Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS ULTIMATE WARRIOR DIES AT 54  (Read 10261 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Re: BREAKING NEWS ULTIMATE WARRIOR DIES AT 54
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2014, 03:37:31 AM »

I don't buy that about everyone.

Bruno told close friends & family that he purposely asked for WAY more money than he ever thought he'd get to do the HOF. The old man met his price, he went in - it was all about the money for Bruno, and despite his claims to the contrary, BRUNO SOLD OUT.
Again, I have no problem with that. In fact, I'm happy for Bruno and glad he got his asking price. But, don't bullshit everyone by saying you didn't do it for the money. He ought to be proud that he soaked Vince!

Billy Graham? How can you buy any sincerity on his part when he's had more fallings-out with Vince than Flair's had divorces? Graham will piss and moan about the McMahon's to anyone who'll listen until he needs another kidney or surgery; then he finds it in his heart to make peace.

I don't care how much they and/or the business has grown; they're FULL...OF...SHIT!!!

Chances are Bruno didnt have a pot to piss in and wanted to leave some money for his family. Of course I may be wrong.

The thing they should tach at NXT is money management. I am sure these guys are getting smarter with their money but when I look at people like Flair...ridiculous.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2014, 04:18:28 PM »
Chances are Bruno didnt have a pot to piss in and wanted to leave some money for his family. Of course I may be wrong.

The thing they should tach at NXT is money management. I am sure these guys are getting smarter with their money but when I look at people like Flair...ridiculous.

Bruno wasn't hurting. I can't share with you how I know this, but I KNOW for a fact that he wasn't anywhere near hurting financially.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2014, 08:35:11 PM »
I think if you listen to what Warrior and Triple H have stated on the reason why now all of a sudden the feuds are forgotten and the character's legacy finally realized makes sense.

both stated that people grow and the business grew.

all the backstage bullshit doesn't change the fact that the UW character was a legend and should be recognized as such. more popular than Hogan for a good year and a bit. not many people can say that. like it or not he connected with the fans.  ask 100 people on the street who the UW is and all will know. Ask the same 100 who John Cena is and most will say 'who?" lol

I beg to differ. Cena's been the face of WWE for close to 10 years. He's been everywhere (kids' shows, movies, awards, Make-A-Wish, cereal boxes, Wal-Mart aisles, K-Mart aisles, etc.). Warrior had all of a year and a half as top dog, during his heyday (nearly 25 years ago). I've often said his downward spiral started the instant Hebner's hand hit three in that title match against Slaughter ('91 Royal Rumble). From that point forward, the only time he was in the main event is when he was teamed with Hogan.

Even as champion, the Ultimate Warrior had to share the spotlight with Hogan. WWE invented the "double main event" deal, to accomadate both of them. After Hogan got "injured" (to film Suburban Commando), the build-up was for his comeback.

I think UW gets a lot of flack from people on the net who weren't even alive when he was big. that rude carried him all the time. etc.  bullshit. it takes TWO to have a good match.  that pisses me off LOL.

True! But he got a lot of flack form people who were alive (and worked with him, during his heyday. As for his feud with Ravishing Rick, you have to admit Warrior botched multiple spots with Rude, particularly in that IC title match at WrestleMania 5. To me, his best work was with "Macho King" Randy Savage, leading up to that "Career Ending Match" at WrestleMania 7.

Of course, the WWE guys praise Savage more than Warrior for that one. Hogan called Savage a "detail freak" and that "Randy made it easy on everybody".

its as bad as having Jim Ross comment on Warrior's time in the WWE when he had nothing to do with the WWE in 1988-90 lol

That's not unusual. I've only been at my job in the Midwest for a year. Yet, when I call companies that have worked with my employer 5+ years ago, I usually said "WE'VE done work with you on..." this project or that project.

Ross was there for Warrior's 2nd and 3rd run, which unfortunately didn't end so well.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2014, 09:06:21 AM »
Makes you wonder if Warrior would have mended fences when he was originally asked to go into the HOF back when they were in AZ.......

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2014, 09:02:25 PM »
Makes you wonder if Warrior would have mended fences when he was originally asked to go into the HOF back when they were in AZ.......

He said he didn't do it, because it made no sense after he got hacked to pieces in "Self Destruction...."

Montague

• Getbig V
R.I.P., ULTIMATE WARRIOR
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2014, 06:41:32 AM »
I just came across this and thought it was a very touching video.

From Ultimate Warrior's family this past June:

Country Guy

• Getbig II
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2014, 10:36:25 AM »
Very cool  :)  RIP Warrior...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2014, 12:06:29 PM »
I regret that he died, but I'm happy that he made peace with the company and fans.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2014, 11:53:21 AM »
Nice video, brought a quick tear to my eye....

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2014, 03:25:21 PM »
Nice video, brought a quick tear to my eye....

He was human.

You are human.

Vince is an asshole, but he is human, too.

I'm glad he they all made peace!!