Author Topic: If a business is not a church or individual, why this boycott?  (Read 2244 times)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
If liberals argue that the religious belief of the owners of Hobby Lobby should not be protected because it is somehow seen as them imposing their beliefs on their employees, then why boycott Mozilla and cause his resignation?

If Hobby Lobby is seen as encroaching on their employees'r rights and personal beliefs, why do these liberals think it's then correct to boycott this company simply because it's CEO made a contribution in support of a law that he personally believed in?

http://news.yahoo.com/mozilla-says-ceo-resigns-amid-gay-marriage-controversy-195338477.html
Mozilla CEO resigns, opposition to gay marriage drew fire

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Mozilla Chief Executive Brendan Eich has stepped down, the company said on Thursday, after an online dating service urged a boycott of the company's web browser because of a donation Eich made to opponents of gay marriage.

The software company came under fire for appointing Eich as CEO last month. In 2008, he gave money to oppose the legalization of gay marriage in California, a hot-button issue especially at a company that boasts about its policy of inclusiveness and diversity.

"We didn't act like you'd expect Mozilla to act," wrote Mozilla Executive Chairwoman Mitchell Baker in a blog post. "We didn't move fast enough to engage with people once the controversy started. We're sorry."

The next step for Mozilla's leadership "is still being discussed," she added, with more information to come next week.

While gay activists applauded the move, many in the technology community lamented the departure of Eich, who invented the programming language Javascript and co-founded Mozilla.

..View gallery  A man is seen next to a Firefox logo at a Mozilla stand during the Mobile World Congress in Barcelon …"Brendan Eich is a good friend of 20 years, and has made a profound contribution to the Web and to the entire world," venture capitalist Marc Andreessen tweeted.

Eich donated $1,000 in 2008 in support of California's Proposition 8, which banned gay marriage in the state until it was struck down by the Supreme Court in June.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: If a business is not a church or individual, why this boycott?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 08:06:37 AM »
HEHEHEHEH!!

I thought so.

Libtards are hypocrites.

Interesting how gays voted in droves for thejokeinthewhitehouse to be reelected eventhough he was against gay marriage the same year that the CEO made his donation.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 08:07:50 AM »
Mozilla caved to the pressure.
A

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 10:38:36 AM »
HEHEHEHEH!!

I thought so.

Libtards are hypocrites.

Interesting how gays voted in droves for thejokeinthewhitehouse to be reelected eventhough he was against gay marriage the same year that the CEO made his donation.

Give it time.  Our board liberals don't actually think for themselves.

When DU and Huff Post gives them their talking points, they'll drop in and make an attempted argument by parroting their masters.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 03:38:09 PM »
If liberals argue that the religious belief of the owners of Hobby Lobby should not be protected because it is somehow seen as them imposing their beliefs on their employees, then why boycott Mozilla and cause his resignation?

If Hobby Lobby is seen as encroaching on their employees'r rights and personal beliefs, why do these liberals think it's then correct to boycott this company simply because it's CEO made a contribution in support of a law that he personally believed in?

http://news.yahoo.com/mozilla-says-ceo-resigns-amid-gay-marriage-controversy-195338477.html
Mozilla CEO resigns, opposition to gay marriage drew fire

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Mozilla Chief Executive Brendan Eich has stepped down, the company said on Thursday, after an online dating service urged a boycott of the company's web browser because of a donation Eich made to opponents of gay marriage.

The software company came under fire for appointing Eich as CEO last month. In 2008, he gave money to oppose the legalization of gay marriage in California, a hot-button issue especially at a company that boasts about its policy of inclusiveness and diversity.

"We didn't act like you'd expect Mozilla to act," wrote Mozilla Executive Chairwoman Mitchell Baker in a blog post. "We didn't move fast enough to engage with people once the controversy started. We're sorry."

The next step for Mozilla's leadership "is still being discussed," she added, with more information to come next week.

While gay activists applauded the move, many in the technology community lamented the departure of Eich, who invented the programming language Javascript and co-founded Mozilla.

..View gallery  A man is seen next to a Firefox logo at a Mozilla stand during the Mobile World Congress in Barcelon …"Brendan Eich is a good friend of 20 years, and has made a profound contribution to the Web and to the entire world," venture capitalist Marc Andreessen tweeted.

Eich donated $1,000 in 2008 in support of California's Proposition 8, which banned gay marriage in the state until it was struck down by the Supreme Court in June.

Dario, would you be so kind as to explain why you think there's some kind of contradiction here? 

Honestly, I think I'm not understanding what you're saying.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 05:50:07 AM »

Give it time.  Our board liberals don't actually think for themselves.

When DU and Huff Post gives them their talking points, they'll drop in and make an attempted argument by parroting their masters.

HEHEHEHE!

As you can see from the post above this one, you can see the talking points at work.

The point is that when it comes to the conservative view points of a business owners, libtards claim that it should not be enforced upon their employees.

Yet, libtards have no qualms with enforcing their view points on a business and their employees by threatening boycotts and demanding resignations.

By doing that, they are contradicting themselves. If a business owner or upper management employee can't dictate to an employee to comply with the business owner's personal views, why is it correct for a business owner to be told what he should believe in and be penalized for his/her personal views?  If you can't understand this simple logic, then you are very ignorant or you just don't want to admit the hypocrisy on the left.

If the left doesn't want Hobby Lobby to be given an exception on the basis that their religious belief should not be allowed to trump the rights of their employees, then the left shouldn't be boycotting a business because one of their CEOs gave a donation 6 years ago to support a law against gay "marriage".  Doesn't that CEO have a right to his own personal opinions without being penalized for it? Or do lower level employees the only ones who have rights?

HEHEHEHEH!!!

Libtards are HYPOCRITES!!! THEY DEMAND TOLERANCE FROM EVERYONE ELSE, BUT THEMSELVES!!!!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 06:19:57 AM »
Mozilla caved?  The boycott worked apparently.

This is really no different than the religious nutbag losers of the AFA and Focus On Family that are out boycotting Disney, Google, GAP, etc...  Only difference is that they never accomplish anything with their boycotts except to waste their time.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 06:33:45 AM »
Mozilla caved?  The boycott worked apparently.

This is really no different than the religious nutbag losers of the AFA and Focus On Family that are out boycotting Disney, Google, GAP, etc...  Only difference is that they never accomplish anything with their boycotts except to waste their time.

I can see the truth in your comment.   
A

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 12:17:54 PM »
HEHEHEHE!

As you can see from the post above this one, you can see the talking points at work.

The point is that when it comes to the conservative view points of a business owners, libtards claim that it should not be enforced upon their employees.

Yet, libtards have no qualms with enforcing their view points on a business and their employees by threatening boycotts and demanding resignations.

By doing that, they are contradicting themselves. If a business owner or upper management employee can't dictate to an employee to comply with the business owner's personal views, why is it correct for a business owner to be told what he should believe in and be penalized for his/her personal views?  If you can't understand this simple logic, then you are very ignorant or you just don't want to admit the hypocrisy on the left.

If the left doesn't want Hobby Lobby to be given an exception on the basis that their religious belief should not be allowed to trump the rights of their employees, then the left shouldn't be boycotting a business because one of their CEOs gave a donation 6 years ago to support a law against gay "marriage".  Doesn't that CEO have a right to his own personal opinions without being penalized for it? Or do lower level employees the only ones who have rights?

HEHEHEHEH!!!

Libtards are HYPOCRITES!!! THEY DEMAND TOLERANCE FROM EVERYONE ELSE, BUT THEMSELVES!!!!

"Talking points at work"?  STFU, you paranoid little know-nothing punk.  

There does not seem to be any hypocrisy here:   Are you seriously trying to say that if consumers can arbitrarily decide why they will buy something then employers should be able to arbitrarily decide conditions for employment?

Think about it (no matter how much physical pain that must cause you):  As a consumer, I can decide whether to buy something based on ANY-FUCKING-THING.

An employer cannot (and should not, imo) be able to offer employment based on just anything.  There are rules;  Paying a minimum wage and compliance with certain safety standards are just a couple of them.  

About the Hobby Lobby situation, I don't know much (and don't really GAF) but the way you were trying to equate a consumer boycott with employer-mandated conditions for employment was too much.  

You are seriously retarded, I think.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014, 06:02:40 PM »
Yes.

Is ‘intimidation’ to blame for ouster of Mozilla chief over gay marriage?
By Howard Kurtz
Published April 07, 2014
FoxNews.com

The forced resignation of Mozilla’s CEO over his views on gay marriage has sparked a passionate debate that doesn’t always break down along the lines you would expect.

The media framing of the saga of Brendan Eich has been that a bigot got what he deserved (that is, when it was covered; the network evening newscasts couldn’t find time for the Mozilla story last week). But even some of those who deeply believe in same-sex marriage say it’s a case study in intolerance.

Eich was pushed out of the company that makes the Firefox browser after a week in the top job because he contributed $1,000 to California’s Prop 8 back in 2008. He has not spoken of gays in disparaging terms or made his workplace unfriendly to gays. He simply supported the position backed by Barack Obama until the spring of 2012: that marriage should be between a man and a woman.

I believe that same-sex marriage will eventually become the law of the land, given the shift in public opinion and that most younger people regard it as a non-issue. But you can believe that and also think that those who hold different views should be treated with respect—just like in the divisive debate over abortion.

Andrew Sullivan, the gay blogger who has been an advocate of same-sex marriage for decades and is married to his husband, is appalled by what happened to Eich:

“Will he now be forced to walk through the streets in shame? Why not the stocks? The whole episode disgusts me – as it should disgust anyone interested in a tolerant and diverse society. If this is the gay rights movement today – hounding our opponents with a fanaticism more like the religious right than anyone else – then count me out. If we are about intimidating the free speech of others, we are no better than the anti-gay bullies who came before us.”

For Sullivan to accuse some of his fellow gays and gay-rights advocates of fanaticism and intimidation is an incredibly strong statement—and a tribute to his long record of independent thinking.

Americablog’s John Aravosis, who got into a heated debate with Amy Holmes on yesterday’s “Media Buzz,” takes a different view—and at one point compared opposition to same-sex marriage to the Holocaust. Holmes shot back that the Human Rights Campaign endorsed Obama when his position was also in favor of traditional marriage.

Aravosis writes: “Normally, I wouldn’t really care how a corporate CEO felt about marriage equality.  Don’t get me wrong, I care.  And I’d laud a CEO if she came out in support of it.  But I don’t think I’d launch a campaign against a company simply because its boss wasn’t quite there yet on marriage. I know lots of people who aren’t there yet – though that audience is slimming down fast.

“But Brendan Eich wasn’t simply ‘not there yet’ – he played an active role in creating and enforcing discrimination against millions of gay Californians.  So his offense was pretty severe, and it went arguably beyond ‘speech’ – he joined the ranks of anti-gay activist.

“But does that mean he can’t be CEO of a company?

“Well.  I think once you reach the level of CEO in a visibly-named company, there’s greater internal sensitivity to anything in your life that could harm the business.”

The company chastised itself for giving Eich the top job, and celebrated his departure:

“Mozilla prides itself on being held to a different standard and, this past week, we didn’t live up to it. We know why people are hurt and angry, and they are right: it’s because we haven’t stayed true to ourselves.

“We didn’t act like you’d expect Mozilla to act. We didn’t move fast enough to engage with people once the controversy started. We’re sorry. We must do better.”

Eich, for his part, told the Guardian before he quit: “I don’t want to talk about my personal beliefs because I kept them out of Mozilla all these 15 years we’ve been going. I don’t believe they’re relevant.”

In National Review, Reihan Salam says Eich could have minimized the damage but chose not to:

“I was a supporter of same-sex civil marriage long before our incumbent president — at least a decade before, if memory serves. I continue to support same-sex civil marriage. But I find the campaign against Brendan Eich instructive…

“Had Brendan Eich decided to apologize — had he decided to say that he had come around on the issue, and had he added that his donation to the Proposition 8 campaign was a profound mistake that he would regret for the rest of his life, and which he will atone for by making a large donation to one of the organizations pressing the case for same-sex civil marriage — he could have spared himself all of this trouble…Agree with him or disagree with him, Brendan Eich was willing to pay a price for his beliefs.”

That is true; he could have saved his job by mouthing the right words.

In Slate, Will Oremus acknowledges that the pendulum has swung dramatically in recent years—but insists it doesn’t matter:

“There was a time when supporting gay marriage made you a radical. Then there was a time when it made you a progressive. Now we’ve reached a point where not supporting gay marriage makes you unfit to lead a major Silicon Valley organization.

“Some will say we’ve come too far, too fast—that it’s unfair to pillory someone for a political view that was held by the majority of Californians just six years ago. They’re wrong…

“The notion that your political views shouldn’t affect your employment is a persuasive one. Where would we be as a democracy if Republicans were barred from jobs at Democrat-led companies, or vice versa?

“But this is different. Opposing gay marriage in America today is not akin to opposing tax hikes or even the war in Afghanistan. It’s more akin to opposing interracial marriage: It bespeaks a conviction that some people do not deserve the same basic rights as others. An organization like Mozilla might tolerate that in an underling, and it might even tolerate it in a CTO. But in a CEO—the ultimate decision-maker and public face of an organization—it sends an awful message.”

We’ll give the last word to a Mozilla staffer, Erin Kissane, who penned a tortured blog post before her boss stepped down:

“As a queer employee of Mozilla, I don’t actually feel particularly vulnerable, but I know many people in the wider community have been stung as well as intellectually offended by this choice. So my first duty is to them: to the people harmed. Neither Brendan nor our board have apologized for the ramifications of their actions, which is certainly their call. But I am sorry for the harm done. To everyone who has flinched away, and everyone re-traumatized by these events, I offer a complete and sincere apology: I have chosen to walk under this banner, and that makes me complicit, and I am so sorry for the pain I know this has caused…

“Brendan, I grew up in a very conservative religious home and many of the people I love the most can still be described as very religious and very conservative. I think your views on this issue are wrong, and that your actions have done harm, but I can no more caricature you as a terrible person driven by homophobia and hatred than I can break off relations with my cherished family members because they take actions similar to yours.”

Her conflicted stance underscores that this is not a clear-cut issue.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/07/is-intimidation-to-blame-for-ouster-mozilla-chief-over-gay-marriage/

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 07:05:27 AM »
Even this fag understands:

Andrew Sullivan, the gay blogger who has been an advocate of same-sex marriage for decades and is married to his husband, is appalled by what happened to Eich:

“Will he now be forced to walk through the streets in shame? Why not the stocks? The whole episode disgusts me – as it should disgust anyone interested in a tolerant and diverse society. If this is the gay rights movement today – hounding our opponents with a fanaticism more like the religious right than anyone else – then count me out. If we are about intimidating the free speech of others, we are no better than the anti-gay bullies who came before us.”

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2014, 08:00:24 AM »
Even this fag understands:

Sure, Eich got kind of a bum deal but comparing his situation with the Hobby Lobby thing and saying there is a contradiction there just seems like a total reach to me. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 08:40:34 AM »
The case of Angela McCaskill is a fair comparison.
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2014, 10:53:12 AM »
The case of Angela McCaskill is a fair comparison.

Interesting case.  Never heard about it.

Gallaudet diversity officer accuses university of discrimination in lawsuit
Brian Witte/Associated Press
Published: September 30, 2013 E-mail the writer

Gallaudet University’s chief diversity officer has accused her employer of violating a D.C. anti-discrimination law after a controversy last year that stemmed from her signing a petition that forced a public referendum on Maryland’s gay-marriage law.

Angela McCaskill alleges in a lawsuit filed Friday in U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia that the university mistreated her after a professor questioned her in October 2012 about her signature on the petition.

Her lawsuit accuses Gallaudet of violating anti-discrimination provisions of the D.C. Human Rights Act and of intentionally causing her emotional distress.

Gallaudet, a private university in Northeast Washington that receives federal support, is nationally known as a center of scholarship for the deaf and hard of hearing.

University spokeswoman Catherine Murphy said Monday that Gallaudet had no comment on the lawsuit.

McCaskill, who has worked for Gallaudet for more than 20 years, was placed on paid leave after officials learned that she signed the petition. That led to debate over whether Gallaudet had violated McCaskill’s free speech rights and whether signing the petition was an appropriate action for a university’s diversity officer. Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley (D), a supporter of the gay marriage law, was among those who said the university overreacted.

Subsequently, Gallaudet President T. Alan Hurwitz said that McCaskill was welcome to return to her job but that she and the university community needed to “work together to respond to the concerns that have been raised.”

McCaskill has never said publicly whether she supports or opposes gay marriage, according to her attorney, J. Wyndal Gordon. She has maintained that her wish in signing the petition was simply to let the voters decide. In November 2012, Maryland voters upheld the state’s same-sex marriage law, with 52 percent voting to affirm it on ballot Question 6.

In the lawsuit, McCaskill said that the university demoted her when she returned to work. Her full title before the incident, she said, was deputy to the president and associate provost for diversity and inclusion, as well as chief diversity officer. Now, according to the lawsuit, she is the chief diversity officer.

McCaskill alleges that M.J. Bienvenu, a professor of American Sign Language and deaf studies, confronted McCaskill about her signature on Oct. 3, 2012, “in a very hostile manner,” accused her of being anti-gay and belittled her Christian beliefs. The lawsuit also alleges that the professor said she would bring the matter to the attention of top university officials in an effort to obtain “retaliatory disciplinary action” against McCaskill.

“I’ve nothing to hide. I did nothing wrong,” McCaskill replied, according to the lawsuit.

Bienvenu and Kendra L. Smith, a faculty member who heads the Gallaudet Department of Counseling, are both accused of defamation in the lawsuit. Efforts to reach Bienvenu and Smith for comment via e-mail Monday afternoon were unsuccessful.

McCaskill, in the lawsuit, said that she complained about Bienvenu’s assertions to Hurwitz but that the president did not investigate her complaints or take any action against the professor.

Gordon, McCaskill’s attorney, said the diversity officer was “prejudged” about her views by people at Gallaudet who did not know what those views actually were, leading to a controversy that damaged her professional reputation.

Gordon said he could not shed any light on McCaskill’s position on gay marriage. “I have no idea, and only she knows,” he said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/gallaudet-diversity-officer-accuses-university-of-discrimination-in-lawsuit/2013/09/30/2c8268be-2a07-11e3-b139-029811dbb57f_story.html

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2014, 01:26:59 PM »
Interesting case.  Never heard about it.

Gallaudet diversity officer accuses university of discrimination in lawsuit
Brian Witte/Associated Press
Published: September 30, 2013 E-mail the writer

Gallaudet University’s chief diversity officer has accused her employer of violating a D.C. anti-discrimination law after a controversy last year that stemmed from her signing a petition that forced a public referendum on Maryland’s gay-marriage law.

Angela McCaskill alleges in a lawsuit filed Friday in U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia that the university mistreated her after a professor questioned her in October 2012 about her signature on the petition.

Her lawsuit accuses Gallaudet of violating anti-discrimination provisions of the D.C. Human Rights Act and of intentionally causing her emotional distress.

Gallaudet, a private university in Northeast Washington that receives federal support, is nationally known as a center of scholarship for the deaf and hard of hearing.

University spokeswoman Catherine Murphy said Monday that Gallaudet had no comment on the lawsuit.

McCaskill, who has worked for Gallaudet for more than 20 years, was placed on paid leave after officials learned that she signed the petition. That led to debate over whether Gallaudet had violated McCaskill’s free speech rights and whether signing the petition was an appropriate action for a university’s diversity officer. Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley (D), a supporter of the gay marriage law, was among those who said the university overreacted.

Subsequently, Gallaudet President T. Alan Hurwitz said that McCaskill was welcome to return to her job but that she and the university community needed to “work together to respond to the concerns that have been raised.”

McCaskill has never said publicly whether she supports or opposes gay marriage, according to her attorney, J. Wyndal Gordon. She has maintained that her wish in signing the petition was simply to let the voters decide. In November 2012, Maryland voters upheld the state’s same-sex marriage law, with 52 percent voting to affirm it on ballot Question 6.

In the lawsuit, McCaskill said that the university demoted her when she returned to work. Her full title before the incident, she said, was deputy to the president and associate provost for diversity and inclusion, as well as chief diversity officer. Now, according to the lawsuit, she is the chief diversity officer.

McCaskill alleges that M.J. Bienvenu, a professor of American Sign Language and deaf studies, confronted McCaskill about her signature on Oct. 3, 2012, “in a very hostile manner,” accused her of being anti-gay and belittled her Christian beliefs. The lawsuit also alleges that the professor said she would bring the matter to the attention of top university officials in an effort to obtain “retaliatory disciplinary action” against McCaskill.

“I’ve nothing to hide. I did nothing wrong,” McCaskill replied, according to the lawsuit.

Bienvenu and Kendra L. Smith, a faculty member who heads the Gallaudet Department of Counseling, are both accused of defamation in the lawsuit. Efforts to reach Bienvenu and Smith for comment via e-mail Monday afternoon were unsuccessful.

McCaskill, in the lawsuit, said that she complained about Bienvenu’s assertions to Hurwitz but that the president did not investigate her complaints or take any action against the professor.

Gordon, McCaskill’s attorney, said the diversity officer was “prejudged” about her views by people at Gallaudet who did not know what those views actually were, leading to a controversy that damaged her professional reputation.

Gordon said he could not shed any light on McCaskill’s position on gay marriage. “I have no idea, and only she knows,” he said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/gallaudet-diversity-officer-accuses-university-of-discrimination-in-lawsuit/2013/09/30/2c8268be-2a07-11e3-b139-029811dbb57f_story.html

University seems to be in the wrong here.  Nothing wrong with being in favor of a public referendum about anything. 

If there proves to be, as will occasionally happen, popular support for something illegal, the courts will take care of it sooner or later anyway, I think.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 01:28:33 PM »
University seems to be in the wrong here.  Nothing wrong with being in favor of a public referendum about anything. 

If there proves to be, as will occasionally happen, popular support for something illegal, the courts will take care of it sooner or later anyway, I think.

Agree.  And nothing wrong with having an opinion on either side of that issue. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2014, 01:30:49 PM »
Another interesting comparison is Obama.   Before 2012 he was firmly against gay marriage but that didn't prevent those on the left from voting for him. 
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2014, 01:35:07 PM »
Another interesting comparison is Obama.   Before 2012 he was firmly against gay marriage but that didn't prevent those on the left from voting for him. 

Hillary, Biden, and probably the majority of other Democrats in the House and Senate too. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2014, 01:39:02 PM »
Hillary, Biden, and probably the majority of other Democrats in the House and Senate too. 

And they did it for political reasons.  They didn't have the strength to stand behind their own convictions.  Instead they opposed gay marriage to get votes.  For the record,  I'm pro-gay marriage.
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2014, 01:45:12 PM »
And they did it for political reasons.  They didn't have the strength to stand behind their own convictions.  Instead they opposed gay marriage to get votes.  For the record,  I'm pro-gay marriage.

Truth.  And with Obama it was votes and money.  A large percentage of his major donors are gay.  They were going to withhold money if he didn't become more aggressive with the GLBT/gender identity agenda.  Right after that, Biden put his foot in his mouth and started talking about how they were evolving, and days latter the president suddenly "evolved."