Author Topic: NPC/IFBB level competitors, WTF?!  (Read 16571 times)

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
Re: NPC/IFBB level competitors, WTF?!
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2014, 04:03:29 PM »
Welcome man, great build

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2014, 04:03:32 PM »
I make a living from training clients, my contract with Octane Labs, Big Back Grips who cuts me a check, and several sponsorships. Now It may not be much for starting out it's a great way to start anything especially in this industry. I plan on being competitive as well as ready for my pro debut next year. Iv'e already gone up to a lean 217. Im excited to see how things play out for me... - Martae

Posting on getbig is a one way ticket to top 3 in a Pro Show. Just ask Phil Heath.

Martae Ruelas

• Getbig II
  • Here I come To Save The Day!!!!!!!!
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2014, 04:09:22 PM »
category winners get pro cards as well, which means you could be an IFBB pro at 150lb but that doesn't mean anything as they would never even place at the worse line up in any pro show due to lack of size.

I weight 217 now this lean... My pro debut will tell if I am fit at this level or not...

Martae Ruelas

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2014, 04:14:13 PM »
This was last year...

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2014, 04:17:05 PM »

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2014, 04:30:04 PM »
Who dat?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2014, 04:35:46 PM »
DROP .... IT'S NOT HOW ONE LOOKS ON STAGE  BUT .... HOW ONE PLACES WITHIN HIS/HER CLASS.

So if everyone in that class  looks like they should not be up there in the first place ... the two 'best of the worst' will be eligible for a Pro Card.

I may be mistaken by using the term "eligible".... but no amateur  is a PRO until he/she applies for that coveted Pro Card and receives it.

I use the term 'receives' because just a short while back an amateur had to be accepted/approved before that Pro Crd was 'issued".

I say "issued" ... because that word is used within the military  when they issue you size 12 combat boots for size 10 feet. .... Awe!! Forget that part...... It gets complicated!

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2014, 05:00:23 PM »
Just read ONE TIME's post on page one and have to agree 100% with an attempt to offer one additional and hopefully "intelligent"  comment ......

OTH said, .....  " Category winners get pro cards as well, which means you could be an IFBB pro at 150lb but that doesn't mean anything as they would never even place at the worse line up in any pro show due to lack of size."

I think that the NPC/IFBB is well aware of the competitive situation in which these new IFBB Pros are not capable of competing in the present IFBB pro contests.

It's evident that the vast majority of these new  IFBB Pros would be competing in today's IFBB Pro shows with a definite disadvantage and would most likely decide to not renew their IFBB Pro Card each year.

This in turn would be a major financial 'disadvantage' within the IFBB which would most likely want each new pro to renew his/her Pro Card each year.

So there has got to be a "CARROT' !

And the best carrot I can  visualize  is to offer additional IFBB Pro Contests for various levels of pro competitors so that these new pros can compete against pros who are somewhat comparable to themselves.

Or something like that.

Martae Ruelas

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2014, 05:44:52 PM »
Dexter Jackson used to be a bantamweight so that is not necessarily true...

johnnyb5309

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2014, 06:03:41 PM »
You look very similar to another pro from a different board although I believe he was a bit heavier. Nice build though

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2014, 07:18:24 PM »
This Martae kid will be fine in 2-3 more years of trsining. Size is eazy. He has great lines already

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2014, 07:06:58 AM »
Dexter Jackson used to be a bantamweight so that is not necessarily true...

But I think he got his pro card as a light heavy if I'm not mistaken

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2014, 08:59:16 AM »
DROP .... IT'S NOT HOW ONE LOOKS ON STAGE  BUT .... HOW ONE PLACES WITHIN HIS/HER CLASS.

So if everyone in that class  looks like they should not be up there in the first place ... the two 'best of the worst' will be eligible for a Pro Card.

I may be mistaken by using the term "eligible".... but no amateur  is a PRO until he/she applies for that coveted Pro Card and receives it.

I use the term 'receives' because just a short while back an amateur had to be accepted/approved before that Pro Crd was 'issued".

I say "issued" ... because that word is used within the military  when they issue you size 12 combat boots for size 10 feet. .... Awe!! Forget that part...... It gets complicated!

I understand Stunt, but my point (at least, I believe so...) is that giving a pro card to every class winner makes no sense (with all respect for those winners!).

I remember that you once wrote that this results in more fresh blood in the pro scene, which is a good thing, BUT... will this result in quality line ups as well in a pro show? I don't see that, so I would suggest that only overall winners receive a pro card.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2014, 09:03:28 AM »

I actually had to force myself down to the lightweight class to even make it probably losing a bit of muscle. I am now in the offseason with abs weighing 217... Arms have been a lagging part due to two ruptured biceps but we've been working on this area. I plan on taking the time off needed to grow and be a beast! - Martae
Welcome!! Awesome build. You will go far! Good luck!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2014, 09:05:52 AM »
I understand Stunt, but my point (at least, I believe so...) is that giving a pro card to every class winner makes no sense (with all respect for those winners!).

I remember that you once wrote that this results in more fresh blood in the pro scene, which is a good thing, BUT... will this result in quality line ups as well in a pro show? I don't see that, so I would suggest that only overall winners receive a pro card.

PRE MID TO LATE 2000'S..USA WAS OVERALL WAS ONLY PRO CARD,NOW THEY GIVE IT TO OVERALL 2ND RUNNER UP AND I THINK A 3RD AS WELL..AND THEN ALL THE PHYSIQUE /WOMENS END SO MANY.....

NATIONALS WAS ALWAYS CLASS WINNERS BUT OVERALL TITLE WAS GOOD AS MAIN TITLE FOR A BBER..

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2014, 09:43:17 AM »
PRE MID TO LATE 2000'S..USA WAS OVERALL WAS ONLY PRO CARD,NOW THEY GIVE IT TO OVERALL 2ND RUNNER UP AND I THINK A 3RD AS WELL..AND THEN ALL THE PHYSIQUE /WOMENS END SO MANY.....

NATIONALS WAS ALWAYS CLASS WINNERS BUT OVERALL TITLE WAS GOOD AS MAIN TITLE FOR A BBER..

So, receiving a pro card was a true honor. Now, it's 'nice' to have that title for sponsorships/guest appearances/bb-related business, etc, but how far will it bring you on a pro stage when you won the light/mid weight class?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2014, 10:37:03 AM »
So, receiving a pro card was a true honor. Now, it's 'nice' to have that title for sponsorships/guest appearances/bb-related business, etc, but how far will it bring you on a pro stage when you won the light/mid weight class?
kinda same as today YOU HAD TO BE A LIGHT HEAVY AND UP ..to do damage,but George Farrah,david henry was a middleweight,david dearth was a middleweight he did good as well..

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2014, 10:56:08 AM »
kinda same as today YOU HAD TO BE A LIGHT HEAVY AND UP ..to do damage,but George Farrah,david henry was a middleweight,david dearth was a middleweight he did good as well..

All those names were great physiques (PIP David), but to me it's impossible to compare a Lee Labrada with a Lee Haney. In this sense it's great to have the 212 class. Maybe we should get rid of the open class?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2014, 11:01:04 AM »
All those names were great physiques (PIP David), but to me it's impossible to compare a Lee Labrada with a Lee Haney. In this sense it's great to have the 212 class. Maybe we should get rid of the open class?
LABRADA PUSHED HANEY IN 90...

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2014, 11:07:14 AM »
LABRADA PUSHED HANEY IN 90...

He did!, but how can you truly compare them? A Mike Christian with a Lee Haney is much easier.

monstermunch

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2014, 11:08:51 AM »
This was last year...

How dare that woman use her phone whilst in your presence.

Assume she was disciplined?

monstermunch

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2014, 11:10:01 AM »

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2014, 11:20:25 AM »
He did!, but how can you truly compare them? A Mike Christian with a Lee Haney is much easier.
GASPARI worked/drugged his ass of to sniff 3 2nds to lee...labrada was steady,christian if he had legs could have possibly dethroned lee,problem with Christian was he was original levrone he got bigger'gre'into show,he was like kev small/soft offseason..

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2014, 12:36:53 PM »
This was last year...

More pics of the whore.
P

Martae Ruelas

• Getbig II
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2014, 05:31:30 AM »

It all depends on how you train/diet/ put on quality muscle and bring a quality package. My friend Thomas Anderson after winning his pro card at the same show I did competed this last july  at wings of strength and placed 9th out of like 15 I believe (could be mistaken) which isn't bad considering the majority were more experienced and had more time as a pro. My first show after a 3 year hiatus from the sport I did was the West Coast Classic I came a point from winning the overall in Cali which if I did would have been unheard of for a very long time. Beating a Super heavyweight, heavyweight, and middle weighing at the most 80 pounds more. That being said I know the pro ranks are another story but I've held my own in the past. And if the past is an indicator taking 3rd at USA's my first pro qualifier ever then turning pro 4 months later at Nationals, I would say I may be someone with a spark... We shall see. - martae Ruelas