Author Topic: Canada's middle class now richest in the world  (Read 2726 times)

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
Re: Canada's middle class now richest in the world
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2014, 08:24:54 AM »
Progressive economics sucks!
yes, with Canadian socialized medicine for all.
higher taxes on the rich.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2014, 08:26:52 AM »
yes, with Canadian socialized medicine for all.
higher taxes on the rich.

Right - cause higher taxes leads to prosperity

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2014, 08:44:51 AM »

Well, ...at least in Canada it does. We actually get something for our taxes. :D
w

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2014, 08:52:26 AM »
Well, ...at least in Canada it does. We actually get something for our taxes. :D

Tell me more about this wonderful country! like all the free drugs you must get with that "free" health care system?. Oh, what's that? you have to buy a drug plan to get prescription meds?

And tell me about those great deductions you can make on ca federal or provincial taxes, like mortgage interest, property tax etc! And all the breaks the state gives to old people, like reducing their tax burden for owning a home? Those must be very generous since Canada values it's older citizens.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2014, 11:35:21 AM »
Tell me more about this wonderful country! like all the free drugs you must get with that "free" health care system?. Oh, what's that? you have to buy a drug plan to get prescription meds?

And tell me about those great deductions you can make on ca federal or provincial taxes, like mortgage interest, property tax etc! And all the breaks the state gives to old people, like reducing their tax burden for owning a home? Those must be very generous since Canada values it's older citizens.

why would drugs ever be free? if you go to a hospital they are free, if you need a prescription you pay, no amount of tax dollars could cover that ime.
Plus they are private companies who make these drugs. Moot point.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2014, 12:12:34 PM »
But the UK can give anyone free or super subsidized drugs on the NHS and the country carries roughly the same debt per person as Canada... but has nothing like as many natural resources to share with it's people.

Are Canadians selfish? Don't they want people to have access to life saving drugs?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2014, 01:54:48 PM »
But the UK can give anyone free or super subsidized drugs on the NHS and the country carries roughly the same debt per person as Canada... but has nothing like as many natural resources to share with it's people.

Are Canadians selfish? Don't they want people to have access to life saving drugs?

Canadians who need drugs always have access to life saving drugs.
In the event that one may need a new experimental drug, they always get it,
...as in the case of that little girl the other day, when the province rushed to have it covered.
Canadians of lower means are able to get prescription drugs covered by health insurance or gov't drug benefit
w

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2014, 04:21:53 PM »
But I don't understand! My wife's uncle had to leave Canada and move back to the UK because as a diabetic they wouldn't cover his insulin or other meds - and his family went bankrupt trying to run a small business in the country with the wealthiest middle class.

It's so odd, why did he not understand that there was free medication for him if he only needed it? the government would have paid for it?

I bet he'll feel really silly when I tell him that!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2014, 08:31:33 PM »

And less government and universal health care also lead to it. 

Not that reality has anything to do with it. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2014, 03:13:49 AM »
But I don't understand! My wife's uncle had to leave Canada and move back to the UK because as a diabetic they wouldn't cover his insulin or other meds - and his family went bankrupt trying to run a small business in the country with the wealthiest middle class.

It's so odd, why did he not understand that there was free medication for him if he only needed it? the government would have paid for it?

You usually have to apply for said things. Also, if he was making enough he should have had health insurance.

Im sure it was the diabetes which pushed him over. Sounds like a stupid person, he didn't check to make sure his chronic illness would be taken care of before moving and starting a life? did he do no fucking research? sounds like a idiot.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2014, 06:52:39 PM »

Yes,.. "Natives" who don't pay any.   :P

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2014, 03:17:07 AM »

Yes, I'm sure he will. Most residents especially "main stream" residents are not always aware of the vast resources available to assist them. This knowledge is often restricted to the very rich who are often aware of every resource/loophole from which they may derive benefit (due to an army of professionals designed to save/make them money) or to the very poor or new comers, who receive counselling that informs them of the various resources available to them in their new country. Diabetic supplies are generally NOT covered, however, an individual who lacks the means can have this covered. What province did he live in?
w