Author Topic: Alistair Overeem  (Read 2148 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: Alistair Overeem
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 06:30:38 AM »
What A way to make a buck its probably worth it , fights once a year for what 500k aint to bad, free medical, fans, women ect
A

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 06:36:47 AM »

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 06:39:32 AM »
What A way to make a buck its probably worth it , fights once a year for what 500k aint to bad, free medical, fans, women ect
and one way ticket to cte city

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 06:48:03 AM »

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2019, 06:57:22 AM »
Overeem never ceases to deliver his head on a platter for the next highlight reel of knockouts. I don't like his fights anymore. He spends so much time dodging his opponent's hands with the shittiest form. He never pulls the trigger on anything and somehow lands flat on his ass more so than not. I think he lost his chin a long time ago and ever since he fights like the shell of the man he once was. I wonder if Dana just doesn't cut him because his heavyweight division is so light on talent.

"1"

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2019, 07:24:52 AM »
They need to force him to retire. He's a great CTE candidate.  :(

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2019, 07:26:36 AM »
Overeem never ceases to deliver his head on a platter for the next highlight reel of knockouts. I don't like his fights anymore. He spends so much time dodging his opponent's hands with the shittiest form. He never pulls the trigger on anything and somehow lands flat on his ass more so than not. I think he post his chin a long time ago and ever since he fights like the shell of the man he once was. I wonder if Dana just doesn't cut him because his heavyweight division is so light on talent.

"1"

USADA completely cancelled his impressiveness

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2019, 12:52:15 PM »
That was a savage knockout but Overeem choked big time.  How does he not just cover up with 10 seconds left OR just stand up and put his fists up to fight the last four?  Dumbass Rozenstruik could have lost the fight by walking away when the ref hadn't stopped the fight.  If I were training heavyweights I would jump at a chance to fight Rozenstruik as he is a one dimensional fighter.  He has the one punch knockout power but can't kick or defend kicks, fight on the ground, or last more than 1 round without being gassed.  He got a gift last night.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2019, 07:13:40 AM »
Overeem needs to switch to a org that gives a blind eye to juice.

Maybe if he ups the dose back to his pre-UFC days he'll switch back from the econoreem model to the ubereem one.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2019, 10:44:17 AM »
Looks like he had a harelip that split open.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2019, 03:45:56 PM »
He's had a 20 year career.  Been knocked out probably a dozen times.  Factor in all the gym wars.  People that know, love and care for him should convince him it's time to turn the page. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2019, 02:58:59 AM »
He's had a 20 year career.  Been knocked out probably a dozen times.  Factor in all the gym wars.  People that know, love and care for him should convince him it's time to turn the page. 
Maybe, but he had the fight won if he didn't choke at the very end.  He was easily winning the fight, it's not like he was getting embarrassed in the Octagon.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2019, 03:24:48 AM »
Maybe, but he had the fight won if he didn't choke at the very end.  He was easily winning the fight, it's not like he was getting embarrassed in the Octagon.

I still think CTE or other concerns would be valid at this point.  Presumably, he's going to end up with problems, and perhaps if he stopped now and focused on reversing damage, that wouldn't have to be the case.

I'm not positive about that...I'm just saying, it's possible, and as a heavyweight fighter, I think he is at far greater risk than those in the lower weight classes.  Georges St-Pierre was saying that training for his middleweight bout with Michael Bisping required training with heavier/larger men, which made the risk of injury greater.  That makes sense - how strong can some of these welterweights be?  Very few welterweights could punch as hard as Johny Hendricks, for example.

Look at Overeem's lip...this is worse than the photo above of Robbie Lawler from his Rory MacDonald II fight at UFC 189.  Yikes:

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2019, 05:17:32 AM »

No doubt. In fact I think he's skilled enough on any given night to still win the championship. The issue is whether it's worth drinking out of a straw in 10 years.