacino is doing shakespear on Broadway.  He is not limited.  Sadly he is typecasted though

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2014, 11:35:14 AM »
T-2 might qualify as a blockbuster, but Arnie's other movies were nothing near "blockbuster" status. 

He was getting paid blockbuster money though and that is his bottom line. Over $10M on a least 13 films. Over $20M on at least 7 movies.

He is still making millions but a fraction of what he was.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2014, 11:52:00 AM »
Arnolds clearly back in shape and ready for t5. The physique isn't a problem, he needs to stop playing an everyman and hiding that physique. Its the movies, not real life, its just about looking the part and looking capable. Kids go mad for jackman or hemsworth when they put on a few pounds for thor and hercules yet neither would survive a bicep comparison with arnold. If neeson can be accepted in action roles so can arnold, taken is a movie Arnold wished he'd made, small budget was going dtv but somehow hit the right chord, its a shame arnolds try at small budget has backfired so back to what he does best.
I said world war z coz i think it needed a commanding presence like arnie to give it more life and really tear shit up. He was meant to do i am legend back before the governorship, it was an arnold event movie with a great script,  when t5 makes big.money studios will see he can still sell in big budget high concept stuff

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2014, 11:57:57 AM »
Arnolds clearly back in shape and ready for t5. The physique isn't a problem, he needs to stop playing an everyman and hiding that physique. Its the movies, not real life, its just about looking the part and looking capable. Kids go mad for jackman or hemsworth when they put on a few pounds for thor and hercules yet neither would survive a bicep comparison with arnold. If neeson can be accepted in action roles so can arnold, taken is a movie Arnold wished he'd made, small budget was going dtv but somehow hit the right chord, its a shame arnolds try at small budget has backfired so back to what he does best.
I said world war z coz i think it needed a commanding presence like arnie to give it more life and really tear shit up. He was meant to do i am legend back before the governorship, it was an arnold event movie with a great script,  when t5 makes big.money studios will see he can still sell in big budget high concept stuff
Holy Shit!!!  :o Hey Arnold! Don't listen to the haters.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2014, 12:13:51 PM »
Arnold cant talk anymore. Brain to old and slow. Sad he never could made a great movie. Terminator 2 was ok, but just bcz i was 15 back then : ). A little bit sad he never could do a clever movie. I wonder what the other famous talanted actors think of him...

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2014, 12:22:27 PM »
People still go to movie theaters?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2014, 12:27:19 PM »
People still go to movie theaters?
You bring up a good point. With the advent of big screen tv's, HD, and surround sound, movie theatres will go the way of the video game arcades.

They are becoming obsolete.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2014, 12:30:16 PM »
I go! People get tired of beein looked inside their cells. Its nice to come out see/meet people and a little bit more than just 4 walls inside a home!

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2014, 12:35:06 PM »
Women hate Arnold(via Maria Shriver), haha. You guys gonna take a girl to see this latest movie? Nope.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2014, 01:19:20 PM »
woman that u wanne fuck dosent know who Arnold is! His time have passed on this earth! Same for brad pit! Just an old man for today s upcoming hot ladies!