Author Topic: Can I have some feedback on my cutting diet please?  (Read 7521 times)

Rickyboy

• Getbig II
Can I have some feedback on my cutting diet please?
« on: April 06, 2014, 11:57:06 AM »
Here is my diet, one week into it:

7.30am - 12 egg whites, 50gm oats, PB

10:am - 50gm protein shake, apple, 2 rice cakes w/peanut butter

13.00 - salmon fillet, mixed veg, sweet potato OR chicken/turkey fillet with rice mixed veg

15.45 - MRP

18:00 - Can of tuna or mackeral

18.30 train

20.00 - Carbolyn (1 scoop), 15 mins later 50gms protein

21.45: Chicken w/ avacado, asparagus, if still hungry one scoop of whey mixed with natural yogurt or quark

I cant have anything other than an MRP at 15:45 as I'm on a quick break at work in the office. And at 6 I can still feel the carbs in me from the MRP so I just have protein - have in the past had carbs at 1800 but I end up feeling drowsy before I get to the gym and that's not good for obvious reasons. Have all my vits Omega 3's...so what do you think?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Can I have some feedback on my cutting diet please?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 05:27:57 PM »
Looks good!
If you're not making the cutting progress you'd like, cut out some of the carbs in your earlier meals.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 06:24:04 PM »
I'd adios the rice cakes and replace with an apple or berries.
:

Dicki_Nurmom

• Getbig II
  • FILT RULES!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 03:27:48 AM »

along the same lines i'd ditch the peanut butter and replace it with nuts

Rickyboy

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 12:56:06 PM »
Looks good!
If you're not making the cutting progress you'd like, cut out some of the carbs in your earlier meals.

Yeah, I'm gonna monitor it and see how I get on

Rickyboy

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 12:56:47 PM »
Actually...you may be right.....I should cut them out as I have been on this diet for 9 days and not lost a pound  >:(

D.O.U.P

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 04:57:28 PM »
way- way- way- WAY TOO MUCH FOOD DUDE!

Of COURSE you have not lost any weight in 9 days. (yea, I know I'm being condescending, but fucking hell man) ::) ::)

1 6 EGG WHITES, 25 GRAMS OATS

2. SALMON FILET,MIXED VEG

3. 8 OZ CHICKEN WITH AVACADO, 1/2 CUP RICE

PERHAPS A PROTEIN DRINK MIXED WITH WATER.

GALLON OF WATER PER DAY/ 2 OR 3 CUPS COFFEE PER DAY.

CARB DRINKS ARE FOR MARATHON RUNNERS AND CHRONIC MASTERBATERS.

Rickyboy

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 01:16:34 AM »
way- way- way- WAY TOO MUCH FOOD DUDE!

Of COURSE you have not lost any weight in 9 days. (yea, I know I'm being condescending, but fucking hell man) ::) ::)

1 6 EGG WHITES, 25 GRAMS OATS

2. SALMON FILET,MIXED VEG

3. 8 OZ CHICKEN WITH AVACADO, 1/2 CUP RICE

PERHAPS A PROTEIN DRINK MIXED WITH WATER.

GALLON OF WATER PER DAY/ 2 OR 3 CUPS COFFEE PER DAY.

CARB DRINKS ARE FOR MARATHON RUNNERS AND CHRONIC MASTERBATERS
;D

Your right dude, cut down this week and finally have lost a few lbs.....

Dicki_Nurmom

• Getbig II
  • FILT RULES!
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 02:41:52 AM »
to be honest i would gear down to 2 meals and a snack... it's much easier to control calories with less meals... and the whole "meals for metabolism" concept is total bullshit

i personally find it WAY more comforting to have a big evening meal rather than to try to remember to eat every 2 hours

i typically only have a juice in the morning (homemade veggie juice) and a whey shake or egg whites if i have time (calling this a snack)

usually a medium sized lunch like rice & bbq chicken (i usually buy lunch) with a tub of vegetables (brought from home)

supper is usually a 1200+ calorie meal... mostly whatever i want

of course i am not a bodybuilder (conflicts with my personal preference to be a heterosexual)... but i am pretty lean, strong and healthy

Rickyboy

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 05:10:57 AM »
to be honest i would gear down to 2 meals and a snack... it's much easier to control calories with less meals... and the whole "meals for metabolism" concept is total bullshit

i personally find it WAY more comforting to have a big evening meal rather than to try to remember to eat every 2 hours

i typically only have a juice in the morning (homemade veggie juice) and a whey shake or egg whites if i have time (calling this a snack)

usually a medium sized lunch like rice & bbq chicken (i usually buy lunch) with a tub of vegetables (brought from home)

of course i am not a bodybuilder (conflicts with my personal preference to be a heterosexual)... but i am pretty lean, strong and healthy

2 meals and a snack? If I cut down that quick surely I would lose muscle quick? I was thinking I should do it gradually....

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 06:08:14 AM »
2 meals and a snack? If I cut down that quick surely I would lose muscle quick? I was thinking I should do it gradually....

Everybody responds differently to dieting. Anybody can lose weight, but it's a little trickier when trying to maximize muscle retention in the process - that's why there is no one absolute method that works the same for everyone.
My recommendation is to start small; you can always subtract. If you're "natural," consider allowing a longer period for your target goal. Often, guys and ladies run into undesirable issues when they try losing too much too fast. You can always adjust.

Once you know your body better, then you can try doing more in less time since you'll have a solid starting point. Right now, it sounds like you need to figure things out some before finding that sweet spot that will get you there. Take it slow at first.

Rickyboy

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 07:55:03 AM »

Everybody responds differently to dieting. Anybody can lose weight, but it's a little trickier when trying to maximize muscle retention in the process - that's why there is no one absolute method that works the same for everyone.
My recommendation is to start small; you can always subtract. If you're "natural," consider allowing a longer period for your target goal. Often, guys and ladies run into undesirable issues when they try losing too much too fast. You can always adjust.

Once you know your body better, then you can try doing more in less time since you'll have a solid starting point. Right now, it sounds like you need to figure things out some before finding that sweet spot that will get you there. Take it slow at first.

I have lost a few lbs this week, so cutting down on the oats has helped, my stomach feels a lot flatter and I'm not nearly as bloated as I was....def now going in the right direction. Its not being done naturally by the way.

D.O.U.P

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 08:40:40 AM »

Read no-one thread. He takes in 1,500 cals for most of the year and he is YOKED.

LOSE MUSCLE? ::) ::) Or are you just making excuses for over eating?

Purge_WTF

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2014, 07:42:43 AM »

Since I started working second shift, I've been doing similar things.

I used to do the five-smaller-meals for a while; now I train fasted and have three larger meals for the rest of the day. I pretty much have dinner at 10:30 or 11.

Rickyboy

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2014, 01:34:14 PM »
Since I started working second shift, I've been doing similar things.

I used to do the five-smaller-meals for a while; now I train fasted and have three larger meals for the rest of the day. I pretty much have dinner at 10:30 or 11.

If you train fasted I'm assuminmg you don't feel hugry? Id be screaming for food at that point

Purge_WTF

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2014, 04:01:54 AM »
If you train fasted I'm assuminmg you don't feel hugry? Id be screaming for food at that point

A few scoops of Craze first thing in the morning takes care of that.

Rickyboy

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2014, 11:13:10 AM »
Ok, at what stage should I start some cardio?

Dicki_Nurmom

• Getbig II
  • FILT RULES!
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 03:41:20 AM »
Ok, at what stage should I start some cardio?

every day for the rest of your life... minimum 30 minutes... 60 is preferable...