Author Topic: how to get rid of sterile abscess  (Read 14116 times)

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
how to get rid of sterile abscess
« on: April 04, 2014, 06:54:39 PM »
i know its sterile abscess because when i aspirate there's pus filling the syringe lol

actually i tried go inject the area i shot last week,however there's still a lump and i don't really have other place else to inject a 3cc oil,so when i pull the plunger before i inject my oil,there's pus starting filling the syringe and it doesn't hurt,nonetheless it freaked my out

any antibiotics i should take or it will eventually go away on its own?
T

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
Re: how to get rid of sterile abscess
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 07:18:34 PM »
i know its sterile abscess because when i aspirate there's pus filling the syringe lol

actually i tried go inject the area i shot last week,however there's still a lump and i don't really have other place else to inject a 3cc oil,so when i pull the plunger before i inject my oil,there's pus starting filling the syringe and it doesn't hurt,nonetheless it freaked my out

any antibiotics i should take or it will eventually go away on its own?

Dude, a STERILE abscess will by definition not have pus.  Pus is sign of bacterial infection.  Go to a physician and get diagnosed properly and take the proper antibiotics.  Usually, the treatment is antibiotics, but if the infection is progressed they may need to incise and drain it.  Don't wait for it to get better go to a doctor.  IF the syringe fills with pus, you have a significant infection.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 07:36:02 PM »
sterile abscess  ???
A

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 07:54:13 PM »
just saying sterile abscess lol,Heard people calling it that,maybe septic abscess?oh i got fever for a day after i did the injection
T

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 08:53:39 PM »
I know someone that had the same thing in their shoulder.  They sucked out about 5 cc of pus and it went away on its own.  Not a good idea to do that, once you poke it then it has a greater chance of spreading.  Sterile is used to describe it because it is contained, it hasn't spread, and you have no other symptoms such as fever, redness, pain, etc.  To be safe go to the doctor, they will lance it and probably prescribe an antibiotic as a precaution.  Do not squeeze it yourself.  If you don't get it all out, then it has a greater chance of spreading under the skin since you squeezed it.  See these things all the time where I work.  Most aren't gear related though. 

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 12:40:26 PM »
Honest advice: Go seek medical help.

dustin

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 11:50:35 PM »
Unless you drained it completely and are extremely confident that you have no fever, you may be okay. But it's one of those things that you really shouldn't gamble with. If it's something which spreads or gets worse, it can happen at an alarming rate.

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 12:39:11 AM »
the injection was almost more than a week ago..just the lump that's left
T

whitewidow

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2014, 02:57:26 AM »
sounds nasty.have you seen this? 
I Remember Greg valentino had that nasty abcess and the dumbfuck kept took a needle and started drawing out all the puss! It was fucking disgusting! That abcess was huge and he was drawing out the worst looking puss. I think he did go to the Hospital but he videotaped it before he went to the Hospital.

I would go get it checked out and try to get prescribed some Levoflaxin it is a all purpose Anti-bitotic that works for a whole bunch of shit . It works great if you happen to have cellulitis.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014, 03:18:38 AM »
i get that when i inject my delts too often with too much oil.
it looks like a "ball" under the skin and the muscle is a bit hard right? you think its PIP for 3-4 days but then the pain goes away and the lump is left. no fever, not feeling sick, it just looks weird.

had it 2 or 3 times already. i just sticked a needle in there and drain it.

first time i had it i drained like 2x 2.5ml syringes full of oily pus.
the injection itself was just 2.5ml.

i could squeeze the rest out and it was probably another 3ml...

last time i did it it was exactly 5ml of oil/pus, then nothing was left. well, there was probably still a bit left, but your body gets rid of that by itself. if you dont drain it it wont go away (except maybe if you get antibiotics but i'd rather drain its cuz its easy as fuck).
the first time i had it i waited for like 2 weeks but it didnt go away. actually it looked like the amount of pus was increasing day by day.

its easy as hell, if you notice this kind of lump i would not wait too long and just stick a needle in and suck it out. no big deal.

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2014, 03:32:31 AM »
Don't keep poking at that thing with syringes or anything else. If something is sterile it means it contains ZERO life forms, including bacteria and living tissue cells. An abscess on your arm by its very nature can not be sterile. Even without pus, if it is red and inflammed there is definitely some kind of infection present. Also, it needs to be cleaned and treated with sterile equipment and you might need a course of antibiotics.

Go to a doctor, the last thing you would want is a major staph infection which can quickly spread into the blood stream and be fatal.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 11:51:19 AM »
Don't keep poking at that thing with syringes or anything else. If something is sterile it means it contains ZERO life forms, including bacteria and living tissue cells. An abscess on your arm by its very nature can not be sterile. Even without pus, if it is red and inflammed there is definitely some kind of infection present. Also, it needs to be cleaned and treated with sterile equipment and you might need a course of antibiotics.

Go to a doctor, the last thing you would want is a major staph infection which can quickly spread into the blood stream and be fatal.

This.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 10:31:46 PM »
I did something similar to a nickel-sized lump in my delt back in '02. sucked out about 3cc of pink goop that looked like the liposuction-fat seen in the movie Fight Club.

lump didn't hurt before or after draining it and was never red or swollen.

the abcess I got on my hip/thigh from a black widow spider bite on the other hand hurt like hell.. hurt bad enough after 2 weeks that I finally went to the ER and they cut it, drained it, and packed it with gauze... that thing was brutally painfull, and the puss looked very similar.. pink goop. no way in hell could I have drained that myself.

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 09:54:46 AM »
I get lumps deep in my delts. They go away after a few weeks. If they don't give you a fever and make you sick and ache don't worry.

Weedlejuice

• Getbig III
  • Be the very best, like no one ever was.
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2014, 10:29:48 AM »
Dude, a STERILE abscess will by definition not have pus.  Pus is sign of bacterial infection.  Go to a physician and get diagnosed properly and take the proper antibiotics.  Usually, the treatment is antibiotics, but if the infection is progressed they may need to incise and drain it.  Don't wait for it to get better go to a doctor.  IF the syringe fills with pus, you have a significant infection.

It may not be an infection, ive drawn out sterile abcess's for people competing before and from my knowledge it happens more often when you're getting closer to a comp due to your immune system functioning differently and seeing any outside substance as an intruder, something akin to white blood cells encapsulates the foreign substance and wont allow it to disperse they are  responsible for inflammation leading to the lump, I believe the white fluid is a build up of the bi products these things produce as they die off.

I dont fully understand it but I do know they dont always indicate an infection.

Somebody correct me / fill in the gaps if they know any more on the subject.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2014, 07:26:37 AM »

I dont fully understand it but I do know they dont always indicate an infection.

Somebody correct me / fill in the gaps if they know any more on the subject.

Not sure....but I had a few problems like ES described, drawing out pink type goop then doing a round of antiobotics to clear it up and it worked fine. Once it occured due to some shady gear while bulking after a contest. Other time was during spot injections leading up to contest time. 

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2014, 10:02:53 AM »
I have a stupid looking knot on my right shoulder from trying to self drain one of these a few years back. In retrospect it would have been better to leave it alone if truely sterile

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2014, 01:24:05 PM »
I have a stupid looking knot on my right shoulder from trying to self drain one of these a few years back. In retrospect it would have been better to leave it alone if truely sterile

Had that happen when i hit the vessel trying to do a delt shot.  Hot compresses helped clear it out a lot.